Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

Well, Shingeki is way more popular than Magi but the Magi anime is currently doing an anime only ending and I was under the impression it was quite popular. Personally I don't anime only endings if they are good.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Well, Shingeki is way more popular than Magi but the Magi anime is currently doing an anime only ending and I was under the impression it was quite popular. Personally I don't anime only endings if they are good.
    My impression is pretty different compared to Kait's, I believe original anime endings are far from being extremely rare. Magi is a perfect example, Kotoura-san from this season had an original ending too. Last season we had Code:Breaker with an original ending, a season before we had Zetman... not to talk about other famous examples like Ao No Exorcist. From what I can tell, there wasn't any season in the last few years which didn't have at least one series with an original ending, probably more if I consider that I didn't even watch half of the seasons series. I guess popularity helps in maintaining the manga story, as the animation studio is aware they can milk more money out of it if they continue. Though a lot depends on what the studio has in mind and how much faith/interest it has in a certain series.

I'm with you Drmke, a good original ending isn't bad but what I dislike is that it destroys the possibility to continue beyond that point. If anything, one can only hope for a remake when you realize the story is going to have an anime original ending.

That being said, Production I.G.'s last adaption of a manga was Kuroko no Basket which had both high-class animation and was pretty faithful to the story. The director of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime was responsible for Death Note and Highschool of the Dead too, series which both took a few liberties here and there but in the end were faithful to the manga and it's ending. Not to forget that Shingeki already is pretty popular which definitely doesn't hurt. All the factors together make me believe that it probably won't have an original ending, though ofc you never know.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you all mean when you say "anime only ending"? Are you referring to something like the ending of the original Full Metal Alchemist anime (or Soul Eater)? Both anime had actual conclusions that deviated from the plot of the manga. Magi is not ending. At the end of episode 25 they announced that the second season will begin this October. I don't know how much they changed from the manga, but it can not have been that radical if they plan on continuing the anime. Code:Breaker has also continued, as an OVA series. If Shingeki is not popular enough, they won't animate everything until the end of the manga. That is common enough. Bleach, D. Gray Man, Reborn all were canceled before they could be completed. But an anime only ending, like the original Full Metal Alchemist, seems very unlikely.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 31, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What exactly do you all mean when you say "anime only ending"? Are you referring to something like the ending of the original Full Metal Alchemist anime (or Soul Eater)? Both anime had actual conclusions that deviated from the plot of the manga. Magi is not ending. At the end of episode 25 they announced that the second season will begin this October. I don't know how much they changed from the manga, but it can not have been that radical if they plan on continuing the anime. Code:Breaker has also continued, as an OVA series. If Shingeki is not popular enough, they won't animate everything until the end of the manga. That is common enough. Bleach, D. Gray Man, Reborn all were canceled before they could be completed. But an anime only ending, like the original Full Metal Alchemist, seems very unlikely.
    Oh, yes it was. Let´s just say that one of the three main characters deviated from his original character in a minor fashion for the majority of the series and majorly at the end of the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the second season, and all subsequent seasons be filler then, unrelated to the manga in anything except name? I have heard of very few adaptions that are word for word, 100% faithful to the source. Not just anime, but film and television as well. Whatever changes were made, the story did not end, and the series will continue.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 31, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Although this is not the right thread for it I can say that the second season of Magi was stated in the trailer to be about the manga's following arc so no, it will not be a filler season yet as SnK has the series composition of the guy which did Shakugan no Shana and not the one most people feared from which coincidentially did Guilty Crown and Magi anime I do expect it to be true to the plot and also very well directed and not just amazingly animated.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That's what I mean, yeah. Magi actually changed drastically, to a point where every fan screams how they can't understand they're seriously making a second season. No one expected that but I guess it did happen so yeah, I guess it doesn't qualify as an anime original ending, as they can indeed contuine the story, despite the changing a lot of things. The drastic changes were the reason why everyone expected an original ending but we were wrong on that part. Code Breaker OVA's are just made-up sidestories, no continuation. Zetman and Ao no Exorcist suffered the same fate. I'm not even trying to argue about it being unlikely that SnK will get an anime original ending, I agree with you there. The whole point is that I don't believe original anime endings are as rare as you think they are.

That's pretty offtopic though, so we should end the discussion here. There are plenty other places were we could continue the talk though~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Heiji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

July issue cover :

10. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yay. Doubutsu no Kuni shares the cover with Shingeki no Kyojin. Too bad it doesn't share its success...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nemesis's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Eren in Kyojin. hahaha

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Shingeki's anime fueled surge in popularity has even effected Betsumag's sales. Circulation rose by 30% in May. Since the anime began in April, copies in print of Shingeki have almost doubled. An additional 8.7 million copies have been printed since April.

ANN
    source

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ONE PIECE helped boost Jump's circulation, and perhaps Shingeki could be considered Bessatsu's ONE PIECE since it's doing the same job.

Shingeki was gradually building up to be well-known, and ever since the anime began, I felt like its popularity suddenly spiked up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

So... when does Arakawa's new manga begin?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Serious Sam's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

any news on KOKUZAWA Yousuke (Choujin Gakuen)

please I want to know.
    Shueisha and Kodansha Forever!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Heiji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    So... when does Arakawa's new manga begin?
    09 july.

Quote Quote:
    any news on KOKUZAWA Yousuke (Choujin Gakuen)
    No.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast