Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What will happen now?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

What will happen now?

I think this is how the things will go down....

Luffy is going to get back to Sabaody Archipelago, where he will train under rayglieh how to master haki and he will train unitl other mugiwaras come to Sabaody Archipelago and that time will be the time skip, and all mugiwaras gather.. they will go on coated sunny and go to fishman island where they will get the last mugiwara.

Sounds probable..... right?

PS. this arc was awesome

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will happen now?

I'm fine with Luffy training (though others are vehemently against it) but I definitely don't want to see more than a one-page montage of training. Training arcs are abominable, OP's lack of them is one thing that makes it so much better than other shonen.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I rly want Oda to move on fast. Not saying he hasn't, I mean to finish a arc as this with so many character in such a short time says sth about his pace.

Anyway, I don't want trainings arcs, Luffy can learn anything on his own. He must have noticed WB and other character in this war to use haki, so he will pick it up somehow. Also about the SH-reunion arc/saga which should be the next, I rly hope it will be finished within a few chapters (max 10 chapters). I just want OP to move on fast, wanne see the mermaid island, NW, Elbaf etc. I rly wish from Oda to not waste any chapters in tranings arc and in reunion arcs (while reunion cant be avoided I guess).

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

After all these events, the only way to move fast is through an important timeskip. We all know time is needed for the SHs to gather, for FI to change and for BB to become a great pirate.
    And the more I think about it, the more I feel we'll have a true timeskip, not only some weeks or some months, but years.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: What will happen now?

Anyways this is what I think will be happened in this new era considering "Navy side" (until the next war in the end of OP, where the WG will be crushed).
    In the end I must say something about the decision of Shanks (that in which He say than He will do Ace’s and WB burial’s), and also the answer of Sengoku:

To notice than Sengoku says than He will take the guilt of this (the fact than the bodies will not exposed as trophies).
    For this I believe (also on pressure of the Tenryuubitos, they will not tollerate the fact than Rufy has escaped) than Sengoku will be punished, He will be demoted to admiral or they will dismiss him (perhaps Sengoku will left the Navy). This is also worth for Garp (also him lascierà the harbor).
    If it will be so will be promoted Akainu, and also the same Navy (not only the WG) it will become dark (this in sight of the next war).
    If Sengoku will leave the Navy, perhaps also him will face the WG in the next war (because from this chapter we understand that he is not for the absolute justice, contrarily of what I believed).
    I think than Dobberman will became the third admiral, because also him as Akainu is for "absolute justice".

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

remember only about a week or so has passed since the strawhats split up. im sure there will be a small skip. maybe next chapter we will see some of the strawhats, and what they are doing

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I'm fine with Luffy training (though others are vehemently against it) but I definitely don't want to see more than a one-page montage of training. Training arcs are abominable, OP's lack of them is one thing that makes it so much better than other shonen.
    no I didn't think there will be an training arc, but something similar with naturo(jump between naruto and shippuden)....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

But i doubt the gap would be anywhere as long as Naruto was!!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OunknownO View Post
    no I didn't think there will be an training arc, but something similar with naturo(jump between naruto and shippuden)....
    Let's just hope if this happens, it doesn't carry on the trend of second part being much worse than the first.. both Dragonball and Naruto were better before their big timeskip.. come to think of it, it's pretty much a good marker for at which point I started losing interest in Naruto..

It's very possible, though. Not just the fact that Oda has claimed this is Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old, but it's not impossible that he'll pull a Dragonball on us. Damn Toriyama and his influence on Oda.

In the end, I don't think we will see a very long timeskip if it does happen. I mean, Oda has developed even the most minor characters and made them connect to each other, built up a universe like nothing else I've ever seen in fiction.. much of that build-up would go to waste if he just timeskipped for too long at this point.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well when we think about how long all of the ALL the arcs up til now combine to it's still like 6 months (approx.)..
    I'd doubt there'd be a timeskip longer than the rest of the plot up to now..
    So while Luffy is dancing on death's door, it's not like it's anywhere new for him...
    Even if this time it will be far more than a miracle if (when) he survives.....
    However it will clearly take time for the dust to settle, but beyond that it's gotta be back to the SH by May IMO.

Maybe Ray-san will explain more about Haki but please no training arc....
    But based on Oda's current record, i'm fairly confident it won't be a disappointment.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Anyways this is what I think will be happened in this new era considering "Navy side" (until the next war in the end of OP, where the WG will be crushed).
    In the end I must say something about the decision of Shanks (that in which He say than He will do Ace’s and WB burial’s), and also the answer of Sengoku:

To notice than Sengoku says than He will take the guilt of this (the fact than the bodies will not exposed as trophies).
    For this I believe (also on pressure of the Tenryuubitos, they will not tollerate the fact than Rufy has escaped) than Sengoku will be punished, He will be demoted to admiral or they will dismiss him (perhaps Sengoku will left the Navy). This is also worth for Garp (also him lascierà the harbor).
    If it will be so will be promoted Akainu, and also the same Navy (not only the WG) it will become dark (this in sight of the next war).
    If Sengoku will leave the Navy, perhaps also him will face the WG in the next war (because from this chapter we understand that he is not for the absolute justice, contrarily of what I believed).
    I think than Dobberman will became the third admiral, because also him as Akainu is for "absolute justice".
    I would expect Smoker to be promoted to Admiral... he is a Logia, and doesn't there, along with these 3 creatures was supposed to be a "White Dragon" or something of that kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: What will happen now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I would expect Smoker to be promoted to Admiral... he is a Logia, and doesn't there, along with these 3 creatures was supposed to be a "White Dragon" or something of that kind?
    I don't think than Smoker will be promoted to Admiral, because the 3 admiral are all fine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well the three admirals names all come from characters in the Japanese folk tale "Momotaro". And the three complete the series of animals in that story, so I'd assume the same here.

IMO it's more likely that Smoker would be promoted to Vice Admiral.
    And didn't a few VA get KO'd or killed in the war?? Ronse and Lecroix (Both Giants??) are the two that come to mind...

Yeah I'm hoping Smoker, Coby, Helmeppo and maybe Hina join up and hunt the SH down... Maybe even as a "SH hunting task force"....

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    IMO it's more likely that Smoker would be promoted to Vice Admiral.
    And didn't a few VA get KO'd or killed in the war?? Ronse and Lecroix (Both Giants??) are the two that come to mind...
    In the last chapter, Vice-Admiral Lacroix, who had been cut down by Oars, was rescued by two members of the Giant Squad.

Vice-Admirals Ronse and John Giant were beaten by Whitebeard, Luffy punched the one who fights with a baseball bat. We have no information about what have happened to the Giant woman and the Giant whose arm is in fact a bazooka.
    That means there were at least 2 giants and to the maximum 4 still able to fight when the war ended. And we must not forget that one of them is severy injured, with a hole above the stomach.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; April 04, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I rly want Oda to move on fast. Not saying he hasn't, I mean to finish a arc as this with so many character in such a short time says sth about his pace.

Anyway, I don't want trainings arcs, Luffy can learn anything on his own. He must have noticed WB and other character in this war to use haki, so he will pick it up somehow. Also about the SH-reunion arc/saga which should be the next, I rly hope it will be finished within a few chapters (max 10 chapters). I just want OP to move on fast, wanne see the mermaid island, NW, Elbaf etc. I rly wish from Oda to not waste any chapters in tranings arc and in reunion arcs (while reunion cant be avoided I guess).
    I don't agree that Luffy will learn Haki on his own. We saw multiple times that he uses it subconciously and is too dumb to realize it. At the very least I think Rayleigh will give him advice and tell him Haki is something he has to master on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    Let's just hope if this happens, it doesn't carry on the trend of second part being much worse than the first.. both Dragonball and Naruto were better before their big timeskip.. come to think of it, it's pretty much a good marker for at which point I started losing interest in Naruto..

It's very possible, though. Not just the fact that Oda has claimed this is Luffy's last adventure as a 17-year old, but it's not impossible that he'll pull a Dragonball on us. Damn Toriyama and his influence on Oda.

In the end, I don't think we will see a very long timeskip if it does happen. I mean, Oda has developed even the most minor characters and made them connect to each other, built up a universe like nothing else I've ever seen in fiction.. much of that build-up would go to waste if he just timeskipped for too long at this point.
    Dragonball had multiple time skips so I don't know which one you are talking about. Timeskips were necessary for Dragonball because it was basically brand new stories every time not to tied into previous arcs. While Naruto has just gone downhill for being Sasuke and training obsessed.

While One Piece, a time skip actually makes sense since have a good sense of where the story is going and because it has been set up for a potential time skip for a long time now.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast