Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I'm not entirely against change. Several things needed to be changed like say the plot. But the 2D graphics have always belonged to the handhelds. 3D worked on the Gamecube. While the feeling was a little different from how we know Pokemon ( a little more mature and a little steampunkish iirc), it still worked. Don't know how they're going to implement it on the handheld. So far, I'm not impressed. As you said, October will show us.
    Do you own a 3DS? Have you played a decent game on the 3DS?

I'd say, Nintendo's mission is accomplished. Their 3D system is amazing and actually works, in a good way. I have no doubt they'll pull it off, it's just that, will these changes be implemented well? And that's only a matter of time before we know.

What are your thoughts on the five new Pokémon?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No...*looks away*
    I played Mario once and it was amazing. You have all the jumping going around, floating objects and different planes so it works well. Pokemon seems too rigid for this, though the fights should be great. Really though, I have not much experience with the 3DS.

The starters look alright. The grass type is appealing and could have nice evolutions. Fire fox thing seems rather lame. As for the frog, I kinda like it. The legendaries didn't impress me, though. The Y-thing looks like something I've seen before, only with shiny horns. And that X-thing...Haven't really decided yet. It's not love on first sight, but it might actually grow on me. Looks like something from Monster Hunter.

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's what I thought with the X-one too, it's a good design, but very typical and average.

I didn't actually like Chespin, it has a fun design, but it looks like a bad combination of some previous generation Pokémon with bad designs. Fennekin isn't lame at all, imo. But it's nothing special, it's really just a standard design, it'll catch on with the girls and there's Froakie, I really dislike his name, I'm most intrigued by it and probably it's evolutions.

I'm not even going to start on the Y one. Probably the worst yet.

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Last edited by Xadyu; January 08, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought with the X-one too, it's a good design, but very typical and average.

I didn't actually like Chespin, it has a fun design, but it looks like a bad combination of some previous generation Pokémon with bad designs. Fennekin isn't lame at all, imo. But it's nothing special, it's really just a standard design, it'll catch on with the girls and there's Froakie, I really dislike his name, I'm most intrigued by it and probably it's evolutions.

I'm not even going to start on the Y one. Probably the worst yet.
    True, Chespin doesn't have the best design, but it has potential. Froakie...I think the German version is something like Froxy, so don't complain.
    That's what I mean with 'lame'. It's just average. Not appealing as a starter.

Now that I think about it. What will Z look like? I mean, think about the shape....

Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Now that I think about it. What will Z look like? I mean, think about the shape....
    I don't even want to know.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Z shape is probably goint to be some snake thing, like the the Sky Dragon of Emerald, or the same gen water Pokemon, that developed from a shell by holding an item. Yeah, I can see a legendary snake thing something in this version.

I hope the legendary sub Pokemon, like the traditional trio will look better than the previous version (the fighting bull Pokemons, or whatever it was and also those screwed up Tornado dudes... come on). And I'm hoping there won't be too many of them. I mean, the from the last gen, like 1/4 of the whole set were legendary Pokemon... that just takes away the exclusiveness for me that is.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only starter that I truly like is Chespin, and even then it's only because he's slightly better than the other two. I'm usually one to defend new Pokémon designs, because usually the reason people dislike them is because they grew up with the older designs. However, I did think that the third generation was pretty bland and forgettable, and the fourth was pretty weird, whilst the fifth had some pretty sweet designs overall. But this new generation... I don't really like what I'm seeing.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL I find Chespin and Froakie pretty cute, but the last one seems a bit off to me.
    Anyway I take back what I said before; the game seems promising and actually I can't wait already to play them.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously? That grass type is unacceptable, the legendaries looks like they recoloured or just edited Kyurem and Virizon
    and where is my Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire? Will that vanish forever?
    The game looks choppy with the screenshots but actually looks fantastic with the trailer.
    My only problem is I hope Nintendo isn't just making it for the sake of getting a pokemon game on 3D.
    I like the look of the male MC but not the female MC. Also, doesn't look like they are going the same route with what they did
    on BW, with all new critters instead looks like we get old ones.
    I still feel that it's a bit too early for this.
    edit: I think I'll just wait a while to get the inevitable....Pokemon Z.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Z will definitely be some sort of dragon. Depends on what exactly the legendaries are suppose to represent. If the theme is really Dna though, not sure how they'll make things.

As for the graphics, I would say hold off a verdict til later this year. The graphics have a habit of changing before the final release. That and trailers do make things look different then how they would be on the actual system. Though I understand some of the problem, as my friend who played Skyward Sword says that those type of backgrounds can be annoying.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really hoping for a 3rd gen remake too, but oh well. I guess it's better to test out this whole new thing on new gen, rather then ruin an old one with it.

As for the starters, whatever. I'll just trade over a low level Eevee team since it looks like old pokemon are fair game early on :3

I think the jump to 3d for the handhelds is good though, they couldn't stick with the old format forever, so why not experiment sooner rather than later right?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, the fact that they made all the legendaries from Gen 3 available implied we wouldn't be getting the remakes for a while. And it makes sense they would want to start the move to 3d with a new generation then a remake.

Honestly, as long as the fire starter doesn't end up fire/fighting, I'll be satisfied.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They did? That must be a BW2 thing, I haven't gotten around to that yet xD

Maybe the starters should just be pure this time *shot*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To many pure water starters already. Wouldn't mind the fire one being pure. Pure grass isn't all that great. Speaking of which, this generation brings us up to (likely) 800 Pokemon.

Really hoping the boy not having his sunglasses later on does hint at trainer customization. And can't wait to go around rollerskating.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to have a water starter to develope into a classical water/ice combination, but seeing this one being a frog it's not very likely. I still don't understand why they screwed up the penguin to be steel in his third stage.

Last edited by Evil3ye; January 09, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

New Reply
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast