Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: We're looking at the Destroyer completely Wrong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We're looking at the Destroyer completely Wrong

We're looking at the Destroyer completely Wrong!

(i'm only delving into this idea briefly, as i don't want to do/take much work/time at the moment)

The Destroyer is Rafaela's gift to her fellow Claymores!

The Destroyer is Rafaela's power which it can infuse into other Claymores with its huge projectiles or from its hellcats' small projectiles!

The Destroyer is Rafaela's way of sharing/transfering her power into other Claymores.

Rafaela's secret is that she cares about the Claymores, that which Clare must know deep down inside herself.

Back in the chapter where Clare just kills the image thing of Rafaela, Clare receives Rafaela's mind, and the Destroyer emerges/awakens.

Clare comments about the Destroyer, ~"so this is the form/dream that you wanted in the end. The Twin Goddesses of Love"

I think the Destroyer was Rafaela's final wish, to create a being that could empower the other Claymores to finally defeat all their enemies (Priscilla and the Organization).

(HK's minor theory: Beth/Alicia were helped by the "infection", breaking their "obedience control" by the Organization, and regaining their own minds back). Dauf is using the "infection" to try to get revenge on Priscilla for (presumably) dead Riful. Dietrich is using the "infection" to free the AFs/AEs from the Organization's control over them.

Think of the Destroyer as a giant "power up item like in a video game" for the Claymores.

ultimately, I'm making a wild theory that Clare will let herself get impaled by a huge projectile just like Beth/Dauf was/is, which will break her "awakening complication mental block/wedge thingy" as we see it explained with the AFs/AEs from Dietrich in chapter 102. Clare will now be able to partially and/or fully awaken again, and Clare will be even more powerful from being infected with the Destroyer's/Rafaela's power! Clare will then take on Priscilla again and win.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Revyon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We're looking at the Destroyer completely Wrong

Very interesting theory on which for a moment I thought about myself, but then, watching the children awake trying to kill every living thing, I dropped this assumption. Now that you've put back into play, I'm beginning to revalue well. The discourse on the top 2 and daf is very well founded, the only problem is that once infected, you can go back?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well Beth was never taken over by the infection becoming a "mindless beast of destruction", so I think as long as the infected host has a strong mind/yoki power then they retain their own mind/soul/self.

examples:

Beth, Priscilla (well, she can't even be infected... which is a good thing. she doesn't need more power lol), Dauf (he clearly hasn't lost his mind. holding his beloved presumably dead riful and trying to get revenge on priscilla for killing his beloved riful), and even raki (well last we saw of him).

but as chapter 102 points out as well as Beth incident, the infection can break mental bonds apart.

Which Clare really needs right now, so she can awaken again and maybe kill Priscilla.

(infected Dauf ain't going to last long, especially not against Priscilla's awakened form. I can see this being very very quick, lol. As priscilla is very peeved at everyone interupting her from killing Clare, lol.)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 03, 2010 at 07:05 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Revyon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm trying to understand is if after being infected, the bodies of war as Claire, Helen and Deneve, could return as a human?

If they can maintain control of their minds (like Beth) could then fight the infection or remain in the state awakened / infected forever?

In the second case I doubt is a very positive thing for our warriors.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I assumed that Beth was special because of the soul link. But now I'm starting to wonder about it. If Claire heard the part about Dauf letting himself be infected to gain power to fight Priss, then I can see her doing the same. But the question is, how does it affect them mentally? Dauf went utterly berserk, but was it just because of the rods, or becuase of greif and hatred? Course it would be hilarious is Claire tried it, and nothing happened.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the problem is that Priscilla has quit "playing around". She's in/using her awakened body/form. PEEVED at everyone interfering with her KILLING of Clare.

Dauf is going to be killed in seconds. there's no way Deneve, Helen, or Clare have a chance now both at surviving Priscilla or even getting away from her.

unless Yagi has something else planned, Clare being able to awaken again (intentional impalement by a Destroyer's rod? Maybe Deneve or Helen will steal/pull out a Destroyer's rod from Dauf himself and impale Clare with it), is the only possible chance against Priscilla, otherwise we're going to lose some main characters.... lol.....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see how this could end up being true.For many chapters already it was stated by many different chars that the destroyer is something similar to a mindless weapon of destruction and as far as we can see its actions all point on that direction.I really cant see where u found rafaelas wish to empower claymores in a creature that so far only brought destruction.The kittens killed the entire vilage where raki was, so far they attacked and tried to kill anything that got in their way.Beth is quite a singular case, so far she is the only claymore we have seen getting infected (in the sense of not taking the parasite from her body before it took control) and she is not a good example because as far as we know she could have kept her mind due to her unique ability the soul link meaning she could be a unique case.Dauf is in a total different situation he saw his love being killed right in front of him and was left to die, he most likely took the spikes on his body as a desperate measure, something around the lines "i dont care what happens after but im gonna kill that woman", as u can see on the chapter and is stated by priscilla dauf is losing his mind he already forgot about riful even droping her body that he had picked up (he prolly picked up while he was still sane), most likely the only thing that is driving him is his hate for priscilla but i bet if given little time he would also lose that and become like thos mindless kittens (not like we gonna see it priscilla is gonna break him in seconds).Also Dietrich isnt freeing the AE because she cares about them, she is just using them as a weapon to fight the kittens.I find it more likely that priscilla awakening somehow affects and they end up fighting, even if all u said turned out to be true clare getting those spikes in her body would still be meanless, i didnt see beth getting a power up to me it looked like she was on par with her sister like as if she just had awakened as well but even if she did get a power up priscilla killed her like she was nothing and im sure clare is still inferior to the twins in every aspect (twins could fight and hurt riful all clare could do was run and hide).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare should have stayed inside/buried under/in/among the Destroyer's tentacled body, lol. If Clare hadn't come "out" of the Destroyer, this whole Priscilla situation might have been avoided....

New Reply