Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Nor really a big fan of this 3D stuff.:/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so whats everyone think of the generation 5 starters that just got revealed today? the fire pig is a little odd but maybe it'll turn into a big bore or something. the grass looks a lot like grovyle/sceptile to me, maybe the evolutions will change that. and the water looks like it could turn ice/water later through the evolutions, hopefully it will be fast, none of the water starters have ever been that fast.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New starters:
    Spoiler show

New characters:
    Spoiler show

Eventhough the first scans with the 3D stuff weren't really convincing me,i have to say that i like the new characters and the new starters,surprisingly.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Total awesomeness. New video out of a battle scene, entei vs zoroark

A link to more screenshots and pic of the game at pokebeach. Also the new starters (Tsutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru) without their silhouettes. Cannot wait for this

Btw, the legend of smugleaf is beginning:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Imperium; May 15, 2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm awesome.

Why?

I managed to beat Clair with level 41 Entei, level 36 Typhlosion, Raticate, Gyarados, Pidgeot, and level 33 Weepinbell. Betcha guys can't do the same. =D

It's gonna be a real bitch to beat Lance.... <_< I spammed quite a bit of items.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Elite Four is the same levels as before so they aren't that hard...but my friend told me they get a lot stronger each time you face them, and that Red is an assload stronger this time.

New starters are meh. But they always are. I wanna see the full forms of each....but I'm totally leaning towards the pig, just because he's a pig.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Red is epic and definitly strong.When i faced him for the first time i was shocked at how high the levels are.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Elite Four is the same levels as before so they aren't that hard...but my friend told me they get a lot stronger each time you face them, and that Red is an assload stronger this time.

New starters are meh. But they always are. I wanna see the full forms of each....but I'm totally leaning towards the pig, just because he's a pig.
    Good thing is that I can keep challenging Elite 4 and keep increasing my Pokemon's level, if the 4's Pokemon do gain more levels every time I face 'em. I'm all about keeping my team on even level for some reason.

Also, I captured Ho-Oh. Had to use a freakin' Masterball, but I refuse to let Ho-Oh go away. It's fire. <3 Its attack moves suck though. <_< Apart from like, two good fire moves. And the Kimono Girls' dance was long and awkward to watch, and this is a video game we're talking about.
    In any case, I traded my Pidgeot and Weepinbell for Lugia and Gengar, which I replaced Gengar with Ho-Oh, so it makes it 3 legendaries I have on my team. Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Entei. I find it hard to love Ho-Oh and Typhlosion though, due to mostly fire moves, and Entei having mostly normal moves and one fire. Gyarados or Raticate need to learn Thunder as well.

Complications.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Red is epic and definitly strong.When i faced him for the first time i was shocked at how high the levels are.
    His HGSS Lvl 87 Pikachu is the highest leveled pokemon in the series (once again ) outside the Battle Tower (which is adjusted) and Player Pokemon.

but his team is weak though , i considered Lance (first (after Johto) and second (after Kanto) times) more of a challenge but it was fun to see how ludicrous his team levels were.

....i must admit i was surprised when went back to the Elite Four ...and faced a Lvl 60 teams instead of Lvl 40 teams O-o (ooh its just like Platinum's Elite Four nice ...now i dont get easy Exp T_T)

Edit : In HgSS the Elite Four dont level up with you , they become stronger automatically after you defeat Blue and collected all the Kanto badges.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot about this thread. I like these starters, in fact they're my favourites as a group. So far the 5th gen designs have been very encouraging, although a lot of people have problems with the Water starter Mijumaru. I think its cute even though the design is busy. And the new trainers look awesome although the girl is pushing it with those booty shorts. It was bad enough in the past with the underage mains, but now people have more validity in wanting to sexualize her.

My only concern is that the Isshu region seems really isolated from the other regions. The speculation is that GameFreak has moved out of Japan for the first time ever - best guess is Hong Kong so far. If thats the case though, the pokédex will be just like in RSE where there was a lot of exotic pokémon, but very few from previous games. Which means the pokédex will be extremely tedious to complete (legally, that is) seeing as how there's gonna be ~600 in total.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm up against Elite 4. I have yet to fight Lance. The rest were easy, Karen being the hardest but beatable anyway. It seems like I only need simple weakness to beat them. <_< Was so much harder before, especially against even Will. All of Bruno was done in one shot kill. I don't think I have any moves that can combat dragon type though, so this'll be interesting. Though, Gyarados does know blizzard.

I have beaten Lance. Itemspam and strategy FTW.
    Last edited by M3J; May 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Legendary Pokémon revealed. They look pretty awesome, even though both have some Palkia-ish features. But seriously, ALL the pokémon/trainer/location designs so far from this gen look good!

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/?...1=main#/legend.

Shockingly, the American website updated with this info as well. I'm pleased to note that the names aren't being changed for the English release.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    Legendary Pokémon revealed. They look pretty awesome, even though both have some Palkia-ish features. But seriously, ALL the pokémon/trainer/location designs so far from this gen look good!

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/?...1=main#/legend.

Shockingly, the American website updated with this info as well. I'm pleased to note that the names aren't being changed for the English release.
    Is there another link Arceus, the japan one wont load for me.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/. All the other international sites updated at the same time, which was pretty shocking. Their HGSS coverage isn't even done yet...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They're looking good,especially the black one.
    Wonder how their story is.

New Reply
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast