Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

I like the idea of Luffy gaining multiple Df abiilities, I like the main character gaining seriously powerful; but I don't know if it will happen.
    It is true that Luffy has the King Haki, and it is too much like the ultimate power, I don't think Luffy will master it any time soon precisely because it is the ultimate power.

So far his only fighting style is physical combat only, he uses his DF to enhance his combat. All or nearly all of his attacks are contact based, he doesn't do anything like a Rankyaku like the CP9 did. Not one of the CP9 techniques require require DF abilities, only physical abilities. One of the many things he has to do is level up a lot physically even more than he is now, it seems he has reached the limits of how he can use his rubber abilities. He developed Gear 2 and 3 before he met the CP9. According to the manga these techniques are harmful to him and according to Rob Luci they are like doping.

If he masters his haki, he may overcome all of his weakness. He will not need even his Df abilities.

He doesn't have really powerful DF abilities compared to other DF abilities like Kuma's, Kizaru's, Aokiji's, Akainu's, etc.. His rubber abilities doesn't give him any advantage of defence or offence against these yet.
    Oh by the way I like Kizaru's and Kuma's DF. With Kuma's you don't need any ship to travel you can teleport any where.
    Note: This alll just speculation only.
    Last edited by kangclaw; April 08, 2010 at 06:35 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well nice ideas for a second DF guys ! But I was thinking about something new...something hilarious and surprising for you I guess...: / Well all of you are talking about physical abilities and etc,so my idea for a second DF ability (or some permanent boost) is a mind boost or something like that. I mean some ability that boosts his mental potential (cuz' he is quite dumb and clumsy) and makes him A LOT CLEVER,cunning and precise in his attacks, ALSO to predict his opponents moves (like the priests from the flying island) . Btw I don't read the manga but I guess that the final battle is not going to be Luffy vs BB .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread was made before the timeskip when luffy at his best was cannon fodder for people to matter to mow through. Anyways, he is no longer in such desperate need for a powerup, he is reasonably strong now and should be able to move in the new world without having mid level members of strong crews step on him and the rest of the strawhats.

Anyways, the SBS mentioned something interesting which would be worth saying in this thread.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_V...638.2C_Page_46
    Check out the last question of 638

Oda specifically mentioned he wanted luffy to have a silly and dumb ability. He did not want him to have one of those overpowering fruits. I don't think it would make sense for luffy to get a "strong" ability as a future powerup, it would ruin what he wanted to do with the main character with the silly ability. Having luffy with two silly abilities would perhaps not be the best case scenario either.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy will eat the devil fruit ..the devil fruit that he will be eaten was shown at episode 602 ..the apple turns into a devil fruit because of the reaction that was made by the poison..the gas..the gas ==fire== so its probably thats the fruit!! ☻☻☻ but its a theoty only

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

Quote Originally Posted by St Michael View Post
    Worst idea ever.

Why Luffy would need a second DF ? He has the strongest haki.

BB needed the Gura Gura to improve himself cause he's a lazy idiot. He could've train his yami yami but he prefered the easy way.

Luffy isn't like that. He'll train his haki , improve his DF mastery and kick Teach's ass.

That haki only works on the weak willed and minds and i dont think bb is part on those so 2nd df it is

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think luffy needs another DF cause simply he already has 2, to put it in a simple way luffy is Gol D.roger and roger before he died took a reincarnation fruit that would work just like brook's fruit only in a better way then went to the execution, i think roger at his last days after disbanding his crew went for a DF hunt with possibly dragon to search for this fruit that would activate when he die and grant him a reincarnation one he had it he included shanks and silvers reighley in his plan, he left his hat to shanks since he was younger and had better chance to find him alive when he comes back this explains why shanks would sacrafice his arm for a kid he just met it's because he recognized his captain in luffy's actions that's why he gave him the hat, it also explains why reighley wanted to meet luffy he wanted to check for himself if it was really roger and it would explains why he went to fight an admiral in Shabondi Shotō for a guy he barely met then train him etc..
    i think luffy has 2 DF the gomu and the reincarnation that would activate only after his death

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ are you thinking of something like the effect in Pandora hearts? 2 personalities in 1 person? One secretly sleeping who could potentially wrestle with the Luffy we know and love now.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking more of luffy being a younger version of roger chances are when you he'll grow up he'll look exactly like roger, it's not about 2 personalities it's about being one and the same the DF granted him the chance to live again
    p.s: never heared about pandrora notion still it's a good idea i guess
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 31, 2014 at 06:59 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3