Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Riful is Still Alive?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 24.24%
  • No

43 65.15%
  • I'dont'know

7 10.61%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

If Riful was alive, she'd NOT let Dauf go kill himself....

she LOVES him, even more then herself!

(and he LOVES her, even more then himself!)

...Romeo and Juliet.....

I don't know what's more disturbing... imaging Dauf as Romeo or Riful as Juliet.... LOL
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 12, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Cmon, even Isley is dead. I think she's dead too... the abyssal ones can do nothing when it's a fight against those eaters. She fought them and Priscilla too ...
    And they talked about a dead girl's body so she should be dead.

85% dead 10% alive 5% something else

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

at this point, I think it is safe to say that Riful is probably dead, unless/until Yagi has her "return".

Especially with all that is going on now... it would be really bad or hard for Yagi to bring Riful "back from the dead", and inject her into all that's going on already now.

That's not to say that Riful can't still be alive and brought back... but it just seems (to me) to be impractical at this point in time with all that is going on and still to come... Riful just really doesn't have a place... anymore... with the exciting but very confusing... moving forward story of Claymore...

(and her Dauffy is dead... she has nothing to live for... except revenge.. on Priscilla.. lol)

------------------------------

the one significant possibility that i see:

Riful's flesh is used.... so in this way Riful could very well "come back" in a way... lol

(like how Teresa is possibly "still alive" inside Clare...)

---------------------------------------

but feel free to continue to discuss this here if anyone wants !!!

(maybe point out how wrong I am, that Riful is definately alive and coming back... hehe)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; August 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully she's still alive,i think the girls could use the help.their leader has biten it and the main character is joined with the enemy.riful had to be more resourceful than we've seen,it was just her and dauf.isley had an army maybe riful was stronger,she did mention she was worried about isley's new recruit priscella.maybe she is hiding somewhere?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful is dead ... definitely. The only way to see her again is to learn that the organization has used her flesh for another experiment XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@Post above me
    Worse thing is you're probably right, I wouldnt be surprised if the Organisation somehow retrieves the flesh of those who died (especially Miria :O) and somehow modify it to their liking. Clare V Modified Claymore W/Miria's flesh implanted anyone?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This manga has a knack for killing people un-poetically. We're talking each of the Abyss Lords all dying in an abrupt anti climactic manner.

Now it looks like Miria is also a victim to that boring way of dying. Anywho she doesn't really serve a purpose any more. Her original purpose was to show how powerful priscilla is, by priscilla completely owning her.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    actually many of the Eyes *ARE* accurate, the problem with this is that some beings can suppress/hide their yoki really well, even for these Eyes.

However, Blind Galatea was even able to sense Dietrich on the YSPs, and Teresa was even able to sense Rafaela despite her NYS. These are the two best Eyes of all time.
    Not to nit pick but when Teresa met Rafaela wasn't Rafaela still #2? I bring this up because during this time her sister would still be alive. Rafaela didn't start suppressing her Youki completely until after her sisters death from what I remember.

As far as I can tell Galatea is the strongest "eye" we've seen to date.
    Last edited by Vengeance; October 18, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exiled/banished Rafaela (which is when she met young trainee Teresa) was AFTER Luciela Awakened, becoming the 3rd Abyssal One, which is what caused Rafaela to be banished/exiled in the first place.

Exiled/banished Rafaela had been suppressing her yoki for however long (NYS=natural yoki suppression), BEFORE she than came across young trainee Teresa.

So, young trainee Teresa could/DID sense NYS Rafaela, whereas Blindness Enhanced God Eye Galatea could NOT sense the NYS Ghosts.

However, Blindness Enhanced God Eye Galatea WAS ABLE to sense the Claymores (Clarice, Miata, and Dietrich) on the YSPs (Yoki Suppression Pills), despite the Organization thinking that the YSPs would keep Miata and Clarice hidden from Galatea, hehe.

Unfortunately, there's no mention of the YSPs during Teresa's Era/chapters, so we don't know if Teresa could also sense Claymores on the YSPs or not.

--------------------------------------------------

Back during the Slashers chapters (the "spiderman" male AB battle), CLARE could sense JUST AS FAR as rank 3 God Eye Galatea could. But, Galatea could sense their emotions as well, whereas Clare could not sense Galatea's.

Now, obviously (well supposedly), Galatea's Yoki Sensing is much more powerful from her blindness, however, Clare too has improved, gotten more powerful, and so we don't know how good Clare is at Yoki Sensing (well we do somewhat, but not how good she is at far distance yoki sensing), so we are unfortunately, unable to compare present, Clare vs Galatea.

---------------------------------------------

the strongest Eye's (good at yoki sensing):

(ONLY in order of their Claymore timeline)

Rafaela, Teresa, Irene, Priscilla, Galatea, and Clare*

runner up: (obviously) Renee, and Alicia+Beth

Probably were powerful Eyes when they were Claymores: the Abyssal Ones (Isley, Riful, and maybe Luciela)

*Clare could sense and identify Awakened Priscilla's yoki as a mere human!, before she ever became a Claymore!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 19, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Riful didn't want Dauf to die, the fact that she's left with her upper body, meant that she is not capable of intervening.. much less convince Dauf with her voice, as he was both overwhelmed by rage and the usual emotions...of losing someone. together with the Destroyer's projectile.

If Riful didn't die... then during that scene she must have loss conciousness...though that is highly improbable.. even then the battle took place between Pris and Dauf would probably obliterate their surroundings.. meaning a grim prospect for Riful.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might be alive. I rely on its special form awakening, his head could be embed and could be partially destroyed, "Chapter 93 Example", Riful yet still alive.
    Then, by the attack of Priscilla, just went through his head, I do not think she died.
    Then, when dropped, his head is still intact on his shoulders. For that reason I think Riful could be alive.
    Although I have to admit, as yagi developed Chapter 102, suggests that Riful died.
    Last edited by su5so; December 27, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful is dead dead dead. Half of her torso has been ripped off. Remember what happened to Veronica and Undine when Rigardo went wild? That's the type of carnage that we saw when Dauf casually tossed her corpse aside to deal with Priscilla. Riful maybe strong but even she admited that Priscilla surpassed her.

I have to say, those are the two characters that I dispised the most. Dauf is a brainless idiot that delights in the sorrow and pain of others. In fact, he takes great pleasure in inflicting the damage. Riful appears to be the physical counterpart of the Organization. She carelessly and without remorse tortures her own kin and tosses them aside when they no longer suit her needs. Remember how she non shalantly ordered Dauf to kill Katia (Witch's Maw)? Never thought I would ever say this but: Thank you Priscilla! At least she's done some good...
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she's pretty much dead. She didn't have any Yoki Power to do anything.

This is the part were Riful ending came:
    http://www.mangareader.net/485-43815...hapter-99.html

This is just Riful corpse.
    http://www.mangareader.net/485-49923...apter-102.html
    Last edited by Joe7133; December 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but she's deader than the proverbial door nail.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why is she dead, what evidence do you use to support your view that Riful's dead?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast