Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Wanted Manga Sequels

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Wanted Manga Sequel's

Quote Originally Posted by Estranho View Post
    I don't think we need a sequel to Slam Dunk. The story is great the way it is. If don't get the feeling of the last game, well, you don't deserve to read anything else from the story.
    I do get the feeling of the last game. I am just feeling that we slam dunk lover deserve to get more. like I said earlier, watching Sakuragi train from the basic again (assuming he lost all what he had studied before) will be interesting. I really wanna see him poking Ansai-sensei, that was so much hilarious. and what I wanna see the most, the rokie from Meiwa, the Interhigh winner's ass getting ass kicked by Sakuragi or Rukawa

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 100krotka View Post
    Also sequel to FMA would be awesome.
    That would be wonderful even FMA just release series of mini Gaiden. I want to know what happened to the other characters after Ed & Al went back home & traveled.

Also i want a short conclusion on what happened on the last world/dimension travelling of Syaoran, Kurogane, Fai & Mokona on Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
    The ending was that they were set to travel once more and Sakura-hime left waiting in Clow country. I'm happy with the ED but somehow not quite satisfied because it left me thinking when will all of them meet each other once more and also if ever Kurogane will be able to return to Nihon country too.
    Last edited by <.Haruka.>; October 07, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An FMA sequel would worry me. I miss it, it's my favorite series, but I imagine any sequel being the manga equivalent of the Star Wars sequels. I'd love sequels to some Jump series that ended early, a Double Arts continuation would have been nice, even if it had to be in another magazine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe next year or later (since it just finished recently), it would be nice to have a short sequel of Ouran High School Host Club.
    The manga ended on Haruhi studying in America for 1 year but the the rest of the host members followed her.
    I want to know their adventures abroad and what will happen to them until they are in collage or after some few years after they graduate in high school.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

I CERTAINLY WANT DEATH NOTE'S SEQUEL

even i thought a story for it too . other is AKUMETSU

its the most under rated series ever i think

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think Death Note is fine the way it ended and doesn't really need a sequel. The ending was ambiguous which is good! It leaves us with things to wonder about.

I would like a sequel or a follow-up on Yotsuya Senpai. I was so sad it got cancelled so I would have liked to see where it would have progressed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Veritas.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Personally I think Death Note is fine the way it ended and doesn't really need a sequel. The ending was ambiguous which is good! It leaves us with things to wonder about.
    I agree, anything after the death of Yagami Light would have been too much. His and L's character were the the footholds of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by asher
    Veritas.
    That would be great but the chances are very low

I would love to see a sequel of "Monster". The story ended with a lot of unresolved questions and the main villain's still living.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply for the fact that it ended, Planetes. On the other hand, I think that the ending was good. It would be hard to find satisfying content and topics for a sequel imo, it would have to be radically different as the topics in Planetes were treated well enough.
    Ok, tbh it seems the only reason why I'ld wish a sequel is that I liked the characters too much

Possibly Shigurui would deserve a sequel. I still think it's very rare in style and atmosphere, and it really didn't depend much on the characters. It could -in the same style- possibly treat some other stories very well, like a war or something.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless to say Veritas would be my top pick. I would not mind seeing Dragon Ball GT being written by Akira. The GT anime lacked so much for me, the Akira-impact if you can call it was, obviously not there.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hana Yori Dango:

While the manga did have a proper ending, I wouldn’t mind a sequel at all. I would really like to see F4 and Makino’s journey into adulthood. And I confess I would especially like to see Tsukasa and Makino’s wedding (yes, I know we got to see it in the J-drama/movie) and subsequently the development of their life as a newly married couple.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love a Slam Dunk sequel! Same for Ouran High School and Hana Yori Dango. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Kekkaishi sequel to see how Tokine and Yoshi have progressed :3

Double Arts was killed off too early, I would have loved to see how the story would have progressed if it hadn't been canceled. Likewise for Psyren.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyeshield 21, the ending was so rushed, it'd be great to have a sequel.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

A sequal to Love Hina would be cool. Maybe just a very short one (10-30 chapters), where we get to see how the main character did later in life. I liked the ending of Love Hina, but I really miss the characters. Think I've read it 4 times now x)

A sequel, or rather an continuation, to Double Arts would be awesome. DA got lot of potential, but got slaughtered :/

As other already has mentioned: An FMA sequal - cosy mini arc.

Last, but not least, a sequal to Kintoki! I really liked the atmosphere/mood I got from reading it (Akira Toriyama magic!).
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rushed ending is like Mx0, seriously, how could they just leave it there?
    Same with Veritas, after I realised the fights wouldn't end the story, I just couldn't be bothered reading any more.

Think there were a lotta rushed endings that pissed me off; but at least Psyren ended with some sort of conclusion. Pisses me off.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast