Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Psyren has been licensed by Viz

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psyren has been licensed by Viz

Dholaki actually looks more like Shinji. Maybe a Shinji-Nnoitra combo ? And although Psyren seemed pretty unoriginal at the start, its actually turned out to be pretty unique, at the very least for a shounen series serialized in Jump.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner niiica's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

I actually prefer reading manga online over the official release.

Maybe it's because I'm REALLY addicted to reading manga online.
    Seriously? I don't want to start a whole argument with this, but you live in the US. It's licensed. The least you can do is support the people who brought this piece of work for the scanlators for you to read and enjoy.
    My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, it's been licensed, but has it been acutally published yet?
    i do prefer online over books, but i buy them when i get the chance (plus cool merchendise if they make/sell it in US)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be published in December 2010 according to ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ted-in-english

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Psyren has been licensed by Viz

Quote Originally Posted by niiica View Post
    Seriously? I don't want to start a whole argument with this, but you live in the US. It's licensed. The least you can do is support the people who brought this piece of work for the scanlators for you to read and enjoy.
    I believe he meant that he felt more comfortable reading manga online than reading from an actual book. Of course buying a legal copy is a good cause, but I think that since many libraries these days are updating their shelves & collections, buying manga books have become totally pointless.

The public library at my city updates their "Manga & Comic" collections monthly with great expense. I believe that our library's website has a option in which people are able to request for certain books or items that my local library is able to obtain. And since my public library is more likely to buy 2 of each manga or comic, it makes things allot more interesting for me.

Also, not many comic book stores or any 'Barnes & Nobles' markets contain the latest of the bunch in their shelves. It's not like the majority of these viewers are loyal to manga-kas and buy the official releases. It all depends on the circumstances, and if your able to obtain such things at a current age. (a credit card, parents approval, enough money, etc.)

All I am saying is that even if an actual person is capable of buying a material, doesn't mean they will be a perfect loyal fan and buy it. Especially when that particular person has a high quality printer & printing a high quality release from decent scanlation groups. Not every human does the right thing.

All in all, I think it should NOT be much a surprise for people not able to buy a legal release since it should be the most common thing when they have knowledge of "good manga sites" & are very comfortable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It'll be published in December 2010 according to ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ted-in-english
    BTW, is Shueisha & Shonen Jump - the same thing?
    Last edited by Wowzers; May 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: please don't talk about banned members

|| AnimanGa News: 11/13-11/18 || .GIF Thread || Genius - Choice? ||

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shueisha is the publishing company which owns Shounen Jump.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Psyren has been licensed by Viz

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblade View Post
    Shueisha is the publishing company which owns Shounen Jump.
    Also, don't you find it strange that we see official subbed releases of anime series (Naruto Shippuden) but lack the manga translation releases in English? Even dubbed anime series have a faster rate in releases than a manga translation release. Why is that?

If America or any country wants to show a dubbed anime or subbed anime in their country, they should release the manga first before the anime is seen. that way the manga gets more sales.

"Avatar: The Last Airbender"
    -The people who made this series, wanted to create a respectable manga for it, but felt it was already too late since the anime is already out. But fans were arguing for them to actually do it, since it may bring allot more unanswered questions for particular episodes and also continue where the last & final episode finished off.

So I guess if an animation is very loved, then a manga may still be bought regards to that. Even "DragonBall, Inuyasha, etc." manga copies are still in the high end.

Maybe when the Psyren Series goes anime, then we'll be seeing allot more loyal fans buying the legal manga volumes.

|| AnimanGa News: 11/13-11/18 || .GIF Thread || Genius - Choice? ||

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

For whatever reason, print media is dying off in America. As it relates to comics, the American comic industry has been slowly decreasing in sales for years. When it comes to anything in the entertainment industry, I find that there's an attitude of "rather watch it than read it". That's my only explanation.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect American Shonen Jump to print the first 3 chapters of Psyren this Fall. Both Bakuman and Toriko had a 3 issue preview during a run of 3 months, Psyren is bound to hop on that band wagon. So American readers might be able to see a hard copy of Chapter 1 in the September/October issue. I'm sure Viz will do a an official announcement of Psyren at Comic Con just like last year with new titles.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Well yes, anything u wanna know is in bakuman, plus if u read publication like death note vol 13 ur gonna have a better idea why they do use (need) assistants.

1) It dependes on the series, the length of the chapters and the complex of the draw, as example we have d gray man, bakuman, death note, gantz, this kind of work that usea many screentones and have detailed drawns of backgrounds and similar things.
    2) No, almost all have at least 1 or 2 (or more) but some of then no beacuse they just dont need them
    3) refere to answer #2
    4) refere to answer #1
    5) Actullay yes they did. almos all the composition the character design, expresion pose, bubble text and basic background are done by the mangakaa themselfes, but the asistants make the works of inking, full the blakc areas, put the screens, even the artis of death note said he made their asistan draw thing he wasnt so good at like vehicles, o the gianta pices of puzzle and games near used
    6) No, but Hoshino said that time to times he got some ideas from the random conversation he have with his asistants
    7) nah
    8) yes, some cases the asistant do the errands for the mangakas

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garf03 View Post

Well yes, anything u wanna know is in bakuman, plus if u read publication like death note vol 13 ur gonna have a better idea why they do use (need) assistants.

1) It dependes on the series, the length of the chapters and the complex of the draw, as example we have d gray man, bakuman, death note, gantz, this kind of work that usea many screentones and have detailed drawns of backgrounds and similar things.
    2) No, almost all have at least 1 or 2 (or more) but some of then no beacuse they just dont need them
    3) refere to answer #2
    4) refere to answer #1
    5) Actullay yes they did. almos all the composition the character design, expresion pose, bubble text and basic background are done by the mangakaa themselfes, but the asistants make the works of inking, full the blakc areas, put the screens, even the artis of death note said he made their asistan draw thing he wasnt so good at like vehicles, o the gianta pices of puzzle and games near used
    6) No, but Hoshino said that time to times he got some ideas from the random conversation he have with his asistants
    7) nah
    8) yes, some cases the asistant do the errands for the mangakas
    I'm nit-picky, so don't take it personally: Hoshino is a SHE.
    well. I don't think judging by art style should count toooo too much: we should concentrate on plot and characters. Yeah, psyren and bleach started out having nearly the same art style - but even bleach wasn't always like that (reread the first couple chapters of bleach and psyren; see my point?) now, if you compare current psyren style to first few chapters and then to those of bleach, there is an obvious difference. even mangaka's sometimes need help from other mangaka's art wise before they get their own thing going.
    plot wise, psyren is quite a ways off from bleach.
    who's nick simmons? o.O''

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    I'm nit-picky, so don't take it personally: Hoshino is a SHE.
    well. I don't think judging by art style should count toooo too much: we should concentrate on plot and characters. Yeah, psyren and bleach started out having nearly the same art style - but even bleach wasn't always like that (reread the first couple chapters of bleach and psyren; see my point?) now, if you compare current psyren style to first few chapters and then to those of bleach, there is an obvious difference. even mangaka's sometimes need help from other mangaka's art wise before they get their own thing going.
    plot wise, psyren is quite a ways off from bleach.
    who's nick simmons? o.O''
    dont worry, my mistake....
    and yes some artist have similar styles in drawing, meaby cause some of them see other ones as motivation or in some cases cause they are former asistants... a really good cause is the one of eichiro oda and hiro mashima;s styles, they arent related in any way but they styles are actually the same (here is an explanation http://activeanime.com/delreyblog/?p=129)

PD> the thing about simmons is true or a joke question??

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a gene simmons (kiss anyone?), but i've never heard of a bleach plagiarism issue involving a nick simmons....so.......yeah.
    thanks for the Fairy Tail vs. One Piece article: I got into Fairy Tail and Psyren at nearly the same time, so it was a lol moment when the two new series strongly resembled Bleach and One Piece respectively.
    But like i said, i look for plot/character similarities rather than style. I can't draw cartoons/manga for life, and if i do it resembles a series that i read on a daily basis *coughDGMcoughBleachcough*

so i think people need to concentrate on plot for psyren. If anything i predict popularity, b/c future and unknown (ie, cosmos, galaxy ect.) is topic in US that gets quite a bit of attention =)

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really happy that they are using the official cover.
    They usually do that balk thingie with the volume number and author really boring.
    But the newer series they release (like WaqWaq and Bakuman) has the official cover.
    So I am glad that Psyren didn't came earlier, because it would otherwise had the same stupid balk thingie.

Here is the cover (sorry that it's so small, couldn't find a bigger one):

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that picture. I too like it when the licensee uses the same cover art for the mangas that the original publisher used. I find it more true to the original artist's intentions, and that is a good thing.

Not that the original publisher didn't have a say in the cover art, I'm sure!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast