Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Vol. 22 (chap. 179-187) Discussions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 179 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soulbane_zp View Post
    Nah, they need to know how to reverse the magic that made them into lacryma crystal, so no it's not Edolas FT. Erza and Grey weren't made into lacryma. It will probably be something like Mystogan showed up teleported us away and then here, and here we are now, which is lame. The cats were supposed to get the DS into Edolas with their wings, but Mystogan doesn't have any problems with getting people between Edolas and Earthland.
    Lol Mystogan made it to the guild before Wendy did then
    We don't know if Mystogan can reverse the Lachryma either so don't rule out Edoras FT just yet thought I do like the idea

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    mayber grey and erza were in the piece of lacryma that had been stored in the city and mystogan freed them
    If that's the case than the others should be fine too since I doubt you can say who is who in that big crystal. But I think that's not the case, they somehow avoided the Anima, I have no idea how but they obviously did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    My guess is either Mystogan freed them or the Queen got real po'd and released them. By releasing them from the lacrimia Edoras would be at a real disadvantge in the fight with the loss of all that magical energy which would help the Exceed. Not to mention all the chaos it will cause to have Fairy Tail running arround pissed.
    This makes sense, I can definitely see this happening. Maybe the Queen knew Faust was planning on going against her, so it would be logical move from her to cut their magical source and let them free the DS who are crucial part of Faust plans.
    Last edited by soulbane_zp; April 04, 2010 at 02:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This might only be a little thing but did anyone else notice (before me) the pot of staves on page 12 which has Wendy tied up to a rock? Oddly (or is it?) enough, they look like Mystogan's in a non-evil faced way.

Also, anyone else get the feel that those rocks with the Dragon image weren't just crafted recently but existed a long time ago?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hongoasdf's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

This makes sense, I can definitely see this happening. Maybe the Queen knew Faust was planning on going against her, so it would be logical move from her to cut their magical source and let them free the DS who are crucial part of Faust plans.
    If so, Shagotte > Faust in every way. Faust's uprising failed a couple of minutes after it started. I actually like this theory even more that Mystogan showing up and saving everyone's sorry asses, even if he shows up with Gazille.

Also, if that's the case, I already like Shagotte, even if she's a "villain" and we haven't actually seen her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

If she knew thats why she was sending exceeds to kill the dragon slayers because this way there wil not be a a source for Code ETD
    Last edited by jacke12; April 04, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it possible that Erza and Gray can use magic from their body now ?
    It seems that only the Dragon Slayers have their magic's control gone, while human like Lucy, Gray and Erza still have it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member monkey D luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome erza v erza next chapter! woohoo

if gray and erza came from the back why didnt they release natsu and wendy? they came from the same place from what i understand
    Last edited by monkey D luffy; April 04, 2010 at 02:40 PM.
    my new dragons:

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Fairy Tail 179 Spoiler Thread

I do not know if this has been mentioned, but I am not 99% positive that mystgun is from Edoras, he is the double of gerard (99% sure).
    Why he came over is unclear, probably good intentions.

PROOF:
    Page 12 (the one with wendy chained) has staffs in a vase that look identical to the staffs carried by mystgun. He uses staffs because he cannot store magical power internally. Further proof of his Edoras origin.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Grey and Erza being here must have something to do with mistgun. I doubt edoras FT would do such a thing. I find it interesting that erza and grey can use magic though. I can think of two reasons for Erza and Gerard to have their abilities. One is that what actually is keeping natsu's and wendy's magic sealed has to do with the cats. The other is that they can use their magic due to the way they passed anima. Anima probably sealed wendy's and natsu's power as they passed. I wonder if the extraction process wendy and natsu are going through will give them back their magic once released though. They must get their magic back somehow, otherwise I don't see how lucy and co are gonna escape a fight against the entire military of edoras.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanka View Post
    Page 12 (the one with wendy chained) has staffs in a vase that look identical to the staffs carried by mystgun.
    Damn, you were a bit more quick, I was going to post the same =)

At least, Mistgun was able to disappear without visible help from staffs, so maybe he awakened some powers in Earthland world

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hongoasdf's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, assuming it was the Queen (Or some other Exceed representative) who freed them, the Exceed may have bestowed some of their own magical power upon them and any other FT members who were freed from the Lachryma.

Or it could be that Wendy and Natsu are the only ones who can't use their magic due to being Dragonslayers, somehow...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the only reason that Natsu and Wendy couldn't use their magic was because it was absorbed by the Anima http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/176-73/17 I thought that was what the cat was saying here. Erza and Gray could use their magic because they were absorbed with it but with Natsu and Wendy it only stole their magic but for some reason left them physically in Earthland.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NNGirl's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Grey and Erza being here must have something to do with mistgun. I doubt edoras FT would do such a thing. I find it interesting that erza and grey can use magic though. I can think of two reasons for Erza and Gerard to have their abilities. One is that what actually is keeping natsu's and wendy's magic sealed has to do with the cats. The other is that they can use their magic due to the way they passed anima. Anima probably sealed wendy's and natsu's power as they passed. I wonder if the extraction process wendy and natsu are going through will give them back their magic once released though. They must get their magic back somehow, otherwise I don't see how lucy and co are gonna escape a fight against the entire military of edoras.
    I think that Mistgun freed he, becuase It was suposed that this arc were going to be realeted more to him, but untl now he only appears 2 times on minor roles, ad it ill be really awesome if he all the time was behind scenes freeing the Earth fT and planing how to scpae form there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    I thought the only reason that Natsu and Wendy couldn't use their magic was because it was absorbed by the Anima http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/176-73/17 I thought that was what the cat was saying here. Erza and Gray could use their magic because they were absorbed with it but with Natsu and Wendy it only stole their magic but for some reason left them physically in Earthland.
    i think that it's because they were carried to edoras by the cats, and a sideeffect of that is that they wont be able to use magic propely (the king want to capture them, so it's probably that they don't want them use magic to defed themselves
    Last edited by NNGirl; April 04, 2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else just as bored with this plot as I am? I mean seriously, no one gives a crap about either side, Exceed or Humans. But, for some reason we keep getting this religious, moral struggle shoved down our throats and we are expected to allow the Earthland Fairy Tail members to actually care about the Humans and Exceed of Edoras. I hope that come the conclusion of this arc there isn't some friendship bigger picture type crap. If only the Earthland people could get in Edoras, free their people, get out and not give a crap about the inhabitants of Edoras that would be great. But instead I feel Mashima is building up some "we are here to teach you a lesson" mumbo jumbo.

Outside of the plot though, the arc has finally gotten interesting. Only because it looks like there is finally some progress.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not bored. In fact, I am loving every minute of it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast