Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 27 and 28 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 27 and 28 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Quote:
    we all know that Atobe is batman, and if he loses badly, lots of fangirls would comit suicide, so Konomi you are warned...
    To avoid this scenario, he can easily have 3rd court win 3-1 with only Krauser winning to avoid Atobe having a battle with Irie, but I hope this doesnt happen. Its just 20 something chapters after the introduction of Irie and we still havent seen much of him.

If anything below 3rd court is fodder as Fayte said then the 3rd Court will be beasts. Maybe it could be S3, D2, S2, D1, S1 style?
    Last edited by Bowser; April 04, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

The SonoPuri stuff is actually only in the perfect editions. I dont know if some one will be scanning that or not since those are expensive and too nice to unbind.... ^^;;

I should be getting mine in a couple of weeks (assuming it ships quickly enough...GO USPS GO!).

It's hard to say how the matches will go right now.

Shiraishi and Akaya are both mostly Singles Players, so I dont know how well they'll work together. They have the highest chance of losing in the group, but I'll call it a win just because I like these two a lot and think that they can come up with some pretty awesome combinations.

Tachibana and Chitose are known comrades and have probably played doubles before when they were in Shishigaku. I'm really looking forward to their match. While, Saiki is indeed limited in doubles, I don't think it'll hinder Chitose too much. He still has quite the arsenal under his belt. I can possibly see Chitose evolving his Saiki in the match to be usable in doubles. (From what I read in Pair Puri, the only reason Saiki doesn't currently work in doubles is because there are too many factors present. Assuming a super high mental capacity of the user, I can see Saiki easily evolving to used in Doubles. Kinda like how Hyakuren evolved to be able to be moved to different limbs.) I see this being a win for the Middle Schoolers. Especially since both Tachibana and Chitose need to up their street cred since they've lost so often.

As for Krauser in S3, I'm unsure. We've only seen him in two matches. We know Devil Mode Akaya is better than him and the Richard is lower than him. It's a pretty huge gap right there in his opponents' strengths. I have a feeling Krauser may lose. I knwo everybody else want's him to win, but the guy he's facing looks like the Terminator....I can't imagine Krauser overpowering him enough to crucify him.

Tezuka vs. Yamato. I want Yamato to win and Tezuka to lose. I know we'll be getting some sort of flashback in this chapter of Yamato losing to Tezuka in the past and him going through some sort of self agony over it. After he left Seigaku he trained super hard and now he'll beat Tezuka. I like Yamato too much not to want him to win.

Atobe vs. Irie. Irie has a high chance of winning, but I don't think it'll be 6-0. Oni was the one who decided the line up, he knows Atobe has a chance of winning, otherwise he wouldn't have given Atobe the S1. I vote Atobe kills Irie by making an incredibly loud Hyoutei Chant appear in his head that he can't ignore. That's just the fanboy talking in me though. Given Atobe's love of long matches, I think it'll end in Tie Break. Don't know who's gonna win though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GP Kyo's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, let's just hope someone else scans it, it appears that the story is different from the ova.

About Saiki... After Tezuka used it and surpassed Chitose's, the latter just couldn't do anything. he lost 1-6. Okay, Tezuka is Tezuka and he can even kill dinosaurs.
    I'm possitive Chitose and Tachibana will win, they new some new development. though I like the ninja guy's look.

lol The funny part is that in the anime they depicted Yamato as he was 2 years ago XD... I liked his past appearance too
    Tennis is my art of war

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Atobe vs. Irie. Irie has a high chance of winning, but I don't think it'll be 6-0. Oni was the one who decided the line up, he knows Atobe has a chance of winning, otherwise he wouldn't have given Atobe the S1. I vote Atobe kills Irie by making an incredibly loud Hyoutei Chant appear in his head that he can't ignore. That's just the fanboy talking in me though. Given Atobe's love of long matches, I think it'll end in Tie Break. Don't know who's gonna win though.
    1)I'd love that ending

2)...
    Quote Quote:
    I think it'll end in Tie Break.
    It's an Atobe match. Of course it is.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GP Kyo's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to see the first match, I want to see Kirihara and Shiraishi, especially the latter. And as for the high schoolers, well, the ninja dude looks cool, but the other is just a creepy no-eyebrows guy... definitely not a bishie as Konomi usually does when designing his characters lol(he makes Oni look handsome XD)
    Tennis is my art of war

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

My bets are the same as most of the people.
    D2: Kirihara and Shiraishi will lose. They really need a good lose, to get a power-up for the next match. It would also show the strength of the high scholars, and the guy with the goatee is simply too cool to be defeated.

D1: Chitose and Tachibana need to win a real match. As Sai said, Saiki will evolve during the match to be used in doubles.

S3: This is my only doubt. My bet is that Mr.Glasses will be a Data Type, but VS Crausa's skills he won't be able to do a thing, like Inui and Kirihara in the Nationals

S2 Yamato will win, for sure. Poor Tezuka, two loses in two real matches in a row (Sanada and Yamato). But you know, the biggest the fall, the biggest the comeback

S1 Irie will destroy Atobe. Atobe needs to lose again to be Super Saiyaned in the next match.

Crazy bet of the month. Irie will destroy Atobe, and, in the end, he will told him that he is a doubles player
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Irie is definitely a singles player. I can just tell.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Irie strikes me as a singles player as well. And Kazuya strikes me as "Sir looks like Kiraku a look"

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    S3: This is my only doubt. My bet is that Mr.Glasses will be a Data Type, but VS Crausa's skills he won't be able to do a thing, like Inui and Kirihara in the Nationals
    I have to disagree with the bit about Data Type, as Sai mentioned, he looks like a terminator, looks intimidating to say the least...

So hows Yamato gonna win ? Remember, most of us though Sanada was gonna beat Yukimura and we were all wrong (we got lured by colour theory though) - so Yamato beat Tezuka theory please?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I have to disagree with the bit about Data Type, as Sai mentioned, he looks like a terminator, looks intimidating to say the least...

So hows Yamato gonna win ? Remember, most of us though Sanada was gonna beat Yukimura and we were all wrong (we got lured by colour theory though) - so Yamato beat Tezuka theory please?
    Here's my theory,

It's a known fact that most of Tezuka's matches had flashbacks in them. Yamato's match against him will be no different.

We're gonna see the match start, have a flashback of when Yamato was in Seigaku and how he lost to Tezuka and could never beat him. However, we'll probably see Yamato won all his other matches during his tenure in Seigaku. Yamato wanted to beat Tezuka. After he left Seigaku he probably trained his ass off and then the flash back ends. Yamato shows off the results of his training. Tezuka get's pwned. Kinda like the Tezuka vs. Kabaji match, except this time Kabaji is Tezuka and Tezuka is Yamato.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So in two years, he has to surpass Zero Shiki Drop shot, Zero shiki serve, Tezuka Zone, PoHW, PoGW AND Tezuka Phantom? Ehh well I guess you might have a point ...

I guess thats what we probably should expect then. Yamato is massive though - look at him compared to irie when they leave 4th court...

MAYBE Yamato deliberately lost to Tezuka during his years at Seigaku so it could boost the confidence of the team =S

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Yamato is even in the same radius as Irie, it should tell us he is pretty amazing. Court 3 is no joke.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga did mention on previous chapters that the first string of 20 players are away on korea for training.Is kazuya part of this first string?...or he's just the leader of the first court?.The manga also mentions there are only 8 people on the first courtt including kazuya.I'm guessing they're not the strongest after all.Hmm this first string...i wonder?
    Gentle Bite

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dashwen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is it just me?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

if you looked closely the eyebrows are the same XD

Well basic head shape and such too.

I bet you that scar has something to do with his training! his eyes we've never seen and people change their hair all the time.

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast