Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    That's strange....i understand adding a type, but changing it? Hm
    Obviously these are still speculations, but I wouldn't mind if they changed Clefairy, Jigglypuff and other pokèmons into a Fairy type or whatever it is the new type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Leaves View Post
    That's pretty cool. ^w^ I can't wait to see what this will do to the move-sets of preexisting Pokémon that will be labeled Fairy. I always thought critters like Mawile were lacking in power/utility of their move-sets, so here's hoping some of these cute little guys will get some lovin'.

I checked online, and apparently the episode with Junichi Masuda will air May 19th (Sunday). But either way, seems we'll have info within the next twenty-four hours.
    I wonder what kind of moves the new type (if it's really Fairy) will get though.
    Fairy Powder? LOL
    Anyway I hope that today at Pokèmon Smash they will give us news...

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Didn't notice before, but the graphics have gotten more refined.

I thought I was the only one who noticed.
    Anyway yeah, the graphic is outstanding.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated my whole profile just for this game ha. I read you guys reactions from announcement date till present and it was hilarious. It seems fans everywhere all followed the same pattern.

Some people hated the new legend designs > then people get scared of the 3D and say it doesn't feel like Pokémon anymore > official arts come out and everyone freaks out over the legend designs (personally Xerneas is my fav legend ever if you couldn't tell) > Sylveon comes out and reaction is decidedly mixed > the speculation over its type begins but no one realizes how bad it will get > GF and CoroCoro start trolling hard with Sylveon (or rather lack of it) and speculation intensifies to over 9000 > legends get totally overshadowed even though their type is kept secret too > rumours start about a new type and pokémon > Eclair Mewtwo gets shown > genwunners freak while the rest eyeroll at them but at least it provides momentary distraction from the Sylveon nonsense > rumoured pokémon get confirmed and reaction is surprisingly positive > people now love the graphics all of a sudden > this all means the rumoured new type gets credibility > but official confirmation remains elusive > Fairy type speculation in general takes over from Sylveon speculation > UGH.

And yes the graphics always look way worse in early releases than later promotion. People should have known that. Remember how terrible and pixelated BW looked early on. I for one love how they did the 3D models for the Pokémon. Its 2.5D really. They are smooth and not full 3D like Pokédex 3D is. Its the overworld thats full 3D. So this still feels like a handheld Pokémon game. Besides, you can, y'know, tone down the 3D effect even more if you want. I definitely won't though. I'm buying a 3DS XL just for this, so I never experienced 3DS effect yet. Pokémon has been reserved for that.

By the way, GameFreak has a big conference at E3 for Nintendo this year. For a whole hour and a half! This is the first time EVER a main Pokémon game is making an appearance. Despite all this I'm keeping expectations very low cause we'll probably just get trolled with old info for 90 mins.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...undtable_at_e3

What I HOPE we'd get is: Xerneas/Yveltal types etc, Bond mechanic debut and explanation and finally SYLVEON'S TYPE AND FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMATION.
    Not too bothered about Mewtwo Y cause that should come in the next CoroCoro which is just a few days after this conference.
    Last edited by Xerneas; May 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I admit that I judged way too early all the new features and I feel ashamed for it, considering that right now the game is really excellent.
    About Xerneas and Yveltal, I don't know what their types could be and let's not talk about about Sylveon. LOL
    To conclude I really hope that during the conference at the E3, we will know something more about the new features and the legendaries' types; just these information, because I highly doubt that they will showcase new pokemons.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not judging too early, it's getting used to the new stuff.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    It's not judging too early, it's getting used to the new stuff.
    Well yeah, but I did also the judging part.
    In any case I must say that all these new features are really something, but I wish they could tell us what are Sylveon's, Xerneas' and Yveltal's types.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we know for sure that its gonna be a new type. Fairy is unconfirmed but I hope its real even though it doesn't sound cool. My theory is that these Fairy pokémon all evolve via the new Bond mechanic. Mewtwo's forme too. It all seems to be gender related. Sylveon in particular is very feminine but Mewtwo is also, in this new mode. "His" voice actor even got changed to a woman so he sounds like a girl. And the movie site labels this forme "Mewtwo X". X is the female chromosome (Xerneas antlers look like chromosomes btw). And Mewtwo is the Genetic Pokémon. Its all tied together.

Now the same source that leaked those 4 new Pokémon (Gogoat etc) along with their English names months before official release, also said that there were going to be 2 Mewtwo formes not one. And looks like the movie site proved him right. If there's a Mewtwo X then there should be a Mewtwo Y with masculine features. And he spoiled/explained Fairy type too and since he hasn't been wrong yet, I believe it.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Well we know for sure that its gonna be a new type. Fairy is unconfirmed but I hope its real even though it doesn't sound cool. My theory is that these Fairy pokémon all evolve via the new Bond mechanic. Mewtwo's forme too. It all seems to be gender related. Sylveon in particular is very feminine but Mewtwo is also, in this new mode. "His" voice actor even got changed to a woman so he sounds like a girl. And the movie site labels this forme "Mewtwo X". X is the female chromosome (Xerneas antlers look like chromosomes btw). And Mewtwo is the Genetic Pokémon. Its all tied together.

Now the same source that leaked those 4 new Pokémon (Gogoat etc) along with their English names months before official release, also said that there were going to be 2 Mewtwo formes not one. And looks like the movie site proved him right. If there's a Mewtwo X then there should be a Mewtwo Y with masculine features. And he spoiled/explained Fairy type too and since he hasn't been wrong yet, I believe it.
    Yeah, I've heard about Mewtwo; but if the other form will be as good as the first one, I won't mind.
    About the new type, I don't see what is wrong if it is really fairy....I mean I've read in other forums that Fairy is too "femine", but I don't see the problem, considering that in this type could be added Gremlins, Goblins, Werewolfes, Gnomes and other misthycal creatures.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not bothered by the Fairy name myself. But the reality is that it doesn't have the cool factor that most guys would be into. In fact I've been defending it to people cause I've seen the same thing on other forums you talk about. The funny part is that its not really the young boys this game is primarily aimed at that seem to be upset, but grown ass men who should know better. I don't think they'd change the name for US/EU versions either, even though they've done that before. Cause we already got Fairy classified mons and a Fairy egg group. Which makes all the complaining even more stupid.

P.S I'd laugh if something like Yveltal is Fairy type. That would put people in their place. I mean if it wasn't a new type why would they hide it so long. Reshiram/Zekrom types etc got revealed only a couple months after they were first shown.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    I'm not bothered by the Fairy name myself. But the reality is that it doesn't have the cool factor that most guys would be into. In fact I've been defending it to people cause I've seen the same thing on other forums you talk about. The funny part is that its not really the young boys this game is primarily aimed at that seem to be upset, but grown ass men who should know better. I don't think they'd change the name for US/EU versions either, even though they've done that before. Cause we already got Fairy classified mons and a Fairy egg group. Which makes all the complaining even more stupid.

P.S I'd laugh if something like Yveltal is Fairy type. That would put people in their place. I mean if it wasn't a new type why would they hide it so long. Reshiram/Zekrom types etc got revealed only a couple months after they were first shown.
    You're right all this complaining is stupid, considering that this game has new-brand features, which made the Pokèmon franchise even more interesting to play. And damn I always wanted to customize my character.
    Anyway I have a feeling that at least Xerneas will be Fairy, while Yveltal, well, I don't know, he could be Psychic, Dark, Flying and Dragon, but I can't seem to decide which fits it more.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat offtopic fyi: Have anyone tried this Pokemon Fusion? It mixed two Pokemon together to see what they will look like.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Some of them were hilarious,Some were cool,Some were creepy

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Somewhat offtopic fyi: Have anyone tried this Pokemon Fusion? It mixed two Pokemon together to see what they will look like.
    No i didn't and this is awesome! XD
    Last edited by Knightmare of heaven 0; May 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorkly has posted some amazing fanarts of the fusions if you want to check it out

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

They all look so good.Most of them are like Digimon though But damn they are good.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

OMg, some are hilarious while others are simply epic.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Introducing a type that late in the game would be a disaster. I found the implementation of Dark and Steel not super smooth, when you could bite a psycho and it was super effective, but tackle a Magnemite and it would do not much damage.

Adding some new type, lets call it Fairy, would mean all previous gens' Pokemon as well as attacks would need to be adjusted as well. I don't think it is practically possible doing it in the sixth gen.

On the other hand there's always been this mysterious Curse attack, that for whatever reason was not Ghost type but ???. I always found that fact pretty bothersome for whatever reason.

New Reply
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast