Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Obervations and questions after re-reading manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obervations and questions after re-reading manga

Mmm ... I have a crazy theory about Clare´s abilities, when Priscilla released the real form of the destroyer and considering that the destroyer´s youki is enormous, somehow this makes me think that Clare could have developed a youki control like Galatea but with greater youki. Why??? Because that youki mass released was running wild through the woods and when Clare took part of that mass, everything was focused to seal Priscilla. So I know that is vague my conclusion, but such a small youki of Clare compared to the Destroyer, how could she control it ???? (Considering that Raphaela lost her human awareness and was translated to Clare)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare can't, this was proven-stated earlier, as BOTH Rafaela and Clare could not control the Destroyer, the Destroyer's mind was going to overpower theirs, and take control of the half-merged bodies, which would consume their minds, killing them, had Rafaela not used her great power level to briefly break through the Destroyer's mind, reaching Clare's mind, telling her to break the "Mental-Link" with it and to physically get away as the Destroyer Awakens, while Rafaela also "Mind Transfers" her mind into poor Clare's head, saving herself as well as Clare.

However... Teresa has the power to control the Destoryer... ( <- My theory, hehe)
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Changing the subject but still keeping in line with the overall topic, it seems that the Eye is even more vital to the organization than first thought. By that I mean the Eye is essential to the purge incidents, or so I personally believe. Usually when a Claymore finds themselves approaching their limits they send a black card to the organization so they can be killed while they have their humanity. However, some Claymore like Hysteria apparently see no reason to allow themselves to be killed despite the fact that they are approaching their limits. Before we even learned how Hysteria was killed, there were other purge incidents. As far as I can tell the organization doesn't have an "artificial" way to monitor, and track Claymores who need to be purged. Such is the reason why Eyes like Galatea and Trackers like Dietrich, while not ineffective against awakened beings, may have actually been reared to assist in purge incidents.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; July 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Clare can't, this was proven-stated earlier, as BOTH Rafaela and Clare could not control the Destroyer, the Destroyer's mind was going to overpower theirs, and take control of the half-merged bodies, which would consume their minds, killing them, had Rafaela not used her great power level to briefly break through the Destroyer's mind, reaching Clare's mind, telling her to break the "Mental-Link" with it and to physically get away as the Destroyer Awakens, while Rafaela also "Mind Transfers" her mind into poor Clare's head, saving herself as well as Clare.

However... Teresa has the power to control the Destoryer... ( <- My theory, hehe)
    Yes, I know that, but how can we understand that after the youki mass swallowed Clare (and her last words) it was concentrated to seal Priscilla??? In any case I see a contradiction or probably we will know what happened (I am pretty sure that Norihiro will explain it)

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as I mentioned, Teresa works well... except for the text of Clare as you pointed out. Though we don't know exactly what Clare meant:

was Clare:

1. just saying goodbye to Deneve+Helen, as she was about to die (had the Destroyer-Teresa not drawn her in).

or

2. saying that she was going to be the one controlling the Destroyer?

-----------------------------------------

My Teresa-Destroyer theory in more detail:

(Teresa transfers herself into the Destroyer, and will be the one who controls the Destroyer)

1. the Destroyer's TGoL (Twin Goddess of Love) form. While others know the TGoL, only Teresa cares so much about it.

2. Priscilla's own words to the Destroyer, ~"So that is the final form you wanted in the end". Obviously, Priscilla is talking about Teresa, as that's the being that Priscilla is obsessed about and it matches up to Teresa as well. Priscilla doesn't even know who Rafaela is, nor gives a damn about Rafaela, nor gives a damn about Clare too.

3. Clare is NOT powerful enough to control the Destroyer. So, how can she be the one controlling the Destroyer?

4. Clare was also probably dying (only having her upper body remaining and unable to Regenerate herself, nor could she Partially/Fully Awaken to Regenerate herself this way as well), she was in no shape to control the Destroyer, even if she could.

5. Priscilla was merely ensnared/sealed up, instead of (possibly) being killed/executed. Obviously, Clare has ZERO interest in not killing Priscilla, lol. Clare's entire existence in living on, is to KILL Priscilla, lol.

6. (theory) upon contact with Clare, Teresa is "snapped out of it" and takes over the Destroyer that she transfered herself over into its body back in the forest castle when it was still there lol, to prevent it from killing Clare, to protect Clare's fellow Claymores from Priscilla, and to seal up Priscilla from killing/eating more lives without killing Priscilla.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you HegemonKhan.
    Another thing that I noticed is that Roxanne is going to be difficult to beat, based on what said one of the agents of the Org. also she looks playful but in a bad way.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder whether Alicia ate guts? And lots of them. We know that Claymores don't eat much but we also know that ABs eat A LOT. The stronger they are the more they eat and Alicia was pretty strong. Isley was wiping out whole villages (with some help of AEs but mainly he was eating them after exhausting fights since they were focused on his smel, although he stated that they were minimal meals only, lol) and Priscilla had appetite many times stronger. So I wonder if after her fight with Riful, if she survived, would she need guts to restore her strength? And would she eat them or would Beth prevent it? Previously she wouldn't even make a sweat (even when fighting 11 ABs that Isley sent) since she would need to fight AOs for that but here... MiB would have no scruples with providing her guts or even living food.

While I'm at it, would food they eat make them stronger or weaker depending on what it would be? Are there some steroids that would enhance them? We know Duff ate them since he developed boobs, so Priscilla on steroids would get rid of them and started growing hair all over her body .
    Last edited by Goral; July 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered why Yagi chose entrails as the Yoma's food choice. Entrails form the latter section of the digestive system (large/small intestines). While the stomach breaks down the food that we eat, the body absorbs it through the intestines and then processes the unusable matter as expelled waste. I've watched so many National Geographic and Mutual of Omaha wildlife documentaries. They all remarked that animals will eat the organs first before eating the muscles as they are more nutritious.

It might an issue of nutrition but I think Yagi used it as a shock factor. If the Yoma removed a human's heart then the person dies instantly. However, Yomas disembowel their victims and immediately consume the guts. A person can survive for a short period with a ripped abdomen. Apart from being burned alive, being eaten alive comes in as a close second painful way of dying.

Honestly, I doubt that the Yoma or ABs require the entrails to sustain themselves. They are similar to Claymores who don't eat much to maintain the natural function of their bodies. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more an addiction issue similar to a narcotic.

I've kicked the cigarettes to the curb a long time ago but no body will ever touch my morning coffee.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the only problem is that the manga does state that Awakeneds do eat gluttonously (especially Priscilla and the AFs when "wild"), and there's also Helen as a HA who eats more (magical apples that can be found anywhere despite never seeing an apple tree or a grove of apple trees, lol) than she normally would as a Claymore. However, Clare continues to hardly eat at all, despite being a HA, Galatea: "Damn Clare!, you're so light, you need to eat more!"

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Mmm ... I have a crazy theory about Clare´s abilities, when Priscilla released the real form of the destroyer and considering that the destroyer´s youki is enormous, somehow this makes me think that Clare could have developed a youki control like Galatea but with greater youki. Why??? Because that youki mass released was running wild through the woods and when Clare took part of that mass, everything was focused to seal Priscilla. So I know that is vague my conclusion, but such a small youki of Clare compared to the Destroyer, how could she control it ???? (Considering that Raphaela lost her human awareness and was translated to Clare)
    I saw it more as Clare taking control of the mass because she had Rafaela's mind.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that Rafaela could not control the Destroyer either... why would she now suddenly be able to inside of Clare's head (and Rafaela is in Clare's head, to FLEE the Destroyer as she couldn't control it, she was going to be over-ridden and consumed by the Destroyer, as it was too powerful for both her and Clare).

Thus, the only one capable (powerful enough) of controlling the Destroyer.... is....

Teresa

and we've got other content supporting it as well, that I'd rather not try to list all over again...

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding about your Teresa theory, I was thinking that should exist something like a soul link between Teresa and Clare, for that Teresa could control the Destroyer. So another theory and based in youki synchronization, could it be possible that claymores who excels in youki reading and control can make something similar like Alicia and Beth ???? Because, despite the manga tells that only twin sisters can do it in a successful way, the fact that a claymore can help another to regenerate part of her body, and even try to pull back from an awakened form, we can tell that two claymores who are not sisters and are trained since their childhood in this same training can make it possible, but even the Org. unknow this possibility I think, actually the Org. unknow many things since the claymores keep certain things in secret.
    Last edited by TheCatintheHat; July 25, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I too agree with this, the Claymores were obviously doing some form or version of the Soul Link, or of "Yoki Synchronization", as you aptly pointed out with those examples.

Also, don't forget that the AFs must also have some form or version of the Soul Link, or of "Yoki Synchronization", as how else would they be able to "Naruto Shadow Clone" share their combat experience with each other? Also, how does the Organization control the AFs from ravenously eating anything and everything around them?? How did the Organization get the AFs to return to Org HQs when 6 or more of them get killed to get their numbers replenished back to 11 ???

(Also, what's even further interesting, is how Rubel creates the Destroyer, which "just so happens" to have the ability to elimimate this form or version of Soul Link, or "Yoki Synchronization", by nullifying or neutralizing it with its, its Hellcats', and the Infected Hosts' projectiles' "Infection Ability", which is exactly what we see happen by Dietrich using this very knowledge to save Yuma from the Hellcats, knowing that the Hellcats will attack the AFs, which will remove the Organization's Soul Link, or Yoki Synch, over them causing them to ravenously eat the Hellcats, and as seen in Alicia+Beth, after Beth is impaled by the Huge Projectile, no longer being mindless emotionless robots of the Organization, gaining back their free will and emotions, Alicia choosing to disobey orders, leaving Riful alive to go save her beloved sister Beth from Priscilla, well... try to anyways... Both of them actually end up getting killed by Priscilla.. just like Riful+Dauf as well. The pair of "Romeo and Juliets" in their love dying together, hehe )
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; July 25, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not my observation but it's an interesting one and I don't remember anyone mentioning it here (I might have missed it though). Source.

Quote Originally Posted by Voracious Reader View Post
    Duff says healing the smashed interior is more difficult than reattaching it when it's cut off cleanly, but he doesn't use the word bone or anything like that. The injury didn't look all that much like smashed bones, either (no bend at unnatural angle, didn't need to be set or even just supported, even when Galatea carried her around).
    In the anime you see something that looks like Deneb's humerus, but in the manga you can't actually see anything that's clearly a bone and not just muscle and tendons.
    Evidence against bones:
    -You never see any bones when limbs are cut off.
    -A large hole straight through the center of the torso doesn't stop them from walking around, so at least they don't have a spine in the conventional sense.
    -Helen's stretching limbs.
    -Jean's drill attack even before any partial awakening.
    -Ophelia being fine after a twisted neck (the Ab seemed surprised, but she probably never tried it before awakening)
    -That Miata can use her arms normally with the kinds of holes she has in them, that her hands rip off in the way they do, and that no bones are visible at any point.
    -The fact that youma can transform so fast, have stretching fingers, etc, suggesting that they don't have any humanlike bones.

If they have bones after all they are at least at times capable of desolidifying them in an instant, and either don't have them in the normal place or don't really need them to function.
    Of course if they really don't have any bones they have tissue rigid enough to hold them in form most of the time.
    In short he notices that Claymores don't have bones.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, we need to go back and look at the bare backs of Claymores, to see if they have their spine bumping out from their back...

Also, the NYs and Awakeneds definately have a spine

If there's conflicting content, we got a problem, otherwise, it does look like Claymores don't have bones (if they don't, we need to look at the bared backs of Claymores, higher up, lol, their actual backs and not their bottoms, lol)... but then why do their Awakened forms have bones?

Human (Bones) -> Claymore (No Bones) -> Awakened (Bones) = this wouldn't make any sense, though it does seem to be the case:

Human (Human Body Appearance) -> Claymore (Claymore Body Appearance) -> Awakened (Human Body appearance) = so maybe Claymores are even more freaks as not only do they deviate with their Claymore body features, but they lose their bones as well, whereas that's not the case with Humans and Awakeneds... hmm...

NYs (Bones)

-----------------------

actually, the Claymores do have bones:

they have joints (and a skull too) and that means bones, and without bones, they certainly couldn't stand up and walk on two feet (which are mostly bones), lol.

So, maybe they can temporarily alter their bones when doing that body ability...

-------------------------------------------

in short:

Claymores do have bones, it's quite apparant in many ways (their joints, their feet, their hands, their fingers, their heads, and etc) and it's also biologically and pysiologically impossible anyways for them to not have bones.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 09, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast