Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What tier are Shunsui & Ukitake in?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're high-tier. Don't mess with them or you'll be sorry.

86 86.87%
  • They're mid-tier. They're outstanding but so are every other captain.

13 13.13%
  • They're low-tier. New generation surpasses the old.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Where did u get the raise exponentially???
    And sorry,how many captains have we seen fighting as a pair??most of them doesn't even know what kind of bankai the others have....
    And again,what kind of opponent would they team up against???others captain???lame......menos and adjuchas???lame,but u get a point here,their powers would be useful seeing that they would counter ceros whle slashing in saying black and white all the time.....VL???one may be above any single captain,but against 2 captain any of them can be defeated......
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/155/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/155/10/

Their power is written as plain as day. Yama says Uki is stronger than everyone else. How can you argue anything other than the technicalities.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Small picture.....if Aizen revealed his true strenght,no captain would have stand in front of him.
    If Aizen make a duo with Gin,their power works complementary good and no couple would stand against them.
    If SHinji teams up with anyone,everyone would die before even understanding what would happen...
    If Tousen team up with everyone...
    And I can keep on...

Shunsui and Ukitake are the only 2 that work as a team,so it's obvious that this kind of strenght stand above others for all the reason I have explained....

About Ukitake...well,he lived long cause he has always someone saving his a** and rarely went to action due to his illness.
    An example??Rukia saved his a**.......not saying that he got pwned by WW that was faster then his reaction,damn even Shunsui and OldYama were shocked...
    (And don't give me the talk...he doesn't fight kids,cause is not a valid argument to let someone impale u to death).

Also,if they lived for so long,why did they never been promoted to RG???strong but not enough I guess....
    A strenght above the rest of the mass is one thing.Them being the strongest captains in the history of SS since the academy foundation or even before that is a totally different matter....being above average is totally different from this point...
    And well,OldYama still refers to shinigami in SS and not other beings like arrancars / Vl / RG....

Don't limit your reasoning at the small picture because it's pointless..
    Last edited by Yans86; April 21, 2010 at 08:25 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ So let me sum up your whole point- You basically went against the facts presented by the manga since you can't accept it. What a weak argument

Shunsui and uki are plenty strong even w/o their teamwork. That was made clear when yama stated that their strength were always a cut above the rest.
    The teamwork is just icing on the cake.

Aizen revealing his true strength? The aizen that is getting owned now b/c he is fighting someone not under his illusion? The same aizen that needed the distraction created by hitsu to get a hit in on shunsui even though shunsui is under KS's influence. Aizen's onl advantage was that he had all of SS under hypnosis from the start. Had he fought with someone like uki, shunsui, unohana, or yama w/o them being hypnotized first, he would be in trouble

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Shunsui was under KS's influence, the opening is frankly irrelavant. I agree that Shunsui isn't overrated, but saying he Aizen only landed a shot because of Hitsugaya's distraction is underrating Aizen. Had Shunsui not made the mistake of letting his guard down, which is his mistake and not something you can blame on someone else, at that moment with Aizen's illusions it simply would have happened at a different time.

Also, we can't underrate Aizen because he uses his illusions to beat his opponents, the illusions are part of his power. The better argument is to say how limited his illusions are if it is as easy as Isshin is making it seem to not see the release of his zanpakuto. Or perhaps how limited the illusions themselves are as a battle tactic against a singular opponent.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All i was saying is that in regards to Aizen, had they not been under the influence of KS from the start, it woould have been different since it seems using KS in battle seems to be nearly impossible

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    All i was saying is that in regards to Aizen, had they not been under the influence of KS from the start, it woould have been different since it seems using KS in battle seems to be nearly impossible
    That bugs the hell out of me. Aizen was able to catch Barragan in hypnosis very easily in a short matter of time. You're telling me that Ichigo (who can't even follow Aizen's movements) and Isshin have been fighting him without looking at his sword, and doing it so quickly that he couldn't utter the words "Kyouka Suigetsu"?

I do think that Aizen isn't leagues above everyone else in this story. Whether or not this is the case will depend on Isshin's actual relative strength to everyone else. If he pops up and calls Unohana or Shunsui "senpai" when he sees them, you can bet your ass KS was the reason for Aizen's potency in combat.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui and Ukitake are definitely overrated by their fans. Aizen would beat Shunsui, if it was a 1 on 1 battle without shikai's. Haven't seen Ukitake do much, but if he's the same level as Shunsui, Aizen's likely to beat him just as fast.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

@Cloudo: Huh?

Your not making much sense dude. How do you figure Shunsui can beat Aizen because Isshin can? There's the possibility Isshin is just stronger than Shunsui and that's why he can beat Aizen.

Why do you think the Hougyoku increased Aizen's speed? Nobody implied that.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; April 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    @Cloudo: Huh?

Your not making much sense dude. How do you figure Shunsui can beat Aizen because Isshin can? There's the possibility Isshin is just stronger than Shunsui and that's why he can beat Aizen.

Why do you think the Hougyoku increased Aizen's speed? Nobody implied that.
    no1 has to imply the truth because the hogyoku made everyones wishes and desires it came into close contact with true so if aizens wish was to become a god then why wouldnt it increase that? besides he has now reached the limit of a shinigami meaning while he was fighting the captains including shunsui his speed and reiatsu increased exponantially. I never said because isshin can beat aizen shunsui can... I said Shunsui was the highest ranked captain by yamamoto in all of SS history so why wouldnt he be able to pose a threat to aizen? did u not see him impale stark and aizen even though that was an illusion? Yep thats what i thought so Im right your not wrong your just not right

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Shunsui, but saying that he would beat Aizen if he didn't have KS is just stupid.
    Aizen is a guy that owned 4 captain class oponents without even using his shikai in a matter of seconds.
    In case you are forgotten, Aizen easily blocked/dodged all attemps on Shunsui's attacks without his Shikai, except the one with the help of Hitsugaya.
    But, Shunsui + ukitake vs Aizen, without Shikai, Hogyoku and no disease for Ukitake, I guess that they would have a significant chance at beating him IMO.

@Cloudo, while the Hogyoku grants it's users wishes, it didn't increase Aizen's speed or power in any away, otherwise he wouldn't have said that he reached the limit of his shinigami self(which he had already reached) and only against Isshin is when it understtod Aizen's will and started to transform him, also, when Shunsui hit Aizen, he was using his Shikai, if you want to make it fair, take the shikai from both of them.
    Last edited by hakuthehedgehog; April 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cloudo View Post
    no1 has to imply the truth because the hogyoku made everyones wishes and desires it came into close contact with true so if aizens wish was to become a god then why wouldnt it increase that? besides he has now reached the limit of a shinigami meaning while he was fighting the captains including shunsui his speed and reiatsu increased exponantially. I never said because isshin can beat aizen shunsui can... I said Shunsui was the highest ranked captain by yamamoto in all of SS history so why wouldnt he be able to pose a threat to aizen? did u not see him impale stark and aizen even though that was an illusion? Yep thats what i thought so Im right your not wrong your just not right
    The orb does have limits, it is not a magical genie. Aizen won't be turned into something inherently beyond his limits.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The orb does have limits, it is not a magical genie. Aizen won't be turned into something inherently beyond his limits.
    but yet thats whats happening isn't it? hes being affected by the hogyoku, and since it made all those arrancar/espada so powerful at least that much more powerful than they were before thn why wouldnt it do the same for aizen who is now one with it? i dont think aizen would be able to beat shunsui without KS or the hogyoku thats all im sayin

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

but yet thats whats happening isn't it? hes being affected by the hogyoku, and since it made all those arrancar/espada so powerful at least that much more powerful than they were before thn why wouldnt it do the same for aizen who is now one with it? i dont think aizen would be able to beat shunsui without KS or the hogyoku thats all im sayin
    Hougyoku most likely didn't increase Aizen's abilities. The Hougyoku is only just now starting to understand Aizen's heart. For it to do anything for anyone, it has to understand what that person wants first.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen has show beyond captain class power before the orb though. Just to name a few.
    Utterly speedblitz hitsugaya from the from without using an illusion.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/170/23/

Trash komamura with a failed kido
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/176/12/
    This speaks VOLUMES of the sheer amount of raw power aizen has. A failed kido without an incantation which did not even reach a third of its intended power is already enough to take a captain out of commision. granted aizen did use his illusion to make an opening. Even yamamoto with a fully functional spell which cost him his arm and probably his life did not do this much damage -granted aizen was healed by the orb shortly after the hit-.

Grimmjow is a captain level guy and he still got grounded by aizen's sheer reiatsu
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/245/10/
    Even if grimmjow wasn't the top espada he is still someone a captain would have trouble defeating. Luppi did give hitsugaya some trouble and it is quite clear grimmjow was much stronger than him.

Then we have aizen stopping ichigo's bankai barehanded and taking wave after wave of captain level attacks without breaking a sweat and being able to react to hirako's shikai. Aizen's physical capacities and reiatsu are clearly much greater than any captain except yamamoto.

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Hougyoku most likely didn't increase Aizen's abilities. The Hougyoku is only just now starting to understand Aizen's heart. For it to do anything for anyone, it has to understand what that person wants first.
    no its been doin a lotta shit for him u think hes been sittin around in hueco mundo doing nothin just creating espada? bullshit... hes been increasing his own abilities to counter everyone elses abilities in SS...

New Reply
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast