Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Will Perfect Crime Club make it to Jump?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I guess so. (Y)

26 52.00%
  • I dunno about that. (N)

10 20.00%
  • Can't tell. Damn you Ohba! (?)

14 28.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 10 (ch080-ch088) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 81 Discussion / 82 Prediction

I bet the next manga they write will be called "Bakuman"... i have a feeling this manga is going to end soon
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the people in the last thread predicted right about hattori suggesting they do a mainstream next
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would be sad if the manga ended in a 100ish number because you can easily squeeze out a few plots that are very fun.

Was a good chapter, didn't expect Miura to take Hattori with him to the studio though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best pages of the chapter were 14 and 17.

"I don't know about that" Yesssssss. That joke still makes me laugh

"That was your own idea." Seriously. Can you imagine if their wager had been even worse? We have to get serialized before the year ends, it has to rank higher than Eiji's two series before the 10th chapter, AND the first volume has to beat One Piece in sales.

I wish we had gotten an idea of the art in Magma Stopper. I'd love to see the young hero on his quest to throw the one ri-sword into the volcano. One does not simply manga their way into Mordor.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisru View Post
    Well I would be sad if the manga ended in a 100ish number because you can easily squeeze out a few plots that are very fun.

Was a good chapter, didn't expect Miura to take Hattori with him to the studio though
    Well, Bakuman is all about exploring the life of a mangaka, and there are all sorts of things that Ashirogi haven't experienced because they haven't truly been successful yet. They were on the brink of it with Trap when Saiko got ill, but there's at least some material left to make chapters out of.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda imagine that Saiko and Shujin will separate after they do a good manga together, and will compete.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman isn't coming to an end for at least a little longer, considering that it was announced to be animated (correct me if I'm wrong) on tv.

Frankly, though, Saiko and Shujin are pissing me off recently... but I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll remain silent on those issues.

But one thing that bothered me (and I hope flame free) is that, does anyone else get the feeling that the manga the two want to create isn't very tailored towards the general audience of "shounen jump"? There are a lots of great dark / mysterious / etc etc type manga that just doesn't belong on "shounen" category, such as Berserk or Gantz.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedNeko View Post
    Bakuman isn't coming to an end for at least a little longer, considering that it was announced to be animated (correct me if I'm wrong) on tv.

Frankly, though, Saiko and Shujin are pissing me off recently... but I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll remain silent on those issues.

But one thing that bothered me (and I hope flame free) is that, does anyone else get the feeling that the manga the two want to create isn't very tailored towards the general audience of "shounen jump"? There are a lots of great dark / mysterious / etc etc type manga that just doesn't belong on "shounen" category, such as Berserk or Gantz.
    obata isn't like other shonen jump mangaka, he only is doing series that have a definietely end. Hikaru no go, Bluedragon, Deathnote, all ended peacefully without getting too dragged out.

You can't compare those seinen with the work of Ashirogi muto. Sure, ashirogi muto is more seinen, but a complete different seinen style than berserk or gantz. Ashirogis are seinen because of their story and theme, while berserk and gantz are mainly seinen because they are heavy in gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They only have 1 last chance to make a great manga and they have to incorporate everything they have learned. Seems kinda forced, is anyone doubting they wont make a great manga?
    Devour this Manga

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree about this mangaka's predilection for finite endings. I actually like it even if it's a little bit forced like all those titles kibate mentioned (esp deathnote). At least he knows when enough is enough. Stories don't need to be 500+ chapters to be good. Even good stories like one piece loses some enthusiasm at some point, and lets face it, most readers don't want to be on the same story for over 10 years!

They may produce an end product inferior to niizuma but I doubt it seeing as to how most of the other titles by this author have "happy" endings. At the very least, the editors, niizuma, and team fukuda will acknowledge saiko and shujin as the best in japan (i think).

it'll be interesting to see how their "masterpiece" takes shape next chap

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ~FrienD~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought "The series is coming to an end!" when Hattori said to do everything without his advice?

Maybe I'm exaggerating... but now, they have to incorporate everything they've done in one last try... if they failed, it'll be the end for them.
    maybe there's still a few chaps to waste for shizuka, iwase, and the takagi couple and saiko's wedding, and what do we know maybe the author will put lots of new characters/events like making kato confess to saiko and being rival with Miho or another girl destroys saiko and miho's relationship.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman 82 Discussion / 83 Prediction

Chapter 82 RAW now out. Get it here!
    Last edited by Akiyama; April 15, 2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: updated to RTS

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 82 Discussion / 83 Prediction

nice to see more pages of those fictional manga, especially otters!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

the chapter is out in OM...
    O think Shoujin got it right when he thought about Hattori being "plotting" but looks like he's having a really hard time to create something.

I'm curious about Hattori letter... and they're in 2013!!!!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. He is definitely plotting something but I can't figure out what. Maybe the takeover of jump.

And I think Shujin is having a hard time writing because of it.

New Reply
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast