Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Don't hate on Talonflame .

But seriously, since so many of the insider rumors have been coming true, I guess at this point we can start to believe they all are true. Don't know how I'm gonna feel about duel-type attacks and Mewtwo having a second form, much less the strange new evolution methods.

Also, its awesome we're gonna have four friends starting their journey alongside the player.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

All the new characters seem interesting and it is nice that here are a lot of friends/rivals to fight with.
    It will make training easy along with the hordes battles.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I actually like Furabebe. Cool Pakkemon.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Fire/Normal is an interesting combination too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Talonflame looks amazing.Guess Pidgeot and Staraptor have a strong competitor I do like Clauncher it's evolved form might be awesome =3
    Last edited by Knightmare of heaven 0; June 17, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    Talonflame looks amazing.Guess Pidgeot and Staraptor have a strong competitor
    You can't really compare Talonflame with Pidgeot and Staraptor. Thats because Talonflame is a Fire/Flying pokemon, so obviously you can't compare it with Normal/Flying types like Pidgeot and Staraptor.

If you really want to compare it with any pokemon, then Charizard or Moltres or Ho-Oh would be the correct ones to compare with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The comparison is due to all three being the evolutions of the early route birds. That along with the fact that Talonflame evolves from a normal/flying and evidences pointing to Talonflame's focus being on physical attacks and speed, same two key stats of Pidgeot and Staraptor.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The comparison is due to all three being the evolutions of the early route birds. That along with the fact that Talonflame evolves from a normal/flying and evidences pointing to Talonflame's focus being on physical attacks and speed, same two key stats of Pidgeot and Staraptor.
    First of all, we aren't really sure yet whether Fletchling and its line is going to be an early route pokemon or not.

I remember during the release of the 5th gen pokemon, they revealed Rufflet & Braviary before they revealed the Unfezant line. So, obviously people though that those 2 where going to be early captures, but that wasn't the case in the games.

Next is the ''evidences pointing to Talonflame's focus being on physical attacks and speed''. While it is ok to compare this aspect with Staraptor, i don't think you should put Pidgeot in the comparison listing, because the Pidgeot line is the 2nd weakest of the early birds when you consider both Attack & Speed stats with the others ones. Here is the listing of there base stat (Atk/Spd),

- Pidgeot (80/91)
    - Fearow (90/100)
    - Noctowl (50/70)
    - Swellow (85/125)
    - Staraptor (120/100)
    - Unfezant (105/93)

As you see, Pidgeot is the 2nd lowest in terms of Attack and Speed. But it is the 2nd one to have a high amount of Special Atk (at 70, beaten by Noctowl with 76).

Also as i have said before, its typing is one of the reasons why we can't compare Talonflame with the other Normal/Flying types. Would you compare Crobat line or Ninjask with other strong Normal/Flying types. They are both among the fastest pokemons in the game (while being Flying types themselves) and are powerful physical attackers as well (having the same base ATK as Fearow) and can be obtained quite early in the games (mostly before the 1st gym battle).

I don't think so, mainly because of there typing. Thats because typing of a pokemon is also important during battles and one can't ignore it while comparing it with other pokemons of the similar category.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't any reason not to believe that the Fletchling line isn't gonna be the early route bird. Pidove was revealed in the June Corocoro, while Braviary was revealed in the July Corocoro. And people expected that Rufflet & Braviary would be catchable early to mid game, as oppose to only appearing near the end. That's not the same as believing they were the early route birds.

Despite the stats, Pidgeot niche is still Atk and Spd. That's what people used it for in their playthroughs. Plus it's the original early route bird. The fact that there are others that could also be compared doesn't take away that it can be compared. And you're missing the point. You can't use Crobat or Ninjask because they were never normal/flying, whereas Talonflame evolves from Fletchling, a normal/flying pokemon. Talonflame eventually becoming fire/flying doesn't change that it holds the same role as all the other early route birds, one of which likely being the very first flying type you can catch. By that logic, people couldn't compare the starters, yet that's regularly done. Typing may be important in comparing advantages/disadvantages against such and such, but it's really not that critical in a general comparison.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new trailer, which summarized all the new feature:

Nintendo will also release two special edition 3DS XL bundles in Japan. I'm sure it will be brought overseas too.

---------- Post added July 05, 2013 at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2013 at 09:01 AM ----------

A new ghost/steel-type Pokemon is revealed. Honedge is a spirit that possessed a sword.

---------- Post added July 07, 2013 at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was July 05, 2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

New pokemons have been revealed, but the only one I liked was the evolution of Pancham....

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are the scans and info if anyone is interested.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn the graphic is getting better and better and the new moves' effects are awesome.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, graphic looks 'delicious'
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally sick of Ash losing the leagues he's entering in the newer series. I mean common, there's been so many seasons and the series has been around for YEARS (I emphasize YEARS). And he's still the same age, correct me if i'm wrong though. But yes, completely makes me angry just seeing this happen.

New Reply
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast