Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Now im not much of a gamer but i will sit down with Pokemon no matter if its for the Wii, Gamecube or Gameboys its just something about can get me hooked for days im glad i found this thread on here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito42 View Post
    Now im not much of a gamer but i will sit down with Pokemon no matter if its for the Wii, Gamecube or Gameboys its just something about can get me hooked for days im glad i found this thread on here
    I agree. I still have my very old Game Boy Color (I was still in Grade 5, you know, ten years ago) and I install two good AA batteries in it. A good Pokemon game can get me unstressed. I really like Pokemon Yellow as compared to the other first three.

I know you'll tell me that there are lots of new Pokemon games out there. But the only Pokemon I know of are up to Mew only. LOL. Yellow rules.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to get Pokemon Black & White in ....
    Tomorrow or the day after that, so that means 1/2 days.
    Which means, which means..
    It's the start of another journey to become the champion again !
    Not that I'm complaining, I love the pokemon games and since I grew up with them, I still love them as much.
    But I'm still considering whether to get it before the 3NDS Release or after the 3DS release

I mean, I hope they won't release a
    "Pokemon Black and White redition for the 3ds!" or something like that..
    my money will go to waste.
    I'm getting the 3ds for sure though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that pokemon still aint going to end once they've used every color in the color dictionary. We will start getting things like 'pokemon volcano' (red), 'pokemon ocean' (blue) and 'pokemon forest' (green). You heard it here first.

Anyway what I loved about pokemon were not the first generation pokemon, but the plot. That is the reason that it gets increasingly popular, simply because as the general plot remains the same, the graphics are also improving, thus allowing for better gamer experience whilst maintaining the aspect of the game that makes it a hit.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    My guess is that pokemon still aint going to end once they've used every color in the color dictionary. We will start getting things like 'pokemon volcano' (red), 'pokemon ocean' (blue) and 'pokemon forest' (green). You heard it here first.
    Haha, or when they run out of animals or furnitures to base them on, or when it isn't so popular anymore.
    They already did, Pokemon Platinum and Diamond and Pearl.
    and then they will come up with more weird names for the bad guys too

Quote Quote:
    Anyway what I loved about pokemon were not the first generation pokemon, but the plot. That is the reason that it gets increasingly popular, simply because as the general plot remains the same, the graphics are also improving, thus allowing for better gamer experience whilst maintaining the aspect of the game that makes it a hit.
    I agree, I don't like pokemon plot because it is overly too simple but I guess that's how they maintain things, with the champion as the goal..wait.
    nonono, catch em all is the goal.
    I agree with the graphics, it allows people to enjoy and also for them to look back at how far it has come.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BW's plot is actually pretty good for a handheld game. Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about needing the 3DS til much later, Either for the RS remakes or the third 5th gen version.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

dang , i need to work not play with Black and White but i will on the vacation with this week for me .. .but my niece and nephew got two game from me ( early present for them for birthday but it is suppose in April ) and me too... I preorder three games (two white and Black version games) hehe i can't wait for monday or tuesday .. But i know it will release on today ...

I love pokemon ... poor my girlfirend said i am not child anymore somewhere,I knew she love play pokemon in past but she dont admit it ... but anyway .. good luck with Black and White ..

hard to choice pokemon starter... i want all of three them

one thing, what is big deal with 3D DS ... it will same function with DSi ? beside 3d stuff.
    Last edited by raptor02_2001; March 06, 2011 at 03:19 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    one thing, what is big deal with 3D DS ... it will same function with DSi ? beside 3d stuff.
    Well I guess the display is a lot better and the graphics are better too ? Not entirely sure but yes beside 3d stuff, there's quite alot of features too. The camera is also better and there's an additional analog stick, not sure how much that is worth.. and some applications, better processor and connectivity.
    But as you can see, most of the people, or at least me is buying it for the 3d.
    I also fear that after 3ds comes out, nds games will go into extinction and handheld will always be in 3d. I have various titles I'm looking forward to too, that's why I'm buying it
    I'm looking forward to it but I hope it won't distract me from my studies..

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for Pokémon Volcano and Pokémon Ocean

I never got through BW, but I didn't really see any significant differences in plot to the previous versions. Yeah sure, the stories about the new legend Pokémon blabliblu, but it's not the reason I got into these games. I was cool with Zaptos etc having like no story at all and it still worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You wont believe it, but some guy has just asked me for pussy pics. Jeez, so many creeps nowadays. Being a girl on the internet sucks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The plot is far more interactive then previous games and the rivals and gym leaders actually play a role instead of simply being there.

Anyway, I'm loving the new features they added to BW, Especially the small stuff that I didn't even realize I would want like the progress bar while you save or the sound of the different instruments added into the background music.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought Pokemon Black and is going to start my pokemon journey.
    Anyone doing the same thing with me ?
    I'm quite excited to be honest..since my one week holiday is coming up and I'll have time for this.
    Here we go, becoming the champion the 5th time now..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing White. It took several tries for me to get a Jolly Tepig. Anyway, The new leveling system makes training harder then before, But on the plus side I have landed more critical hits and burns then I ever did in all my past games.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my nephew and niece got already ahead .and they are at 4 badge ... i don't open pokemon box ... but tomorrow .. i will pull all day to play but i wish my nephew and niece make stop brag at me ... but i have fun with them...

any recommend to pokemon starter ...i am lean on water type ... since i watch pokemon show ... that is cute water pokemon...

Zeltrax's comment o 3D DSi .. i will might buy it because my old DSi is broken because my fault ... when 3d DSI will release?... since i use my niece 's DSI ...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oshawott is the most well rounded of the starters, Tepig is focus on attacking but has lousy defenses and speed, And Snivy is the opposite with great speed and defenses but crappy attacks.

The 3DS comes out March 27. I plan on waiting til next year to pay a lower price for it.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan on waiting too, at least until my anticipated games are coming out

Thanks for the info about the starters, and there's a new..leveling system ?

Anyway, I chose snivy because I find it cool and I just finished my first gym.
    I lost twice so far..once to a trainer in the gym, another to the gym leader.
    I got this blue water monkey from some guy, not sure I want to keep it..
    Anyway, I fought the first gym with my snivy because I think all the wild pokemon are weak/not my taste
    Actually, I make it a point to not choose any pokemon that is similar to what my rivals have..so yeah.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast