Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Least favorite arc?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Morgan Arc

1 1.10%
  • Buggy the Clown Arc

1 1.10%
  • Captain Kuro Arc

9 9.89%
  • Baratie Arc

0 0%
  • Arlong Arc

1 1.10%
  • Loguetown Arc

0 0%
  • Laboon Arc

6 6.59%
  • Whiskey Peak Arc

1 1.10%
  • Little Garden Arc

1 1.10%
  • Drum Island Arc

0 0%
  • Arabasta Arc

2 2.20%
  • Jaya Arc

1 1.10%
  • Skypiea Arc

8 8.79%
  • Davy Back Fight Arc

34 37.36%
  • Water 7 Arc

0 0%
  • Enies Lobby Arc

7 7.69%
  • Post-Enies Lobby Arc

0 0%
  • Thriller Bark Arc

15 16.48%
  • Sabaody Archipelago Arc

0 0%
  • Amazon Lily Arc

1 1.10%
  • Impel Down Arc

1 1.10%
  • Marineford Arc

1 1.10%
  • Post-War Arc

1 1.10%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What is your least favorite story arc in One Piece?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner peleihno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your least favorite story arc in One Piece?

I HATED Skypeia, that was the worst arc I ever saw in OP. It's one of the worst manga arcs I have seen all together. Oda is a great writer, yet I don't know what happened then.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And what made you think so? Without any reasoning I can't understand what should be so bad about it? Oda introduced sky islands to us, revealed another kind of humanoid species[the wings] and introduced us further into the history of the world while giving us a hint of Rogers journey and power.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Quaro1987's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Thriller Bark. The enemies were annoying as hell, and it was one of the most boring places they have ever visited. The only thing that almost made me like the arc, was when the entire straw hat crew minus Luffy and Nami teamed up to defeat Oars/Oz. I thought it would be cool for once for the crew to defeat a very powerful villain, plus I always love teamwork battles. But in the end it was Luffy who defeated Oars on his own.

Why 7 votes on Kuro arc? It wasn't great when compared with things to come, but at the time it was pretty good. Also who voted Enies Lobby :O

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    And what made you think so? Without any reasoning I can't understand what should be so bad about it? Oda introduced sky islands to us, revealed another kind of humanoid species[the wings] and introduced us further into the history of the world while giving us a hint of Rogers journey and power.
    Everyone has a dislike arc more or less unless you are really a hardcore fan of Oda(super blinded) there is at least one you must have not like that much unlike the rest even without reason

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    To be honest... I hated the Thriller Bark Arc and I HATED Brook... I mean I really hated his character.. He was just, an awful character... Somehow I actually like him now though... But I still wanna spit on Moria..

I liked Perona
    I liked the appearance of Kuma
    I love what Zoro did for his captain
    I hated Moria
    I was disgusted by Hogback & Absolam (he's a border-line rapist)
    Oars was okay
    To this day, I still don't know if I like Nightmare Luffy

But to be perfectly clear... the reason it suffered the most it came after the CP9 saga... that is a ridiculously hard act to follow... It wasn't until the Strawhats were utterly defeated that I was able to enjoy the manga (that was one hell of a curve ball)

a antagonist being hated means that the antagonist is good/well done/well played since antagonist are to be hated not loved
    Last edited by elitefox; January 30, 2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CLEANED

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner peleihno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I never cared for the whole sky island approach. I know when reading a manga one should leave logic at the door, but this was kind of... Anyway, the enemies were dumb of the most part. Though I did not like Enel as a character, his god complex was good for an enemy. Also his fruit was a great one, though he himself was not amazing.

The humanoid race was nothing to go on about imo, of course this is subjective. The poneglyph and roger's message, such a small small part of the arc, was interesting but could have happened anywhere. Honestly Robin finding this stuff was the best part of the arc. I could not bare that arc. I could have lived without it. If you like all the arcs then by all means do, but it's not like that for me. Either way Oda is still a great mangaka.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peleihno View Post
    I never cared for the whole sky island approach. I know when reading a manga one should leave logic at the door, but this was kind of... Anyway, the enemies were dumb of the most part. Though I did not like Enel as a character, his god complex was good for an enemy. Also his fruit was a great one, though he himself was not amazing.

The humanoid race was nothing to go on about imo, of course this is subjective. The poneglyph and roger's message, such a small small part of the arc, was interesting but could have happened anywhere. Honestly Robin finding this stuff was the best part of the arc. I could not bare that arc. I could have lived without it. If you like all the arcs then by all means do, but it's not like that for me. Either way Oda is still a great mangaka.
    skypeia will end up being a significant part of the story. the 3 races of people and enel, i think will play a role in the void centuries history.

anyway thriller bark was the worst....the only reason i suffered through it was because i figured brook would join.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    a antagonist being hated means that the antagonist is good/well done/well played since antagonist are to be hated not loved
    Not necessarily. Part of the reason I disliked (read: still liked it, just less than the other arcs) the TB arc was because after Lucchi and CP9, Moria paled in comparison as a villain. You can "hate" a villain for their personality, which depends on the skill of a writer, or you can "hate" a villain simply because their role as a villain may not have been fulfilled to your satisfaction. For instance, I felt that getting back their shadows was much less of a looming threat than the one experienced during the Enies Lobby arc, when the SHs were essentially going head-on against the WG and there were plenty of twists to keep us at the edge of our seats. The fact that until the Going Merry showed up, I could find no logical way for the SHs could escape their final predicament, when compared to the TB arc, when defeating Moria was only a matter of when, rather than how, was what made EL much better in quality in my opinion. 'Course Kuma established that threat later, but that felt more like the denouement rather than the climax.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

haha I guess

but hate the character as antagonist is a good thing
    but not satisfied of the character as antagonist is a bad thing

Well, I did like the thriller bark arc and some moria because moria have some insights of the new world and come back defeated. we also have seen a pirate that uses his powers as summon/many allied beings to aid him in power. This is what I don't like the most of all powers, summon/calling a being to fight for you so he is already have a bad impression on me.

Well what interest me in that arc is that they really depend on Luffy as the captain and Luffy needed much help against a shichibukai and not put an ass pull power from himself to defeat moria. moria is strong but not as strong as what the other shichibukai are.

jimbei is strong, can even fight on land but 50% power lol and on tie with ace even. but who would fight a fishman underwater though... oh yeah Sanji
    CLEANED

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i read the all 600 chapters in less than 2 weeks and of course i liked alot more arcs than others. the beggining isnt anything special, it is good. In my oppinion OP only started getting great when they we they got to water7 , until then it was good , with moments better than others but i kinda think that the strengt of OP his definetily the beggining. o for me it only started being very good when they arrived to water7 , arcs like davy back fight was just ...... and worse than that for me it was skypea . i think its interesting the fact that there is islnads on the sky but i dont know when i was reading i was only hoping to reach the end, cuz some parts were very annoying. Since water7 till now its being great, not counting with thriller bark of course, it was so damm boring. i think the problem of the skypea and thriller bark is that oda took to much time to do the thinks , we was slow, and that made it boring , despite the fatc that those arcs are not that bad , cuz in one SH discover and managed to get to the sky island and the other we get to know another shichibukai. the only arc that was boring and the history behind it was super weak was davy fight , if it wasnt the appearance of aokiji it would have been just terrible, but even with this said i will give the worst arc to skypea cuz oda could have made it alot alot more interesting and not as boring as almost everyone think it is

Quote Originally Posted by Quaro1987 View Post
    Why 7 votes on Kuro arc? It wasn't great when compared with things to come, but at the time it was pretty good. Also who voted Enies Lobby :O
    lol i also cant understand the reason for voting enies lobby as the worst arc lol oO
    Last edited by jorped; February 04, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I don't think that many people think Skypiea is boring, if you check here, it's even one of the favorite one. Personnaly I put it in a higher place than the marineford arc. The strorytelling and the pace where much better and Skypiea flashback is also better than Luffy's one

And davy back is not boring. You can call it uninteresting but it's not boring

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Davy Back Fight and Skypeia are actually among my top 5, mostly because they focus on the SHs as a crew. The 2nd match for Davy Back Fight was my favorite part, with the Zoro/Sanji tag team; but the entire arc focused on the SHs rather than the villains. Skypeia was mostly the same deal, with the storyline as a background and highlighting how great the SHs were as a group. I feel like Thriller Bark might have had a similar purpose with all the team fights, but unfortunately the slow pace slightly ruined it.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My least favourite arc is tied between Davy back fight and Thriller bark cause I find both arcs boring and ridiculous. Nuff said. -_-
    Last edited by Shojin; February 06, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thriller Bark really DIDN't do it for me.
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say skipia arc but then i saw davy back fight arc and i went... oh its true there was such an arc.. guess it was so bad my mind tried to get rid of that memory

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are the 4 chapters after they leave the Enies Lobby Island seperated into the "Post Enies Lobby arc"? When really it was just the wrap up of the events from Enies Lobby.

Same with "Post-War Arc" thing. That's only, what, one flashback + 3 chapters?

Just saying it seems a bit silly when you have to compare the long arcs such as Enies Lobby with these made-up short arcs with nothing in them of consequence.

And I voted Little Garden arc. Mr 3 wasnt a good villain for me (and he was teamed with a collection of c-grade villains), the giants were overrated then understated, I couldnt relate to Zoro half cutting his legs off and Ussop "saving the day" was a terrible character development. Also: Dinosaurs? Really?

Interesting how everyone's going for Thriller Bark or Davy Back fight, but I understand that really they were heavily overshadowed by the W7/EL saga which they border.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast