Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Okay, now that Ace is dead and Blackbeard gained Whitebeard's power. There is a chance, i think, for this 2 events to correlate to each other. Luffy needs a power-up, and he hasnt meet vegapunk yet. I think Luffy is another person in One Piece's world that can absorb 2 devil fruits power. What power suited better for Luffy than his brother's? So Luffy might get Ace's fire power, and his punch become firey and stuff. imagine gomu2 no bazooka fire, or gomu2 no jet pistole fire, or gear third with fire, it will cause mass destruction if combined together. what do u guys think?
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't think it's a magic blanket either. But still, it won't stop me from calling it a magic blanket.
    It is amazing how it appeared out of nowhere, though. I never imagined that strong pirates go around carrying magical blankets with them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

No offense but after the 10+ years ive experienced luffy as a rubber man, ive grown to love that character. With him adapting another devil fruit, im sorry, but one piece wouldnt be the same for me anymore.

I actually dont want to see luffy engulfing in flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see that happening

Luffy already has the greatest form of Haki why would he need another DF? Luffy perfectly fine with the fruit he currently has and i still can see him further developing his DF powers even more so (like his Gears )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy getting two fruits would be like Sanji punching...or Zoro with 30 swords...

I don't know about you, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying the surprises Oda manages to pull out with Luffy's fruit.

And we'd never ever ever again get "Because I'm a rubber man!" if he can just logia tank everything.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't make sense then. I mean, with Luffy personality.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is a chance in hell of this happening. It is more likely to see a naruto-one piece crossover and have a transgendered sakura become the pirate king while chopper becomes a ruthless dictator-kage. I don't know what exactly teach did but I heavily suspect that it has to do with his DF. My personal theory is that he literally sucked the power out of WB using his darkness.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shisu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think there is a chance in hell of this happening. It is more likely to see a naruto-one piece crossover and have a transgendered sakura become the pirate king while chopper becomes a ruthless dictator-kage. I don't know what exactly teach did but I heavily suspect that it has to do with his DF. My personal theory is that he literally sucked the power out of WB using his darkness.
    You said it.. in terms of Naruto, Teach has a Sharingan and copied Whitebeard's DF.

Thats the secret behind it.
    Spoiler show

I don't like the idea of 2 DF's. What comes next... a 3 DF's User?

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

NO WAY !

Luffy would die if he ate a second DF. Blackbeard is the sole exception because of his special body - a thing that will be explained later.

A good theory said it was because Blackbeard ate the Cerberus mythical zoan. Thanks to the three heads of Cerberus, he can have three DFs : each head can eate one DF. And the darkness power was useful to extract the DF from the body of the dead WB.
    It would explain why he decided to hide under his darkness : he did not want to reveal this ability yet.

12. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Logias make you lamer. I don't want to see Luffy become lamer.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

BB can have two devil fruits probably because he has an artificial arm, or he got it trasplanted from someone else. Whatever it is, it's not his original arm. Marco suggested it quite clearly: it has something to do with his body.

Luffy getting a 2nd devil fruit would be incredibly lame. The character of Luffy is the demonstation that godly powers are not needed to win, when you got determination and something to protect. While this is not true in real life, it's nice to have it in a story.

Luffy's victories are so exciting exactly because he must overcome insormountable odds. If he was a logia, most battles would be absolutely boring, because being untouchable is a ridiculous advantage. Instead he is a paramecia, and quite a weak one, but he still manages to use his abilities to the fullest. Being a logia is the lame, easy way to the top.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see more gears regardless, but if Oda can't find another way, I wouldn't be devastated with another DF power for luffy, as long as it complements and adds to his character. I did think about Luffy taking Ace's fire, but how about stone?

Finally, I have a GREAT idea for adding a gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... not to shabby for an idea right?

I think that the 2 DF consumption has to do with the will of D.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MokiSenpai's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkever View Post
    BB can have two devil fruits probably because he has an artificial arm, or he got it trasplanted from someone else. Whatever it is, it's not his original arm. Marco suggested it quite clearly: it has something to do with his body.

Luffy getting a 2nd devil fruit would be incredibly lame. The character of Luffy is the demonstation that godly powers are not needed to win, when you got determination and something to protect. While this is not true in real life, it's nice to have it in a story.

Luffy's victories are so exciting exactly because he must overcome insormountable odds. If he was a logia, most battles would be absolutely boring, because being untouchable is a ridiculous advantage. Instead he is a paramecia, and quite a weak one, but he still manages to use his abilities to the fullest. Being a logia is the lame, easy way to the top.
    So you were saying, that BB has an arm, which is not his own, and he feed the gura gura no mi to it, like the other weapons with devil fruit powers? An intresting idea, and i like it It's more plausible then a mythical zoan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

But he would only be able to use it with this arm, woudln't he?
    I really don't think that Luffy will get another devilfruit but I do think that Ace's fruit will be reused. Some for the moment unknown character will find it. That's my guess^^

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Foxdie's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

With Oda .. I can imagine anything,
    but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach Ace's corpse and he doesn't has this black cover like BB.

but still I'm thinking, how could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?
    Can he really defeat Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no mi ?!
    Last edited by Foxdie; March 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast