Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

No problem,i knew yellow was a girl.^^

Anyway,has anyone ever played the card game?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to own quite a few and then I gave them to my cousin which he got them all wet.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    since i read this thread... it is seem expert pokemon player are there ...

one thing, i need help for Sliver Pokemon for DS version..

how i get poke flute ? I love old sliver game but new DS version ... because big guy block dig cave ....

i prefer to play wihout cheat or game shark... because i am enjoy to play ...
    For Silver, Gold, and Crystal, you don't need Poke' flute. Get radio card from Lavender radio tower then tune the radio to the Poke' flute thingie or whatever. That should do it.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

O man the card game, lol. Honestly, I used to collect the cards but I had absolutely no idea how to play the game . I just loved staring at them and seeing how awesome and shiny my Charizard was. I guess it was a combination of me just being little and also not having anyone to play with or teach me how to play. But I still got them anyway for the thrill and excitement of staring at them in a binder .

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The card game was awesome as fuck, maaaan. Can't blame you. I wanted to collect a lot of the cards. Truth be told, if the cards weren't all new and Diamond and Platinum and Hoenn and shit like that, I'd actually drop money on the cards. Fuck third generation and after. First was the best, second was decent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The collector cards were the real craze here in Sweden, some even got a shitload of cards without knowing there were video games.
    Maaaaaaaan, how much money parents had to spend on their children's stupid cards. I had folders and stuff in my closet, like a damn archive with thousands of cards... and yet I don't recall anyone ever playing the actual card game. I know I wanted to after I played the Pokémon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy Color, but no one else knew how to play so I just kept collecting rare shit instead.

Eventually I got bored of it, put all the cards in a bag and dug a hole in a field close to where I used to live and put it all in there. Then I drew a treasure map of where they were and put outside the door of a guy I knew who couldn't afford any cards on his own.

I'm such a nice guy.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a few trading cards like in '99-01, among those were a Red Gyarados and Shiny Machamp cards. I lost my whole pack one day I don't even know how.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought cards out the ass when I was a kid. Played the game some but as card games go, it sucked. Yu-Gi-Oh! was more fun to play, but Pokemon cards were the shizz to collect!

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just collected them, I was never interested in learning to play them, but yeah everyone I knew who were into trading cards said that Yu-Gi-Oh was the one they liked.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    O man the card game, lol. Honestly, I used to collect the cards but I had absolutely no idea how to play the game . I just loved staring at them and seeing how awesome and shiny my Charizard was. I guess it was a combination of me just being little and also not having anyone to play with or teach me how to play. But I still got them anyway for the thrill and excitement of staring at them in a binder .
    Same here
    And the card game never had a chance here,because Yu-Gi-Oh! cards were the real craze here.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, most of you guys have been saying the exact same thing as me. Pokemon cards came first when I was much younger and those were more of just a phase and a craze resulting in me just staring at a bunch of holographic cards just because I thought they were amazing to have. I had no idea how to play at all. I think I even made up my own rule one time just so I could do something with them . And yes, Yugioh became the big sh*t and thats what I was all about. In the end I loved them way more than Pokemon Cards because they were better and I knew had to use them .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never even seen a Yu-Gi-Oh card, and if it's true that they were more popular, it was probably because the kids learned how to play them when watching the show.

Hell, no one I knew bought the Pokémon cards for the sake of playing. Everyone just threw their Energy and Trainer cards away or put them in the back of their folders and saved whatever rare or shiny ones they got their hands on.

I don't even think most kids cared back in the day, they'd just buy anything that said "Pokémon" on it, really.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that played and knew how to play Pokemon? Though granted, I mostly collected rather than played.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I said I knew how to play D: It just wasn't that fun. The energy/counter thing Pokemon and other card games like it have going on is annoying. So many things to keep up with. That's why games like Yu-Gi-Oh! caught on better here, easier to play.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I bought cards out the ass when I was a kid. Played the game some but as card games go, it sucked. Yu-Gi-Oh! was more fun to play, but Pokemon cards were the shizz to collect!
    Real talk homie. xD

A very long time ago, I condensed my collection down to only sexy shiny cards. When I first started getting into the pokemon card craze, I use to collect all kinds of pokemon cards (including the energy cards, tools, shit.. even the japanese ones, etc) but I slowly grew to love the shiny pokemon cards more than any other.

I still have "my special" pokemon folder that contains practically all of the cards I kept. I managed to sell the rest of the rubbish cards at school. Gawd, I don't know how much money and time I spent on collecting and hustling for those cards; but I still say it was damn worth it. I had a lot of fun back in the day.

Oh yea and I totally agree with what Orgz-kun stated in his post a while back. So true. That was so sweet of you, Orgz-kun.

New Reply
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast