Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pokemon Thread

Everyone had the same reaction when watching that anime promo: This is what the Pokémon anime should be like!

I became very interested when I first heard Black & White were getting actual sequels, and now that I've heard about all these new features I am dead excited for these games! These games might just beat Generation 2 when it comes to best sequels. I'd have a heart-attack if I heard you could travel to other regions xD!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

sigh...the pokemon anime...how much potential it had.

Moving on, that was awesome. I'm not sure if that is really elesa tho, I mean her body is the same but...hmm, not too sure.
    Is the ninja guy team plasma too? Or peharps some other team? Man, the trailer managed to hype me up to actually want to replay b&w.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

That animation. Please, make and short spin-off series or film in that style!

And I'm quite sure that was Elesa. Looks the same, is a model persona and had electric pokemon. As for the ninja guys: they were also in the first Black&Whites, some blablaa clan which the main baddie had hired for is help. Yeah, most of people have forgotten them already. Which is no suprise since their role in the game was pretty pointless.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope they'll be a lot more significant this time around (I'm thinking they probably will). And yeah I'm pretty sure that is Elesa, though it seems like she dyed her hair black. One thing that sort of disappointed me in the trailer was the fact that the rival was the protagonist's friend. It's not really a bad thing, I was just hoping for an arrogant rival who'd make you want to beat him. The last few rivals have been pretty passive to be honest.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh c'mon.How the hell do they expect me to actually stop playing Pokemon?I told myself I will stop now.And what do they do?They make a direct sequel for the first time in history and now they release this epic trailer....man,I'm hyped beyond belief,but guys: I want to grow up!

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we got two new videos. Also, Homika's battle animation is cool.

Spoiler: Pictures show

---------- Post added June 03, 2012 at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was June 02, 2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Video from Pokemon Smash, of making a "movie" at Pokewood and battling Brycen, who seems to have switch to Dark types.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The newest Pokemon Conquest trailer:

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's kind like those final fantasy tactic.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New trailer for BW2, showing a few new things like the Fes Mission and Join Avenue features*, Dream Radar, a look at the new forms of the Kamis ingame, and something where we get a medal.

*The Fes Mission is a feature where you join a friend on a mission, like with the EntraLink Missions, and Join Avenue is a feature where you set up a shop with friends.

---------- Post added June 22, 2012 at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was June 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM ----------

BW2 has come out and it looks better then I though it would be. Not only do we get to fight past leaders, but we also get to fight the Plasma Sages. In addition, we're given a few pokemon that were previous own by N and can ind other pokemon with their DW abilities. There's also an item that will allow us to change the difficulty of the postgame. The move tutor is back and the levels gets pretty high, +55s in the regular game and +75 postgame.

Spoiler: And the best part- show
    Last edited by Rikudou King; June 12, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nintendo has announced that they will distribute the legendary Pokemon, Keldeo, for Pokemon White/Black in N. America and Europe.

Quote Quote:
    In North America, Keldeo will be distributed at select GameStop stores, from August 27th – October 6th. In the United Kingdom, Keldeo will be available at GAME, from September 1st – October 11th. The Keldeo you receive at both stores will come with the following moves: Aqua Jet, Leer, Double Kick, BubbleBeam.

As previously reported, transferring Keldeo to the upcoming Pokémon Black/White 2 games will make it learn a move called Secret Sword, and transform it into its Resolute form.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my copy of Black 2. Chose Oshawott as my starter, due to wanting to use Chanderlure later on. Cheren was harder then expected, but my Oshawott and Riolu handled him like champs. Hugh is growing on me as favorite rival ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, didn't notice there was such a topic.
    Anyway I too bought B/W 2 and I am really satisfied of the job they've done.
    Now I wish they would do the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y (6th generation and for the 3DS) trailer released:

Wow, didn't expect to see the 6th so soon. I have to say that I've got mixed feelings about this. Game Freak have never been the greatest when it came to graphics, but this looks more like a high-end DS game than a 3DS one. Plus everything's still so square-ish and angular. The battles don't look that impressive (though they look to be pretty fast-paced like the main series games which is good), and I'm not too keen on the new pokémon designs. I loved most of the 5th generation ones because they were more in line with the 1st and 2nd ones (the best), but these remind of the 4th generation which in my opinion had pretty weird designs. I'm still going to probably get this though.
    Last edited by Crude; January 08, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nintendo just announced the first 3DS Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The new starter Pokemon are Chespin (grass), Fennekin (fire), and Froakie (water) and the game will be released on the same day worldwide in October

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

A fire fox again? I think we had that in the first gen already...

New Reply
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast