Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What tier are Shunsui & Ukitake in?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're high-tier. Don't mess with them or you'll be sorry.

86 86.87%
  • They're mid-tier. They're outstanding but so are every other captain.

13 13.13%
  • They're low-tier. New generation surpasses the old.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

I don't agree with people who say Shunsui is a class above Urahara and Isshin, IMHO these guys are all pretty strong and evenly matched. Ukitake seems to be weaker due to his illness and poor performance in FKT but I'll reserve my judgment until he beats up someone. (If he ever will. lol) I think we shouldn't take Yamamoto's words too literally, IMHO what he says is that Shunsui and Ukitake aren't your average captains, that's it.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

Ukitake ...well, what do you think about Ukitake now? Is he a bad guy or a good soul?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a long time, but now that I'm back (somewhat) I revisited this thread because of the updated information from Kubo's comments before this 'final arc' on Shunsui and Juushiro. He said something along the lines of Ukitake 'getting better'. And also said that information on Shunsui's bankai and his pink hayori would be shwon. Any speculators?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to Ukitake's strength? Because in Repeat & Reboot Kubo said that he was as ill as before:

Quote Quote:
    Q: Is Ukitake’s illness the same as it was before?
    Kubo: Yes. (laughs)
    Q: No change?
    Kubo: That’s right. But although Ukitake and Shunsui haven’t changed much outwardly, they have changed somewhat in their hearts after the battles with Aizen.
    We'll definitely see Shunsui's bankai in this final arc, Kubo hinted that it might be powerful enough to take on even Aizen, which made me even more intrigued. The captains can't use their bankais due to bankai-stealing device at the moment, I guess it'll take a while before we get to this point. Ever since we saw Irooni (Colorful Demon), I thought Shunsui's pink haori had something to do with it but it seems it has some sort of history behind it, which means Kubo is planning to reveal more information about Shunsui and develop the character.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Are you referring to Ukitake's strength? Because in Repeat & Reboot Kubo said that he was as ill as before:

We'll definitely see Shunsui's bankai in this final arc, Kubo hinted that it might be powerful enough to take on even Aizen, which made me even more intrigued. The captains can't use their bankais due to bankai-stealing device at the moment, I guess it'll take a while before we get to this point. Ever since we saw Irooni (Colorful Demon), I thought Shunsui's pink haori had something to do with it but it seems it has some sort of history behind it, which means Kubo is planning to reveal more information about Shunsui and develop the character.
    Can you link me to that please? When did Kubo say such a thing about shunsuis bankai. He has always been my favorite character for some reason, I never get enough of him though.
    bleach has alot of bandwagonners, once a character is in the spotlight everybody likes him, and his fan point out fact that dont exist,but once the character is gone, no body stands up for the guy they just act like if they didnt like him, i will see what will happen to aizens fan in the future

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drzcoyotex3 View Post
    Can you link me to that please? When did Kubo say such a thing about shunsuis bankai. He has always been my favorite character for some reason, I never get enough of him though.
    He said that on Japanese TV show Jump!Bang.

http://bleachness.livejournal.com/497461.html

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of a theory where Shunsui's bankai is turning a child's nightmare into reality, maybe by unsightly figures. I can't see its power being as excessive and dangerous as Ryuujin Jakka, so, maybe it has got some sort of psychological effect on the opponents. I don't know, why else Ukitake would suggest him not to go bankai in an important battle? It's not like they're anywhere near Ikkaku or Yumichika in terms of personality, so, it's just a weak perception of mine, anyway (=

I expect Ukitake to go bankai, as well. Even though he has stamina issues going along, throughout all manga, little has been given away related to him. But even in shikai, he should be doing better than some of other captains, with Sogyo no Kotowari's attack reflection skill. I hope he doesn't end up dying, though. He's without a doubt the most lovable figure amongst the entire shinigami world.

New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15