Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Should Warner Brothers make a Bleach Movie?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely YES

28 23.53%
  • OMG Please NO

73 61.34%
  • I don't know

18 15.13%
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach Manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach Manga

I'm not expecting much out of this project.
    The last time that they tried to adapt a hit manga/anime series in Japan into an American live action movie... Well, let's just say it's something I wish that would have never happened.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner skye_4444's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If they actually do end up making the movie it may be interesting to see. At least it's worth seeing just to try it out. I don't want to say something like "I absolutely refuse to see it" then miss out if it ends up being pretty good.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is there is almost no chance that it's going to be good at all. Hollywood doesn't have a good record of making adaptions from other sources, especially manga, and Bleach is a bit over the top and unsuited for a live-action adaptation. The only thing that would be less suited for a live-action adaptation would be Naruto or Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagan.

Oh well, maybe they'll hit on that million-to-one chance and it'll actually be good.

Maybe.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one plan on watching it, if only to laugh at how horribly Hollywood butchers it.

Who knows, maybe they'll get Nick Simmons in on the project. That would be hilarious.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member thedarkoneaox's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

See the problem isnt really that animes and manga cant be made into movies, its when they take Goku and turn him into a valley boy whos in highschool being picked on by bullies. They want to try and turn it from what it original was into something they feel can pull the anime/manga fans because of what it's supposed to be meanwhile pull young females into the seats hoping to make the next Twilight or teenage heartthrob so they can try to keep the money going... Think about Dead or Alive, they hyped that movie up so bad, yet Bayman wasnt even close to russian, kevin nash was Bass? Dont feel bad, I think even though I dread stating the name The Last Airbender is doomed to feel the same curse. Matter of fact not even that... Zatono point was great on every aspect from a certain stand point. Look at the latest Martial Art movie, Ninja Assassin, just about every critic that I read was like it was the worse thing they ever seen, his acting was horrible, cheesy stunts, cheesy effects, that he needed to quit that he disrespected greats like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li. Yet and I can say that 99% of the movies they brought out, critics ripped them to shreds, but if you check out Chuck Norris movies, and a bunch of Jean Claude movies alot of them didnt get bad reviews(wont say all their movies passed but 90% did)Not saying anything racial or anything like that, what I am saying is most of us here are worried about Content, however what they sell most is context... Most movies are like those drug commericals, "This movie may cause you to get pissed off cause we ripped you out of your movie, yet we will complain from our 90million dollar houses while carrying across a roach with a 2 million dollar angel teardrop studded heavenium collar and try to get everyone locked up if you download or copy this crappy movie that I wouldnt wipe my deadsea scroll cesspool turdmonger butt with it. sorry got into a rant... Needless to say I will support an author, artist, singer or whatever... I just hate it when these corporate errr put their opinions into stuff and crap it up than want to leave it for the public to feel burned by it, and the star or whatever to take the heat...
    A proud member of the New Central 46!
    Harribal's Babydad and Grimmjow's Brother in Law

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Paccu-Jay Official's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

They're trying to do what they have done with comics in the west , and it only works best with western comics seeing as the movies were produced in the west just like the comics.

If your going to make Bleach a live action get the asian cinema to produce it and then realise it later over here by DVD/Blu Ray or something.

This film will be a flop , people say it MIGHT have potential if its done in a sort of story heavy serious tone , but thats not what Bleach is all about , theres comedy , theres ecchi parts , theres badass fight scenes, Japanese puns and idiosyncrasy.

I do not say this with bias , DBZ-E was something I wanted to give a shot , I watched the film and in all honesty i was amazed at how rushed appalling and far off from the manga it was ! how am i supposed to trust Hollywood to rectify there mistakes with my precious Bleach and make it a good film ?

Tite Kubo , we your fans , who you create Bleach for do not like this one bit. I say Mangahelpers and other sites unite and make a petition !

Back on the west vs east example. Look at spiderman , brilliant comic,tv cartoon series etc and cinema movie that was made in the west. now when it was brought to Japan it was changed dramatically ,to spiderman fans dismay , adding stuff like mecha robots etc it just didn't match with the original story and this is the case with what would happen to Bleach and what has happend with DBZ-E.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I just found out about this and I must say I was quite surprised. I guess it makes sense considering the manga is reasonably popular in the states.

I don't think this movie should be made though. Seriously, if they trashed the characters just 0.0000000000000001 of what they did with dragon ball then the movie is going to be overwhelmingly bad. I don't think it is physically or humanly possible to make or even conceive a movie which is actually worst than dragon ball evolution but I do believe there are people out there who will try.

Problem with warner making a bleach movie is that they will not even consider making the movie vaguely resemble the manga. They are gonna "americanize" the characters into something which does not resemble the characters we all know and love. I bet this are some of the things which the movie would try:

1.- Ichigo would desperately follow orihime around every day begging for a date. Orhime will ignore him. Ichigo will be a social reject who gets beat up every day.

2.- Orihime will have no of her freak -see the first chapters of the manga for what I mean- and will probably be completely oblivious to anyone but herself. Tatsuki will be the bitchie friend who thinks ichigo and his friends are dorks.

3.- Chad.... seriously, too easy to trash the guy....

4.- Urahara.... I am already crying tears of blood just thinking what they could do to this guy....

I really hope this movie is not made. If it is made, I would see it though. After the DB fiasco I just can fathom any USA studio making this type of manga into something which resembles a half decent movie. I don't see how the humor, echie, fighting scenes and everything which makes bleach, well, bleach can be put in a big screen without destroying and chaging it completely. I don't want to see ichigo turned into a stupid, generic redneck as goku was.

We all will know this movie will suck when a no talent worthless redneck like Justin Chatwin -or any other mediocre cheap actor- gets casted as ichigo. On another note, the girl from zombie land might play a decent rukia though.

Lets all pray to the gods of manga this movie is NEVER made. Protect bleach, hail the cookies, peach out.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BigJDelux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    I agree, a Bleach movie would be awesome with tons of explosions, a shaky cam, overabundant CGI and a cheesy script. Hell yeah I'd watch the shit out of that movie :3
    yeah i could probably go for that too! hollywood is the land of unoriginal bastards now. . . their only option are our most treasured things. i can see nothing but the ruination of a great manga/anime franchise if this comes to pass
    "The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome is the betrayal you don't see." - Sousuke Aizen

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigJDelux View Post
    yeah i could probably go for that too! hollywood is the land of unoriginal bastards now. . . their only option are our most treasured things. i can see nothing but the ruination of a great manga/anime franchise if this comes to pass
    The main problem I see with this movie is that they are gonna turn perfectly likeable characters and humor and turn them into average rednecks. If you think about it, ichigo and Uryu have no conceivable place in a USA movie school. Ichigo is a guy who studies very hard -because he has nothing better to do-, could kick the crap out of a number of bullies on his own, is indiferent to social life and yet manages to have a number of friends for whom he would die. Ichigo would have no place among bullies, nerds, geeks or whatever other place in a stereotipical high school. Uryu is even in a worst position. He looks like a stereotypical nerd, yet we know he would destroy a bully without trying. He gets good grades, is respected, likes to sew, and is completely indifferent to social life. He simply cannot be placed in a stereotipical USA high school and be the same Uryu we all know, his position there simply is non existent. It pains me to say it but the closest thing you could get to ichigo while "americanizing" him is.... well... fonzie -ahhhhh the HORROR, the TRAGEDY, the humanity, what has the world come to. for the love of God just put an end to it ALL -....

Almost as much as an americanized ichigo -henceforth referred to as fonzchigo- it would pain me to see an americanized chad. He would have a huge crappy as shit mustache, a horrible accent -not anything like the spanish speaking accents which are considered cool- and a freaking sombrero. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND PURE IN THIS WORLD DO NOT TURN CHAD INTO AN STEREOTYPICAL USA MEXICAN.

All in all, this movie has the potential to suck so much it could actually make Justin Chatwin appear to be a decent goku -which he wasn't, he was trash, garbage, an overwhelming failure, I honestly want to punch him in the face for being such a worthless piece of trash human being and doing what he did to a manga and anime which has inspired millions-. On the other hand, this movie has no potential to be above average....

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sojiroseta98's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic Fail!.....i'm sure 100 other people have already named the other failed anime movie attempts so i wont....

But if they have to Milk Bleach for all its worth then i suggest doing it this way

Death Note, came out with a Japanese Live action which was SUCCESSFUL....(or more successful then most)....now apparently from that, about 10 Major Hollywood Studios have expressed interest in re-telling it in Hollywood.....so do a test run first and see

tho to me the only concept they should keep is the idea of soul reapers/Shinigami...as well as some lil conscepts....if they go into too much detail in the bleach world it either will require too much CGI money, or will not have enough CGI money which will result in shitty graphics....not to mention its impossibly hard to westernize many parts of Bleach since it has alot to do with traditional Japanese stuff that MOST North Americans or most of the world simply cannot understand.....

the idea is good....the idea of bleach......
    "You can tame a dog with food, you can tame a person with money, but nothing can tame a miburo"
    "A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner wiwaneko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If they actually make a movie of Bleach...I think I might kill myself. I'd be embarrassed to even admit that I read the manga.

I don't know, I think it'll just give Bleach a bad name. I don't even see how making a live action of it would be necessary.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[troll] Hayden Christenson for Ichigo! [/troll]

that would suck big time, but seeing as ichigo does act kind of emo sometimes, it does seem to be the person who would get picked for him

also, Nick Simmons for Kiego!
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

nah it all bout ben affleck or josh harnett for ichigo :P. lol i will laugh at this it the most stupid thing ever it like if they tried making a FF:AC a live action it would fail but if they did bleach like the animation in FF:AC it would be cool (if people insult FF:AC then you need to watch the Complete version is miles better and makes wayyyyy more sense). i gota admit a guilty thing i like the sound of the Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves he could pull of Spikes coolness

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    nah it all bout ben affleck or josh harnett for ichigo :P. lol i will laugh at this it the most stupid thing ever it like if they tried making a FF:AC a live action it would fail but if they did bleach like the animation in FF:AC it would be cool (if people insult FF:AC then you need to watch the Complete version is miles better and makes wayyyyy more sense). i gota admit a guilty thing i like the sound of the Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves he could pull of Spikes coolness
    i learned all i need to know about ben affleck from family guy

what is FF:AC?
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Revolation View Post
    i learned all i need to know about ben affleck from family guy

what is FF:AC?
    FF:AC-final fantasy advent children they used actors for motion only but the cgi is like whoaaaaaaaaaaaa plus the end fight is kind of bleach style flying in air stabbing each other the usual. it would be the only way Bleach would work as a major Cgi film. plus you can do lik FF:AC japanese voices so the anime VAs have a job

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast