Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Everyone in Naruto is suicidal

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member e-dog's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everyone in Naruto is emo

Quote Originally Posted by Kusachu View Post
    Actually, kamikaze is NOT considered suicide at all. Same with harakiri. In both cases death was considered the only option available and therefore by self killing they were dying with honor as opposed to dying a dog's death. If you want to get technical in the issue of kamikaze though, you could even stretch so far as to say that many kamekazi pilots were "murdered" by superior officers because they were often volunteered for the assignment against their will and to refuse it would only equal death anyway.

On the topic of Naruto and suicidal people, well, suicide as an "honorable" act is/was a pervasive thought in Japanese culture from what I have researched, and therefore it is probably so in the mind of the author as well.

Even still, almost every character in the series has either committed suicide or been killed by someone committing suicide. It's old, tired, and used up.

Heck, how many people have actually been murdered outright? Yuura was murdered by Naruto and those few from Rain that Gaara killed during the chuunin exam, Well, pretty much everone that Gaara killed (which is why Gaara owns) um...some of the people that Orochimaru killed I guess. All the people Itachi murdered...Kakashi killed Kakuzu, though it wasn't really shown...

But really, almost all of those are fodder. I was so effing happy when Pain started mass murdering all of the Konoha ninja and then WHOOPS!! They all get to come back because Nagato killed himself. Boo.

The whole issue of death in the story is so watered down it just doesn't have any impact anymore.

After reading that, I suddenly do not want Itachi to come back to life
    He's special! He's 1 of those guys who actually stays the fuck dead for a change.
    Offtopic: Doesnt ayone else here think that Edo Tensei sounds strangely similar to Pedo Sensei?

IT--

http://fc70.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/316/8/5/Tribute_to_Uchiha_Itachi_by_sadekgeidan.jpg

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everyone in Naruto is suicidal

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4 View Post

second hokage: acts as a decoy and lets the younger generation escape
    The bounty hunters are pretty must similar to Akatsuki back then.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everyone in Naruto is emo

Quote Originally Posted by Kusachu View Post
    Actually, kamikaze is NOT considered suicide at all. Same with harakiri. In both cases death was considered the only option available and therefore by self killing they were dying with honor as opposed to dying a dog's death. If you want to get technical in the issue of kamikaze though, you could even stretch so far as to say that many kamekazi pilots were "murdered" by superior officers because they were often volunteered for the assignment against their will and to refuse it would only equal death anyway.

On the topic of Naruto and suicidal people, well, suicide as an "honorable" act is/was a pervasive thought in Japanese culture from what I have researched, and therefore it is probably so in the mind of the author as well.

Even still, almost every character in the series has either committed suicide or been killed by someone committing suicide. It's old, tired, and used up.

Heck, how many people have actually been murdered outright? Yuura was murdered by Naruto and those few from Rain that Gaara killed during the chuunin exam, Well, pretty much everone that Gaara killed (which is why Gaara owns) um...some of the people that Orochimaru killed I guess. All the people Itachi murdered...Kakashi killed Kakuzu, though it wasn't really shown...

But really, almost all of those are fodder. I was so effing happy when Pain started mass murdering all of the Konoha ninja and then WHOOPS!! They all get to come back because Nagato killed himself. Boo.

The whole issue of death in the story is so watered down it just doesn't have any impact anymore.
    Did I say a word like "suicide" ? I just said we shouldn't be surprised. Besides the thread title was different when I posted.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nunaitachi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

ummmm.....just cause Ninjas HAVE to die...

kkkkkkk.

Would you rather:

1.) Die of old age, wrinkled, full of pain, full of diseases, not able to piss or take a s*** by yourself, etc, etc, etc

OR

2.) Die like a hero to save someone or something else.

hum....to me it seems like a pretty obvious choice.
    KAMIKAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
    BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The only sane person in the anime/manga series is TenTen...
    She doesnt want revenge...
    She doesnt chase noone...
    She doesnt have any kind of complex :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys should not be focusing on the characters of the story but the person who is writing the manga. The Naruto manga is a reflection of the writer Kishi. Normally you can't really tell what is in the mind of a writer if they write a book that takes a day to read, but the Naruto series has been going on for a long, long time. For years we have been reading into the mind of Kishi and he's been letting everyone know that he's the one who is suicidal. I'm sure if the moment presented itself he would try to take as many lives as he could like a suicide bomber. You can also say that he may hate his best friend and would like to kick his ass, but at the same time he would like to make amends and be friends again. You can also say that Kishi growing up was a loser and nobody liked him and he had a hard time getting the girl. So hopefully Kishi finishes the manga before he decides to commit to killing everyone around him in a single blast and end his life in this world. In a way he's just letting everyone know that when a person dies it should be for a purpose.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hio's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/18/
    Only Kakashi's father Sakumo commited suicide, the rest was just kamikaze what Suzaku said

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL never thought of it that way.

Now that I think about it you can even put Itachi in this category as he wanted to die by the hands of Sasuke.

Same for Sakura, so dumb. Thought she could kill Sasuke = very suicidal

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveak47 View Post
    LOL never thought of it that way.

Now that I think about it you can even put Itachi in this category as he wanted to die by the hands of Sasuke.

Same for Sakura, so dumb. Thought she could kill Sasuke = very suicidal
    I think she could...

kill naruto first before sasuke then go kill herself

any off topic

Most the names mentioned have died for a cause, good/bad cause, it is up to them if it is worthy or should be regretted after life

RIP Whitebeard
    CLEANED

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShadowFlame's Avatar
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Everyone in Naruto is suicidal

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    In every one of those situations, the people you mentioned were already at the end of their rope. None of them hastily chose death.

The only real suicidal character in the series is Hidan. He has NO problem stabbing himself in the chest. Granted, he doesn't actually die, but still.
    well everyone would expect and logically in the high of battle would choose to do a last stand than accept defeat even if the opponent is many tiers higher in power.

yet is still amusing and enjoyable to have a few shakespearen deaths like haku and kakashi ( which was epicly spoiled by manga-shonen style idea that no one dies except gets resurrected)
    "this is a great bleepin deal" - Che Ve Biden\n/n\/n

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there should be difference between suicide and sacrifice, yes a lot of characters they sacrificed themself for other people. But suicide - we haven't seen anybody doing that in manga. Well they said about Kakshis father, but we haven't seen it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Everyone in Naruto is suicidal

Compare to Basilisk u can say that Kishi goes pretty easy on his characters.
    They are ninja, warriors, thats just how they live and die.
    Its a bit sad but it has become the inspiration for many mangakas like Kishi so maybe its not that bad after all, right?

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2