Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    With Oda .. I can imagine anything,
    but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach the body.

but still I'm thinking, hoe could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?
    Can he really defeat Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no mi ?!
    No he cant defeat him, now !
    But its obviously that Luffy is getting stronger.

If BB had only the Gura Gura no mi i think Luffy could win against BB - because hes made of rubber and rubber shouldn´t be affected (too much) by an earthquake. The problem is that BB also has the Yami Yami no mi, so he can nullify Luffy´s DF.......and without his DF I think a hit with the Gura Gura would be very deadly to Luffy.
    BUT Luffy has the Kings Haki....and the haki can somehow nullify DF powers,too. Or why can you hit Logia-User ?

And dont forget Luffy´s greatest power......he can win against stronger opponents - like croco and Rob lucci.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

but the easiest way to have a major power upgrade against blackbeard in the final fight [when all things and moves available for luffy, that includes the haki moves, are used already], is to have 2nd devil fruit, just like how blackbeard upgraded his power.im not saying its gonna be ace's power.but what if the devil fruit has some freaking good power?a power that complements luffy's rubber ability.so with that in mind, what kind of df that u guys think complements rubber?
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Any "good" explanation why Luffy could or even should eat second DF? BB didnt eat devilfruit for quake attacks he sucked the "demon" out of WB's corpse and locked it inside himself with great amount of gravity. And Luffy has Kings haki which even BB can't nullify. And it seems that if BB doesnt use the whirlpool thingy against Luffy quakes wouldn't hurt much as stated earlier. Besides BB is a bit like Croc in alabasta.. he underarrestimates his enemies alot.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    With Oda .. I can imagine anything,
    but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach Ace's corpse and he doesn't has this black cover like BB.

but still I'm thinking, how could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?
    Can he really defeat Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no mi ?!
    Luffy always fought against stronger opponents, best example is enel... And I don't think that he needs to learn anything more.... gura-gura atacks you can simply avoid if you are quick enough and yami-yami fruit isn't anything special, you can neutralize user of yami-yami fruit if you are quick enough.... example

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/04/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

we dont really knw the full extent of the power known as "haki" im juss waitin till its fully explained, luffy dont even knw wtf 'haki' is lol once we knw we can conclude luffys power ups, i seriously doubt he'll get another devil fruit.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/12-13/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/14-15/

BB has been shown to hold the power of the gura gura fruit in both hands, I don't think there are limitations as to what power he can use with each hand.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the best 2nd devil fruit for luffy would be the air air fruit because it's a big power up for gear 3rd.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

What does everyone think about this:

First of all, Haki MAKES the punches/kicks harder, so his next power-up will just be to master haki. Regardless, here's an idea for another power-up:

4th gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... so Luffy has gear 2, that also shoots an electric shock

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro-kun View Post
    I dont see that happening

Luffy already has the greatest form of Haki why would he need another DF? Luffy perfectly fine with the fruit he currently has and i still can see him further developing his DF powers even more so (like his Gears )
    I would also like Luffy to develop his rubber Df but not with gears, they are like doping i.e. the gears are bad for his health they shorten his life span, because they put a lot of pressure on his heart. This is according to Luci of CP9. Luffy needs to have real permanent level ups, not techniques that give him a temporary boost like his gear 2 and 3, which are also bad for health. Temporary boosts are not real strength and they are not enough against truly strong people especially like BB, the admirals and Yonku as we have seen so far in the manga. Luffy just barely won against Luci of the CP9 and he needed help against Moria of the Shichibukai.

He needs to develop his overall stats, like strength, speed, endurance etc..
    Rubber gives him a great advantage in physical combat, but that is only for people who are his strength or lower not against an opponent who is stronger or an opponent that has haki or other similar abilities. Rubber Df is not one of the stronger DF and also looks plain in comparison to some of the Logia powers; because of that luffy is forced to use his Rubber abilities in creative ways, but he is coming to a limit as to what techniques he can use his DF. Luffy looks pathetic against some of the Admirals, or some of the other strong pirates out their. Luffy also has been using similar techniques, and these techniques get boring after 500+ chapters. For example some of his techniques are upgrades of his punches.

Quote Originally Posted by bopnoh10 View Post
    What does everyone think about this:

First of all, Haki MAKES the punches/kicks harder, so his next power-up will just be to master haki. Regardless, here's an idea for another power-up:

4th gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... so Luffy has gear 2, that also shoots an electric shock
    I like your idea a lot, I didn't think of that, if he does than his rubber abilities wouldn't be boring any more and then he can have techniques that rival some of the strongest powers out there.
    It would be good if had a super powerful technique called the GEARS OF WAR, LOL. similar name to the xbox 360 game. No seriously, may he can develop a technique that allows him to shoot out powerful static electric shock waves? similar to using like an energy wave as big as an island?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/12-13/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/14-15/

BB has been shown to hold the power of the gura gura fruit in both hands, I don't think there are limitations as to what power he can use with each hand.
    I have to agree with, I don't think Oda gave BB any weaknesses, that WB did not have with the Gura Gura fruit. I think BB has the full use of another DF with out any extra disadvantages.
    Last edited by kangclaw; March 29, 2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cippy's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the best 2nd fruit for luffy is bara bara. No more weakness to sharp weapons. He would be like majin boo from DBZ every time you cut him he splits in half he rejoins and punches can't hurt him and with gear 2 = pwnage .

Curently reading: One piece, naruto, d.gray-man, fma, fairytail, bleach, liar-game.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is no more less resistant to sharp weapons than anyone else though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Quote Originally Posted by neild View Post
    Okay, now that Ace is dead and Blackbeard gained Whitebeard's power. There is a chance, i think, for this 2 events to correlate to each other. Luffy needs a power-up, and he hasnt meet vegapunk yet. I think Luffy is another person in One Piece's world that can absorb 2 devil fruits power. What power suited better for Luffy than his brother's? So Luffy might get Ace's fire power, and his punch become firey and stuff. imagine gomu2 no bazooka fire, or gomu2 no jet pistole fire, or gear third with fire, it will cause mass destruction if combined together. what do u guys think?
    At the beginning I also thinks this, but now I no more think so.
    I think than Rufy can eat 2 DF, because also is his body explode, his body (with also his organs) will dilate (as when Rufy does a Balloon or after than He eat).
    Anyways he will never take the DF by Ace's bodies (also because now seems than He has no more chance than that).
    But if He will found that DF in the sea (but before I must knew than that is a DF and the Ace's fruit (perhaps Sanji or somebody who looked to a DF's Encyclopedia...) also because "someway" Ace will be there when Rufy became the PK (and so Ace will be always in "someway" will be PK himself).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst idea ever.

Why Luffy would need a second DF ? He has the strongest haki.

BB needed the Gura Gura to improve himself cause he's a lazy idiot. He could've train his yami yami but he prefered the easy way.

Luffy isn't like that. He'll train his haki , improve his DF mastery and kick Teach's ass.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hope this isn't troll-like

but rubber doesn't conduct electricity. it actually negates it. Like how Enel was unable to hurt Luffy with his lightning attacks

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

if the devil fruit ability complements luffy's rubber power, why not i say
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast