Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi
    Genre: Drama, Slice of Life, Adventure
    Serialized: Weekly Young Jump
    Summary and Preview:
    On his first day of transferring to a new high school, a loner named Mori Buntarou, is cajoled by a classmate into climbing the school building. Despite knowing that one misstep could send him spiraling to his death, he moves foward, and upon finally reaching the top, Mori experiences a sense of fulfillment. That feeling, which seems to be telling him, " You're alive!" gives birth to an adrenaline for rock-climbing. Based on the novel by Nitta Jirou.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 28, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

This sounds like it could turn into a really fun series. I've never seen a manga about rockclimbing but I'm excited for it to (hopefully) get scanned.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

Stickied as new. May not be newly published but is newly translated.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So yeah, I bought this series and liked it so I'm gonna translate it and scan it.
    Hope someone scanlates it well.
    The covers are cool, and the story is certainly interesting. And it's not too straightforward either. It's about isolation and things of that nature, so it has some psychological standpoints for the main characters along with the cool drawings, other characters stuff.
    It's not action-based in other words.

It's uh... 10 volumes long at the moment. I only own up to 9 but I've got plenty of time to buy the 10th one later. And maybe if I actually get that far and it's still going the magazine'd get scanned. Not that I plan to rush to the end, really. I just thought it'd be interesting to do a manga from the beginning that looked interesting that hadn't been done at all.
    Last edited by kewl0210; April 04, 2010 at 12:42 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Laika's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scan more! First vol was pretty cool. Climbing portion of it is more interesting to me than the psych portion though... lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My plan is to scan them as I translate them. Scanning a 220 page volume takes a really long time, and I'm not debinding them so I've gotta then crop them into pages and white out the shadows and level them afterwards, so it's an all day project. Plus I've got a ton of other projects I've got to spend my time on ATM.

But I'll get to it. Definitely.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bellcrossage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressive series. I never knew how interesting a story about mountain climbing could be. Thanks, kewl0210.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoying the series so far. As of chapter 11, I'm wondering if there is anything that old man can say that will get Mori to stop trying to climb solo, at least while he is still new to the sport. Though, honestly, I want him to climb solo regardless, but I also want him to compete with other climbers. So he needs to join a team while secretly going solo.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Uruner's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

=^^= funny how my finding and reading this manga coincided with me picking up climbing as a hobby =^^= .... trough since i still am novice at it info from this manga proven to be useful - the basics like reaaaaaaly tight fitting shoes =^^= ... by using normal shoes i just couldn't properly use my toes while at it ...

Either way... this manga is quite something =^^= to be soo detiled.... trough one thing that struck me is that when novice starts climbing ... after several walls ... strenght of your grip in your hands just dissapears so suddenly that you even cant hold a bottle of water... let alone get back to climbing right away.... so it struck me impossible for main charachter to be climbing until his hands were bleeding soo much... he wouldn't have strengh to catch the stones enough times for them to start bleeding

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uruner View Post
    =^^= funny how my finding and reading this manga coincided with me picking up climbing as a hobby =^^= .... trough since i still am novice at it info from this manga proven to be useful - the basics like reaaaaaaly tight fitting shoes =^^= ... by using normal shoes i just couldn't properly use my toes while at it ...

Either way... this manga is quite something =^^= to be soo detiled.... trough one thing that struck me is that when novice starts climbing ... after several walls ... strenght of your grip in your hands just dissapears so suddenly that you even cant hold a bottle of water... let alone get back to climbing right away.... so it struck me impossible for main charachter to be climbing until his hands were bleeding soo much... he wouldn't have strengh to catch the stones enough times for them to start bleeding
    it depends on the amount of adrenaline the body has. when u push the body, u wont feel a thing while u are moving but after u stop completely, then ur body will be completely sore. anyone knows where i could find volumes 6-9??

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd try to revive this topic a bit.

I'm on volume 6 now so I'll be scanning raws as I get through them and you can read the rest.
    Right now there are 11 volumes out and volume 12 comes out in September. In Young Jump they're on about chapter 130 now. I'm gonna try getting an online subscription to import Young Jump, it's just really expensive to get over a long time. Plus they tend to arrive a few days after the street date doing it that way.

Hope people are enjoying this. Though to be fair, I started doing it just for myself.
    Bakana Haven stopped for whatever reason and OMGG Scans is doing it now. Very well in fact. Here's their site:
    http://www.omfggscans.com/
    Ya can get older chapters at the groups' site or at mangatraders or whatever.

Heiji does post the color pics in Young Jump though, which I only recently realized go pretty far back (all the way to 2006 for practically every manga magazine!) if you check his thread in Ritual Scan Forge.
    Here's a link to the last couple. YJ usually gives a color page whenever a new volume of something comes out. There aren't any spoilers:

Last edited by kewl0210; August 20, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love this manga. Thanks so much for translating it kewl0210. The art in this manga is amazing and even though there was a slight lull in the story for a while, the writing is incredible right now. I can't wait for chapter 103. I check OMFGG Scans website every day. I really wish this manga was licensed in English. I would buy every volume. It is a must read in my opinion.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The first cover posted in the opening post caught me already, and the first chapter even increased that. Definitly going to spend a while on it, looks and reads really great.
    At chapter 10 now: Hara Keito seems to be a potentially amazing side character

On a small sidenote: I just looked up the quotation at the end of vol. 3 by Wolfgang Güllich. What an ironical fate: A sports climber dying by the age of 32, but not in climbing but in a car accident.
    Does anyone know something about the authors? They seem to have a lot of knowledge about the climbing scene, I cannot imagine them to just invent all that stuff their characters talk about.

Personally I'm super bad with climbing, got weak hands Even more interesting to read a story about it though.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; January 30, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapters 107 and 108 are out thanks to OMFGG Scans. I think they may have put two chapter up by mistake like they have done before. Or they are just making up for missed days. Either way, I won't complain

Spoiler: my thoughts on 107 and 108 show

I thought this page was pretty cool:
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm at chapter 80 now, this story is super awesome.
    Great storytelling. The time jumps really losen up the story, I think this is a much better format then just telling it by chronology - it's well done, so it's not confusing with just a little focus while reading. Talking about the story of the K2 preperation mountain traversal here.
    The whole story is packed with breathtaking double spreads and great shots, both in portraits as well as in environmental images.
    The protagonist is really interesting, and the story rather deep.

I'm in love with this manga, absolutely worth reading.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast