Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Obervations and questions after re-reading manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obervations and questions after re-reading manga

Oh, sorry. I meant Rigaldo. Initially I wanted to mention it in the Miria is a retard thread but ultimately I've decided to post it here to not go too off-topic there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got my own Q's

1.) Why can Riful "teleport" at the end of Witch's Maw, and then she can never teleport again or ever considers it even when she's almost dead?

2.) I've never seen a farm in this manga. Plenty of faraway scenic pictures of villages, no farms, ever. I can't recall ever seeing livestock either. So what did the people eat?

3.) Similar to the "crime scene" question ... why is the Org so efficient at their intelligence operations and seem to know everything that's going on in the land ... yet somehow never lists Priscilla as at least "Suspected AO" ... it's like the Org completely forgot she existed, even though they considered Priscilla as basically a Number One once Teresa was successfully executed. Really?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    1.) Why can Riful "teleport" at the end of Witch's Maw, and then she can never teleport again or ever considers it even when she's almost dead?
    There she was at full power, here she was literally bitten to death, being unable to regenerate a leg.

Quote Quote:
    2.) I've never seen a farm in this manga. Plenty of faraway scenic pictures of villages, no farms, ever. I can't recall ever seeing livestock either. So what did the people eat?
    There probably is but they didn't show us any, I mean Raki was served with both bread and meat in chapter 3. I doubt that could get that in a supermarket XD.

Quote Quote:
    3.) Similar to the "crime scene" question ... why is the Org so efficient at their intelligence operations and seem to know everything that's going on in the land ... yet somehow never lists Priscilla as at least "Suspected AO" ... it's like the Org completely forgot she existed, even though they considered Priscilla as basically a Number One once Teresa was successfully executed. Really?
    I think they knew but they didn't want to do anything ( because she would probably kill everyone with ease, look what she did to number 1 and 2 ), so they probably followed her as much as they could and lose track after she went to the North ( giving what mess Isley made there it was not surprising ). After that she didn't appear for years so they drooped the case in the meantime but continued to look out for her just in case that she appear somewhere.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1.) Okay, not when she was almost dead, but why not teleport once A/B appeared in front of her? She actually reasons out herself that Isley is dead, and was already attacked by AF's and then A/B show up, and then she realizes Isley must be dead. I think she should have been smart enough to teleport right at that second and not hang around the situation. Also... we never even see her consider it... like at least have a thought bubble "damn wish I could teleport right now"

2.) Yes I understand that we see food. We never ever see any means of producing food. In fact, similar to the observations about blacksmiths, we really never see industry of any kind. Every town and village is purely a bunch of people standing around. I've seen food stands a couple times. And Inns. Humans sure love their Inns in this world

3.) Considering how careful the Org is about everything, it's still pretty flimsy they'd forget about her once they carefully planning how, and in what order, they should eliminate the AOs. Also was it not possible for a Retrieval Unit to gather those gigantic Priscilla/Isley bodyparts from their battle? Maybe these two cleaned up their own body parts and made sure to exterminate all human witnesses within a wide area after they fought.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Judging by how she battle against Alicia and Beth she didn't want to run because she was to busy with fight ( in a fight she thought that she would win ). After that she was hit by destroyer rods and there she suffered extreme damage.

2) Now I am sure as interesting as Claymore world is I am not to interested in learning everything, Yagi leaves those things to imagination of his readers. We don't see any kind of industry because industry does not exist there ( medieval age and all that ), this world is typical medieval world with villages, several large cities and one metropolis ( Rabona ). Until chapter 130 we didn't even knew that they have arrows in Claymore, I am sure there is ton of things they have but Yagi won't go into details.

3) I am pretty sure Organization didn't know about Isley/Priscilla battle in the North, they probably wrapped that up as "another village lost". And as we have seen in mange Organization is not 100% efficient, being destroyed because of that is evidence enough.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    1.) Okay, not when she was almost dead, but why not teleport once A/B appeared in front of her? She actually reasons out herself that Isley is dead, and was already attacked by AF's and then A/B show up, and then she realizes Isley must be dead. I think she should have been smart enough to teleport right at that second and not hang around the situation. Also... we never even see her consider it... like at least have a thought bubble "damn wish I could teleport right now"

2.) Yes I understand that we see food. We never ever see any means of producing food. In fact, similar to the observations about blacksmiths, we really never see industry of any kind. Every town and village is purely a bunch of people standing around. I've seen food stands a couple times. And Inns. Humans sure love their Inns in this world

3.) Considering how careful the Org is about everything, it's still pretty flimsy they'd forget about her once they carefully planning how, and in what order, they should eliminate the AOs. Also was it not possible for a Retrieval Unit to gather those gigantic Priscilla/Isley bodyparts from their battle? Maybe these two cleaned up their own body parts and made sure to exterminate all human witnesses within a wide area after they fought.
    1) Although it is a little odd that she didnt "Teleport" i think it was becasue she probably knew it would have been useless, when Alicia was in front of her for the first time she thought that when Alicia said Abyssal Hunt it was an "exaggerated" thing to say, but she was quick to change her mnd when she saw Alicia Awaken, and she probably realized that no matter how far she ran or where she went if the Abyss Feeders found her they would only Bring Alicia (another AO) with them and a fight would happen no matter what so she probably wanted to get rid of Alicia there and then. And when she was running away with Dauf and the Abyssal Feeders followed her and attacked, she said something like: "damn you guys just keep coming dont you?" and she also saw them go wild other her dress when they took Dauf's hand off at their first encounter. So basically she knew she was screwed, because unlike Isley who only had the Abyssal Feeders coming for her Riful had Alicia and Beth! She was stuck no matter what she did

2) yeah it is kinda odd, but i think like BrotherCoa said Yagi lets us leave these things to our imaginations and i dont think a Warrior would ever wander into a farm or something haha.

3) Maybe the Org did know of someone powerful wandering the Island but they had no idea who it was and they probably couldt accurately judge her power, also Priscilla is pretty good at hiding her Yoki, didnt Renee not feel how powerful she was until she made physical contact with her, and Renee was the one who was able to enter the Destroyer's conscious and stir its Yoki a little And Maybe Rubel sent Rafaela up north to investigate ?? Also i think the Org was probably to scared to send warriors into the north when they knew Isley aswell as most of the Male Awakened Army were there O.o

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@fluorideconspiracy

I can think of several reasons:
    a) Her opponent was another AO who BTW saw her do that once so there would be a small chance that Alicia wouldn't be fast enough to counter that, otherwise they wouldn't send her after Riful or she might have thought that since they've found her here they could find her anywhere else so she might as well fight her. And while to us it seemed she teleported for AO (or Galatea) it wasn't anything that great.
    b) She was in human form when they arrived and before she had a chance to awaken she was being hard pressed already, plus the spring requires probably too much time to use when you can be chopped to little pieces in a matter of seconds. So it's not like she didn't try, she just didn't have a chance to do so.
    c) It exhausted too much power and Riful thought that fighting her way through was the safer bet (especially seeing the weak point of the squad sent to kill her, i.e. Beth). Especially since she could read how strong Alicia was very well and by the looks of it she was confident that even after being weakened a bit by AEs she could defeat her. Alas Destroyer decided to interfere.
    It's rarely brought up but you're right: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...90#post1109990
    About food I've also made a post but can't find it right now. The explanation I have is the same as Brother Coa's + Yagi's laziness. He can copy paste people and houses but drawing farms and industry would require the extra effort :P.

You might find the answer in this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2382104

BTW, I recommend to read the posts here, I would really like to hear your opinion on some of the things mentioned.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral;3206034[B
    #3[/B]
    You might find the answer in this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2382104
    ahhh... ahHAH.

I went there, and when I read this:

"Although I think it's an interesting observation I don't think I'm right. I can't see a reason why Rubel would not want MiB to know that something greater than Abyssals was born. What could MiB do about it if they knew? Which makes me think that Dae suspected that there was a spy in the organization for a long time and now was a good chance to use Priscilla's arm to his advantage and make Rimuto investigate the matter even though the alteration of Priscilla's case was a lie and indeed the only reason they haven't heard about her was because she was under the radar this whole time and not much has changed in the deadlock between abyssals (which suggested that Priscilla wasn't that strong). Talk about being devious. That's why Rubel commented that "a tiresome fellow has returned". n other words Dae was bullshitting everyone to make them aware of a spy which he detected through other means (but didn't have any proof and didn't know who it was, which his little performance could help him with that, anyone who would start sniffing around just after his speech would be a main suspect, especially if it was someone who almost never visited him)."

^that is pretty much the answer I need to question #3. Thinking about Dae's "whose arm is it?!!" statement in this context makes a lot more sense to me than what I've assumed about the Organization- that they were profoundly incompetent throughout this whole affair with Priscilla.

Now, none of this can be proven (and I don't expect Yagi to do a very late reveal), it's only speculation. But this satifisies me a lot more than just believing the Org is that bad at intelligence operations.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got a Question. I dont know if its been explained or not, but if it has i cant remember XD. How does a Claymore activate her Yoki ??

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    Ive got a Question. I dont know if its been explained or not, but if it has i cant remember XD. How does a Claymore activate her Yoki ??
    It was not being explained how they use it, in a sense their yoki is one with their body when it is inactive. As far as we have seen in manga it seems that Claymores activate it with their mind ( like sending impulse from their brain to yoki to activate ), and it seems that they control it with their mind to an extent ( to the extend where they give it to much power and it short-circut aka awakening ). Actually you an see that in Clare's battle with Rigaldo, the scene where she said in herself "more power" and after some time her yoki listen her and allows her limb to awaken. Same can be seen when they are facing the yoki-controlling awakened, when Clare said in herself "please Ilena" and concentrated with all her power and in the next moment all yoki in her right arm reacted and allowed her to preform QS.

That is one of the main reason why most people are mistaken, they think that yoki is magic when it is in fact a psychic power ( ability yo use very powerful foreign stuff in your body by controlling it with your mind ).

-Emperor of Mankind.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That makes sense thanks

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for clarification on manga page

So I was re-reading the Claymore Rebellion, and I came upon one page that I was confused about.
    Here's the link;
    Claymore Chapter 113 Page 4

In this slide, Dae and Rubel are talking about another "recent" and gruesome death, of someone getting torn apart.
    Which death is this referring to?
    Is it actually a mentioned death or is it just there for conversational purposes?

Thanks, just needed some clarification.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for clarification on manga page

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7321/cl...ch113_by_mib/4

He's referring to Miria. And when in doubt check Gernot's translation.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone check for me the translation for Irene's line (Scene 38 Page 29, or Page 27 if you count the two double-pages as one page; Vol.7 Page 151 for the Japanese tankoubon I think, I don't have that volume yet,) second to last panel, the bit when she responses to Rafaela's comment about her losing both of her arms. Any language will do dandy, just that I'm getting slightly different things from different online scans (which are unofficial) while unable to find the Japanese raw.

On a slightly related note, damn Irene's really good at youki sensing if it hasn't been mentioned already. Noticing Teresa's flesh in Clare and hence finding her, as well as seeing through the facade Rafaela puts up when she's supposed to have sealed off her youki... The only thing she hasn't displayed is a large amount of youki, which is the last piece required to a No.1 licence...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, could you look at these 15 pages and see whether there are some discrepancies or big mistakes in Viz release? I'm most interested in the first 2 pages where offensive/defensive warriors are being discussed.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xqk6...n0lljtx302khz/ (15 raw pages and corresponding 15 Viz pages)

I've asked Gernot about this over 2 years ago but in the end he didn't find the time to do it.
    Last edited by Goral; February 15, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast