Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

A techie question here: I've got a copy of White, and I have a couple of well-trained Pokémon on the cartridge. However, now it's glitched and I can't start it up (Aaaagh!). Is there anyway I can get those Pokémon onto a new cartridge? Lol I fear the answer is no.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    A techie question here: I've got a copy of White, and I have a couple of well-trained Pokémon on the cartridge. However, now it's glitched and I can't start it up (Aaaagh!). Is there anyway I can get those Pokémon onto a new cartridge? Lol I fear the answer is no.
    Unfortunately no, as I experience myself with my old Pearl game. Unless something has chnaged between generations, you're gonna have to get a new game and start over, or use Pokesav if you can remember what your team was.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member suicune123's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I also have a question. I have a copy of Diamond which I transferred legit Pokemon off from Emerald. I then transferred these legit Pokemon to SoulSilver. However, I also had some hacked Pokemon in Diamond which I didn't transfer and I eventually released all of them. My question is, because I had hacked Pokemon, would they have effected the legit Pokemon in some way even though I have transferred them SoulSilver and I had released all those hacked Pokemon?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the hacked pokemon wouldn't have had any effect on your legit pokemon.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new trailer from Nintendo Direct Live Blog:

Quote Originally Posted by andriasang
    12:04: Next, a look at the new Pokemon games. First, a trailer for Pokemon Black & White 2.

12:06: Following the trailer, Iwata summarizes the basics of Pokemon Black & White 2. The June 23 release date was already announced.

He notes that the game can be played on 3DS too via backwards compatibility. But there will also be two 3DS specific download games.

12:07: First, Pokemon AR Searcher, out on June 23. This is an AR shooter. Pokemon that you catch via the app can be carried into Black & White 2.

This app will be available for ¥300.

12:08: Due out on July 14 is Pokemon Zenkoku Zukan Pro for 3DS, an updated version of the previous Rittai Zukan VW Pokemon viewing/management app, which will stop being sold before the new version comes out.

Pricing for this is ¥1,500.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious question.

Why do you guys play pokemon games?

I mean, the concept has stayed the same throughout all generations. Catch pokemon, train them, beat gym leaders, you know the stuff. Sure, the graphics are constantly improving, and more and more new features are added, but is that really a reason to continue playing games you played 5/10 years ago?

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It's just as fun as it was 15 years ago. News areas to explore, new pokemon to catch, new adventures to experience. Not only are the graphics better and new features,, but there are also some improvements to to the mechanics too. I agree that the basic structure is pretty much the same after all these years, but why really change a formula that works very drastically. Sure, I'm not as enthustiastic poketrainer as I were a kid and the pokemon designs just get sillier by each generation (though there still are some gems there). I just now and then get on pokemon mood and just enjoy playing.

And I'm not denying that nostalgia wouldn't be a factor either.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Black and White got a lot of people into Pokemon again (including me). I think that was one of Gamefreak's goals, to attract past gamers again. Black and White just feel fresh when compared to the last few games. Yes it follows the same structure as the past games (honestly it's not like they can't change the formula...), but at the same time it subverts a lot of things. I got kind of tired of Pokemon after the third generation (don't know why a lot of people love it, the second generation was the series' apex I think), but after playing White I went back and played Sapphire just so I could play it right this time and get all the pokemon I need to transfer to White. However, I need one of the fourth generation games and although I can find Diamond and Pearl pretty cheap, I'd rather get Platinum.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Serious question.

Why do you guys play pokemon games?

I mean, the concept has stayed the same throughout all generations. Catch pokemon, train them, beat gym leaders, you know the stuff. Sure, the graphics are constantly improving, and more and more new features are added, but is that really a reason to continue playing games you played 5/10 years ago?
    The formula remains just as fun as it was all those years ago while the storyline has advance in a great direction. And the fact that anyone of any gaming level can play it without trouble allows a complex player like me to easy meet a novice like my little sister halfway. She doesn't have to understand the deeper mechanics of training with EVs or breeding IVs to make a team and challenge me. Plus the nostalgia factor is big and it's become interesting to see exactly how many Pokemon they can come up with.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically what everyone has already said.
    For me its probably because the concept is the same that I play it. As much as I welcome an improved version of pokemon, or one
    with a darker story, I know it won't be pokemon if the concept changes drastically.
    Gamefreak has been making changes to the game, so despite it being the same, each and every game is different in their own way.
    And also, building my team of cute little pokemon and training them, seeing them grow to become badass..it's indescribable.
    Then, there's also the rival system and the elite four that never gets old

Quote Quote:
    And I'm not denying that nostalgia wouldn't be a factor either.
    Quote Quote:
    Plus the nostalgia factor is big and it's become interesting to see exactly how many Pokemon they can come up with.
    This.
    Although there's always freaky looking ones (like that ice-cream pokemon) but for every freaky looking pokemon, there's 10 more good looking ones.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the vast majority of the new pokemon in Black and White look better than the ones introduced in the fourth generation. There are a few weird ones, but a lot of them look pretty natural. But I think the legendaries look pretty bad, excluding Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is shown the Intro, gameplay demo for the first part and a demonstration in battle of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. With comments of a lot of screaming japanese people.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The cover of Corocoro has been leaked and it reveals that the Kami trio apparently each get a new forme.

Spoiler show

Also, rumors:
    Quote Quote:
    Poster on 2ch claims: (RUMOR)
    • Brock and Giovanni appear in CoroCoro
    • Cheren is a gym leader
    • Kami trio formes are available through the AR Searcher 3DS app
    • Movie area is called Pokéwood (A play on ‘Hollywood’)

This part is also not confirmed, and is from a different source:
    • Blue, Lance, Misty, Steven, Volkner will appear in the game.
    • Brock and Giovanni are supposed to appear in some sort of battle facility “Like Cynthia.” The poster has now elaborated that there is a World Tournament facility that allows you to fight gym leaders from all over the world (seriously though, take this with a pinch of salt until further scans come up, we could just have a troll on our hands).
    ---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Well the rumors were true and BW2 is confirmed as the greatest pokemon game ever.

Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Here’s a quicklist of info from the scans:
    • Cheren replaces Lenora as the Unova Region’s Normal-Type Gym Leader
    • Bianca gives you your starter as a favor for Juniper
    • Nobody knows where N is
    • The new Professor is Professor Burnett who is also in the AR Searcher game
    • The new kami trio forms are referred to as their Sacred Beast Formes, whereas their original BW designs will be referred to as their Incarnation Formes
    • Tornadus’ Scared Beast Form has increased Defense, Special Defense and Speed
    • Thundurus’ Sacred Beast Form has increased Special Attack
    • Landorus’ Sacred Beast Form has increased Attack
    • Brycen has a confrontation with Homika father
    • The Robot Tyranitar is part of Pokewood (Play on Hollywood)
    • Pokewood lets you select certain scenarios and make movies out of them
    • The Pokemon World Tournament lets you battle several old Gym Leaders and Champions including Cynthia, Gary, Brock, Misty, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven and Lance
    Last edited by Rikudou King; May 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM.

16. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it say there anything about if other gym leaders are going to be replaced?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one it mentioned was Lenora being replaced by Cheren, who's now the first gym leader and gives out the Basic badge. There's no mention about whether any of the other Unova gym leaders are still around or got replaced, thought Brycen appears to still be a gym leader.

---------- Post added May 14, 2012 at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was May 12, 2012 at 08:34 PM ----------

Higher quality and clearer scans, along with better image of the transformed Kami trio.

Also some translated info:
    Quote Quote:
    -cheren and bianca have not seen each other in two years.

-world tournament page
    his blurb says volkner has challenged the unova elite four.
    cynthia came to unova originally just to bathe in the ocean.
    it says green has "climbed to become champion of kanto". not sure if that means much, or just that he beat it one time.
    it also states these battles have "crossed through time". again, not sure if that is something to have something made of it or not...
    ---------- Post added May 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was May 14, 2012 at 06:35 PM ----------

Another update:

An anime commercial for the games has been leaked, showing Elesa with a new revealing look and still a gym leader.

Spoiler: Translation show

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast