Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best food/cooking manga

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best food/cooking manga

To me Hell's kitchen is OK but not more. For example the last chapter about the competition between agricultural and chef school was quite lame (I don't even talk about the conclusion...). I guess I prefer more rational plots for this genre.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've read many food/cooking manga, but Bambino is at the top of my list. Compared to other stories I've read, this manga takes a realistic approach on life, shows the struggle of the main character working in a hectic restaurant, working long hours on a very low wage; but he is doing what he loves, strives to improve his skills no matter the challenge and basically following his dreams. Though the art-style took awhile to get use to, it only adds to it's realism. Definitely worth a read.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Bambino is really great. Though for those who would like to read it, you have to know that the part 2 is not scanlated (and not planned to be as for now). And it is difficult to say that the part 1 is conclusive just by itself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Part 2 of Bambino! is released in my country. So, lucky me!! and I have to say, the new character is awesome!!

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read Secondo up until volume 8 (from the raws spread on the web), and in my opinion is Secondo is weaker in terms of storytelling compared to its prequel. Its focus shifted to drama rather than cooking itself, so for me it was kind of disappointing. If you are only interested in the cooking matters, I think Bambino is already enough, unless you want to see what's happen next to Bambi and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Part 2 of Bambino! is released in my country. So, lucky me!! and I have to say, the new character is awesome!!
    I don't like Tsuchiya. Up until volume 8, he's too annoying up to the point where I can say he can be repulsive just by existing as a character.

--------------------------------

Get the volume 11. There will be a nice side characters in the volume 10. At least this guy is not as annoying as Tsuchiya.
    Last edited by Doraku; September 07, 2012 at 12:25 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ihatenaming's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read for cooking manga (which is not a lot) I would have to say my favorite is Shokugeki no Soma. It's still ongoing but it is awesome (at least in my opinion).

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I also would like to recommend Nobunaga no Chef - Seinen manga about cooking and history. Two among many favorite subjects in the world combined, it couldn't be more perfect.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

cooking papa has just started. but it is better than others cliche based stories.
    over 1250 chapters shows its popularity

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3