Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kokou no Hito by Nabeta Yoshio & Sakamoto Shinichi

I'd have totally taken the happy ending as it was if I didn't read Sakamoto's end notes. It just really changes how I feel about the ending after learning about the real Buntarou. But meh.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Go read this if you haven't, guys. With everything done now... Feels good.
    If you didn't get it, when they said "the immortal Katou Buntarou died" it means like "that aspect of his personality died". Not the man himself.
    I never translated any of the ending biographies and interviews and stuff, because they're not related to the manga and they're extremely long. But I felt the part about Katou Buntarou at the end was worth doing.

Sakamoto-sensei is going to be starting a new series in YJ soon. It's mentioned on the uh... Miracle Jump site. He did a "pinup illustration" in issue 10 (I haven't seen it. If anybody has that issue let me know, or scan it). I'd like to maybe work on that, too. I love his style.
    I'd love it if he put out an art book or something.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm re reading the manga now. I'd say after oonishi's death the art and the story got more mature and it only got better from there.

And well what to say about Shiroi lol greatest character change ever seen in manga history.

If you were to translate sensei's new series I'd read it for sure and be very thankfull to you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also definitely love to read his new series. He did an outstanding job with Kokou no Hito and at the very least, I know the art in his new series will be great.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I'm re reading the manga now. I'd say after oonishi's death the art and the story got more mature and it only got better from there.

And well what to say about Shiroi lol greatest character change ever seen in manga history.

If you were to translate sensei's new series I'd read it for sure and be very thankfull to you.
    Around that point, Sakamoto-sensei started writing the story on his own. You may notice that on the covers it lists more than one author, then later on it's just Sakamoto. (Nitta Jirou wrote the novel the story is based on. But it was written in the 1960's and he died before this manga started, so he's not the author). The original story was by Nabeda Yoshirou in volume 1. Then both Nabeda Yoshirou and Takano You in volume 2. Then just Takano You in volume 3. Then he kept doing the story until volume 4. After that only Sakamoto Shinichi's name is listed. The art improved and I think the story did, too. In the beginning, as a lot of people have said, it seemed like it was gonna be a high school drama thing. Though it got taken in a different direction in the later sections of Part 1. And as it went on the art style inproved. A lot of it was really realistic, but it maintained enough creative style to not seem manufactured.
    Last edited by kewl0210; September 02, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the free solo guy that resembled mori's dead friend had another purpose in the story at the begining. Although the way Sakamoto closed his part in the story was very good considering that probably wasn't his plan. The way he died made me shiver. Tearing his own skin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He was just there to draw in the story of part 1. Which was the reason Buntarou was isolated and antisocial in the first place. Because his one friend tried to kill himself and he feels he let him do it. And then he had to change schools because of how ostracized he got. The guy was one of his first "pull towards being alone" influences, and the primary one in Part 1. He was the guy who said everybody else was wrong, breaking the rules, doing things your own way, and saying climbing alone is "cooler". The fact that he looked like his friend was coincidental, and was just a reminder to Buntarou to that, influencing him on a deeper level. There's no supernatural stuff in this manga, there's no crazy weird reason the guy looked like hid friend. (They both had names. The alive guy was named Hara...) Later it gets followed up by Yumi's life being screwed up "because of him" and then Oonishi dying.
    Last edited by kewl0210; September 02, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9