Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Riful is Still Alive?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 24.24%
  • No

43 65.15%
  • I'dont'know

7 10.61%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

You know, I'm going to have to retract my post up there because Miria is alive. Yagi like to bring the dead back alive. LOL! I mean, we saw Miria got hacked and her hand flew off. Same goes for Riful and I'm thinking twice now.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We only saw Miria's hand/arm, not the rest of her body. As was shown in the manga, the other warriors only dealt non fatal wounds to her, so she could recover.

We saw Riful on the other hand as only an upper torso and she could no longer regenerate, so there is no chance of recovery. She's dead.

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Using that, it doesn't look good for Clare than, as she too has no lower body and can't Regenerate,
    \

But Clare was absorbed by the yoki blob. Her body halves were absorbed at slightly different times. Addtionally, Galatea can still sense Clare's yoki so she's still with us. There was no such reading with Riful. Clare still has hope, Riful does not. That and Clare's upper body was still alive before being adsorbed. Riful's was just laying on the ground.
    Last edited by rcfalcon; April 14, 2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Mod Response

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if Teresa comes back from the dead then all bets are off! I'm talking about the big 3 that are on the works. Hopefully Teresa is still dead and remains dead.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7133 View Post
    Hey, if Teresa comes back from the dead then all bets are off! I'm talking about the big 3 that are on the works. Hopefully Teresa is still dead and remains dead.
    Teresa still has hope of returning via Clare in the blob. I don't think Dae has her, or if he does, it's minus the head since that is what was most likely used to implant Teresa into Clare so I don't think it will be via the "big 3". If she does return, it will be through the blob. At least that's what I think.

Riful has no such hope. Other than Dauf, no one cared about her and he's dead too.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

after rereading chapter 98 or 99...priscilla mentioned that the town was not enough,and that this time she would deal with the taste(presumably of an AO).so i assume she devoured riful offscreen...before advancing toward clare,helen and deneve.
    poor riful...because i really enjoyed her character and her antics.even being an AO...she was the most human out of the three.isley and luciella were cold-blooded killers toward claymores and humans alike...with raki only being spared because of priscella.we seen isley in the end was actually in priscella's grace and not the otherway around...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla didn't eat one half of Riful's body (Infected Dauf was holding her half body as he pummeled Priscilla), and we don't know if she ate the other half that Dauf wasn't holding in his hand or not. And obviously, she never ate Dauf either (even though he's only a rank 3, and not an AO-rank1, he could still provide her some "power nurishment", yet she didn't eat him).

Remember that Priscilla first went and took some gobbles out of Infected Awakened Beth, and we see afterwards, AO Alicia and AO Beth destroyed-demolished into pieces all over the ground, which isn't exactly suggestive of Priscilla feasting upon them, laughs.

We also don't know if Priscilla ate the Hellcats, nor if she went to other towns, devouring their human inhabitants.

------

Though, if Priscilla didn't eat A+B, and thus possibly not Riful either, then how did she deal with her hunger, how did she restore her power then?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 02, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

just guessing,but maybe only a little bit of sustainance does it...kinda like the claymores.maybe this is what it is to be awakened...the thirst and hunger is never really satisfied.priscella may have been feeding on her own body to get by...that may have been the reason she became the size of a child.
    riful,i just assumed that she too was snacked upon...like alicia or beth or both
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's established that "food" in the Claymore world is the same as in our real world.

The more you exercise, the more energy (food-calories and oxygen-ATP-ADP), minerals, and etc, that you use up, and which needs to be replenished.

It's the same with Awakeneds, the more Power-Energy (Energy = Yoki) they have and the more they use up of it, the more "hungry" they will be, as they need to eat more, to replenish all that used up Power-Energy. Priscilla having the largest Power-Yoki Level, thus needs to eat a lot more than others, if she uses up lots of that immense amount of Power-Yoki of hers. Notice how after just a little "physical activity" (killing Sophia+Noel and nearly so of Irene) at how immediately and how much "famished-hungry" Priscilla was, so little "exercion". Also note that Priscilla was again famished-hungry after presumably killing the Hellcats for Raki. Though, we must also note that Priscilla wasn't at full power (as she was fasting - as seen by her being "Chiba" Priscilla), while she had the Destroyer and Clare-Teresa, so theorizingly she also "engorged" to "power up herself back to full power due to needing to do so to face off against the Destroyer and Clare-Teresa", which we see as she eats the Ticheri humans (while alive or dead - after the Hellcats kiled them and/or town falling debris crushed them, lol is open for debate) and then flies off to feast-"power up" further (as the Humans weren't enough "substance" for regaining the full power of herself that she needed) on Infected Awakened Beth, except she only takes some chomps out of Infected Awakened Beth's back's "guts", lol.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Riful, Could Be Still Alive??

hege...i'm thinking about what clare told raki in the beginning.she did just kill a youma and we seen she was tired from walking...she mentioned about not eating much.because,they don't need much to sustain themselves...i was refering to AO or awakenes as indulgers of gluttony.just because they can do it...while a lowly youma has to masquerade around as a human.not disagreeing with you...but if i was a claymore and went one day without eating...i would awaken(SNAP).so it is only common sense(i'm not very commom) to say that the top-notchers like the priscellas,isleys,rifuls and luciellas would not necessary have to feed to say...power up...as much as a regular claymore.i think they are like sharks in a frenzy when they decide to eat...as long as there is food...they will gorge themselves.like i said"because they CAN"...lol

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we've ever seen an AO feed... except Cassandra...
    (well, maybe Infected Awakened Beth, feasting upon Cynthia... but we don't know, as it was never seen-shown)

Only Priscilla and Isley were mentioned in regards to Fasting (not eating or eating meagerly) due to being with Raki. However, Isley never shrunk, so I theorize that Priscilla's shrinking was HER OWN INTENTIONAL DOING, and not from Fasting, as if it was, then Isley would have been "Chiba" Isley along with "Chiba" Priscilla.

Priscilla = "I'm Hungry"
    Ophelia = "I'm Hungry"
    Lido "Spiderman" male AB = "I'm Hungry"
    Gonahl "Wyvern" female AB = "I'm Hungry"
    and probably more

-----------------------------

Claymores are a "freak of nature", they don't belong being the link between a NY~Human and an Awakened.

Everything about a Claymore is antagonistic to the NY and Awakened, so how can they be the link between a NY and an Awakened?
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; February 03, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she is, but I'm sure she isn't.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So, what do you think about the recent events?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Until I see Chapter 133 for myself I will say nothing.

It may be Riful, but it's because of Chronos why is all this messed up do decide.
    In this point it's far fetched, but we shall see in few days...
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3