Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What tier are Shunsui & Ukitake in?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're high-tier. Don't mess with them or you'll be sorry.

    86 86.87%
  • They're mid-tier. They're outstanding but so are every other captain.

    13 13.13%
  • They're low-tier. New generation surpasses the old.

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 217

Thread: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

  1. #61
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Aizen has show beyond captain class power before the orb though. Just to name a few.
    Utterly speedblitz hitsugaya from the from without using an illusion.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/170/23/

    Trash komamura with a failed kido
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/176/12/
    This speaks VOLUMES of the sheer amount of raw power aizen has. A failed kido without an incantation which did not even reach a third of its intended power is already enough to take a captain out of commision. granted aizen did use his illusion to make an opening. Even yamamoto with a fully functional spell which cost him his arm and probably his life did not do this much damage -granted aizen was healed by the orb shortly after the hit-.

    Grimmjow is a captain level guy and he still got grounded by aizen's sheer reiatsu
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/245/10/
    Even if grimmjow wasn't the top espada he is still someone a captain would have trouble defeating. Luppi did give hitsugaya some trouble and it is quite clear grimmjow was much stronger than him.

    Then we have aizen stopping ichigo's bankai barehanded and taking wave after wave of captain level attacks without breaking a sweat and being able to react to hirako's shikai. Aizen's physical capacities and reiatsu are clearly much greater than any captain except yamamoto.

    thats a good speech there but whos to say shunsui or ukitake couldnt do that? im sure they could both stop ichigos bankai with just a finger. and even when he did all that the hogyoku was inside of him, he just kept it hidden then said suprise this why nothin is affecting me duh. you forget those captains u just mentioned are shit, they couldnt even beat tousen when he had his mask on... but how did his vice captain manage to beat him when he was ressureccion just in shikai? the reiatsu of those captains arent on par with ichigos... so of course aizen spanked them. sure he cut down hitsugaya and shunsui soi fon and whoever else was in his way but he DID have the orb attached to his persona when this allhappened... correct? so just because you think it didnt have any effect doesnt mean it didnt... in fact it did. isshin isnt MORE powerful than any other shinigami under yama... maybe on par with shunsui and ukitake but given that aizen was overwhelmed from takin that hit from yamas kido blast and isshin not being under the influence of KS he obviously would have the upper hand. So lets put shunsui in isshins position, would it not be the same outcome? of course it would... KS is complete hynosis u can see and be whatever it wants.. so of course its gonna make everyone who has already fought weaker... shunsui just got a few huge blows from the #1 espada so hes not up to par with anyone near aizen but if he were to go at him one on one i think hed stand a chance

  2. #62
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloudo View Post
    thats a good speech there but whos to say shunsui or ukitake couldnt do that? im sure they could both stop ichigos bankai with just a finger. and even when he did all that the hogyoku was inside of him, he just kept it hidden then said suprise this why nothin is affecting me duh. you forget those captains u just mentioned are shit, they couldnt even beat tousen when he had his mask on... but how did his vice captain manage to beat him when he was ressureccion just in shikai? the reiatsu of those captains arent on par with ichigos... so of course aizen spanked them. sure he cut down hitsugaya and shunsui soi fon and whoever else was in his way but he DID have the orb attached to his persona when this allhappened... correct? so just because you think it didnt have any effect doesnt mean it didnt... in fact it did. isshin isnt MORE powerful than any other shinigami under yama... maybe on par with shunsui and ukitake but given that aizen was overwhelmed from takin that hit from yamas kido blast and isshin not being under the influence of KS he obviously would have the upper hand. So lets put shunsui in isshins position, would it not be the same outcome? of course it would... KS is complete hynosis u can see and be whatever it wants.. so of course its gonna make everyone who has already fought weaker... shunsui just got a few huge blows from the #1 espada so hes not up to par with anyone near aizen but if he were to go at him one on one i think hed stand a chance
    What makes you think the orb actually gave him a boost in power though? I think that is quite a big assumption to make with little to no evidence to support that. Before we saw the orb actuall required power for it to work so for all we know it actually had a taxing effect on him -it certainly did not replenish his stamina otherise he would never get tired and him reaching a limit would be altogether impossible-. And how do you know what ishin's power level is? The manga already rarely elaborates on power levels and here you are pretending you know how strong exactly ishin is lol. Aizen managed to stop ichigo's hollow form easily while he was still healing, I would think he still had quite a bit of power above the captain level.

  3. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloudo View Post
    no its been doin a lotta shit for him u think hes been sittin around in hueco mundo doing nothin just creating espada? bullshit... hes been increasing his own abilities to counter everyone elses abilities in SS...
    Aizen never had to wish for more speed and strength. He had KS, WW, Tousen, Gin and the top 3 Espada.

    Also Aizen reached the limit of his shinigami abilities. Hougyoku is a power that guides. It's not capable of doing things for people that, they themselves aren't capable of. The only way the Hougyoku could increase Aizen's power is by increasing his limits. The only known ways to do that is to destroy the barrier between a shinigami and a hollow and reconstructing his soul (like what the Hougyoku's is doing right now). The Hougyoku just started turning Aizen into the ultimate being so he couldn't of had a power increase before than.

  4. #64
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    44
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    I think that Shinsui and Ukitake are one of the top Captains of the G13. Yama stated complemented them. There is no hard evidence stating which Captains is the strongest except Yama, who is the leader of the G13.
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/394/07/

    Just a side note about Shinigami fights:
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/391/15/
    Aizen statement about Shinigami fights.
    Last edited by kangclaw; April 23, 2010 at 03:49 PM.

  5. #65
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    358
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    I like Shunsui, but saying that he would beat Aizen if he didn't have KS is just stupid.
    Aizen is a guy that owned 4 captain class oponents without even using his shikai in a matter of seconds.
    In case you are forgotten, Aizen easily blocked/dodged all attemps on Shunsui's attacks without his Shikai, except the one with the help of Hitsugaya.
    But, Shunsui + ukitake vs Aizen, without Shikai, Hogyoku and no disease for Ukitake, I guess that they would have a significant chance at beating him IMO.
    Would beat Aizen? No, but I don't think it would be an Aizen roflstomp. He might actually have a chance. Sure Aizen owned 4 captain class opponents (I assume you're referring to Love, Komamura, Rose, etc... because he used KS to cut down Hitsugaya, Shinji, Shunsui, and Soifon), but from what we've seen, the phrase "captain class" is pretty much the widest range of power in this series.

    For example: Komamura is captain-class. Isshin is captain-class. Aizen could cut down 4 Komamuras, he can't even handle one Isshin. Maybe Kubo should introduce another phrase to indicate shinigami strength..

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #66
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Aizen outclasses Shunsui in every aspect we've seen so far: power, reiatsu, speed and Kido usage, so there is no way in hell that Shunsui (no shikai) could beat Aizen (no shikai)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #67
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Saying that Aizen outclasses shunsui in every aspect is grasping at straws. I am not saying that shunsui can beat Aizen if he was not under teh illusions, but i am saying that there is quite a chance. We can't really compare shunsui fairly b/c he was never able to give a full fight against aizen b/c everything was an illusion.

    How can you say aizen is better than shunsui at this and that when it comes to KS, nothing is what it seems.

    Aizen is strong no doubt. But so are the senior captains. But aizen has the advantage b/c they are already under his spell. Even then, he needed an opening to take shunsui down.

    Shunsui and uki are not overrated whatsoever. The manga has shown that they are worthy of the statements yama has made for them

  10. #68
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Grasping at straws??if he was as strong as Aizen with all those captains they would have won in 3 seconds...but indeed he didn't make a difference!!!
    Speed:he never touched him...and even Stark is faster then him.
    Power:He was momentarily koed by a cero and had

    He needed an opening??lol Who's the idiot that tried to save Hitsugaya knowing that he would get pwned??It's his fault for not keeping his cool.....this is war as someone said,even Soifon said that u have to atack your enemy from behind even i u see ur comrade fall....come on!!!!

    And well,let's explain the concept above the rest with a simple example:
    _If the average I.Q. of the population is 100,having an I.Q. of 120 is BEING a cut above the others,and u will always be because it's not like your I.Q. will fall.
    _At the same time,there still can others with an I.Q. of 130,140,150,160 that still won't deny the fact that having 120 is being a cut above the rest.

    And seriously,do u think that Aizen,Old Yama,Isshin,Urahara,Gin and Yoruichi would look at WW and get impaled without even acknowledging it???
    Ukitake is by far the most overrated character!!!!!!!!

    Shunsui is strong,a cut above the average captain,but he is not a genius or a monster or a god like fighter.Damn,he was a captain for how many years???more then 200 hundred at least,right???Hitsugaya will take around 100 year to reach and surpass his power......do u see the difference??and well,this won't change the fact that Shunsui would still remain a cut above the others.....

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #69
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    the kido aizen did to koma was strong but look a few panels koma got up and refused treatment and was wounded but it didnt put him out of commision...and koma also fought aizen in FKT with a huge hole in his stomach so give koma some slack...he is the saying 'cant keep a good dog down' :P.

    shunsui good do well against aizen without ks but would still lose just last longer aizen i think has alot of raw power and uses KS coz he kinda lazy and cocky. ukitake can be judged i think we not seen enough as kubo likes making him useless.

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #70
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    People here are judging shunsui fight with aizen on the fact that aizen dodged one attack and put up a barrier on the other. Well guess what, the barrier actually cracked. Furthermore, isshin took a surprised hit on aizen and he dodged easily too. So by your logic, isshin should be weak against against and yet isshin is kicking his ass

  15. #71
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    The only thing I think the Hougyouku has been doing for Aizen has been healing him physically. Principally I think his rapid recovery from Hadou #96. Other then that it has been all him. He hasn't shown anything in this war that I wouldn't have imagined him capable of from what we saw when he escaped Soul Society.
    Last edited by poopoomaru; April 26, 2010 at 05:57 AM.

  16. #72
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    I will agree with Raizen a bit. So far, I don't think we can accurately gauge how strong Ukitake and Shunui really are. Their little showing against Aizen is not indicative of their real strength. Since everyone struggled against Aizen's KS, it does not make them necessarily a weak or over-rated character.

  17. #73
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    EXACTLY!! We saw shunsui's powers against starks and it was clear that he was as strong as yama stated. We can't count the encounter w/ aizen b/c they have the greatest disadvantage against him

  18. #74
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    Well Raizen,if for u It's a great thing to defeat a natural adjuchas arrancar that wasn't even the stronger of his army,with a sneak attack that even a VC could pull out on a hybridizated distracted captain,then stick with it....but we all know what this means....http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/397/13/

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #75
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Tibet
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

    I'll quote myself because I guess it's also relevant in this thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    I don't understand what kind of people fail to see the huge difference between these two cases:

    1) Hisagi managed to stab Tousen because of his newfound eyesight. Shunsui managed to stab Stark because he had an incredible ability which Stark gave credit for.

    2) Hisagi's attack finished Tousen in one move. Shunsui's attack was a welcome-back shot.

    3) The kageoni hit didn't do much damage to Stark because he actually played the color game, kept up with Shunsui and managed to do max damage for him in the game. If Stark's max damage in color game didn't finish Shunsui, why are we supposed to believe Shunsui's shadow attack reduced Stark to nothingness as if Stark was dominating Shunsui in sword-fight before that attack?

    Long story short, comparing Shunsui's case with Hisagi's is a logical failure and a trivial attempt that shows how far somebody can go to twist the facts to suit his/her opinions. I would be embarrassed to make such a comparison but I guess some people have no shame.
    Let's not be so shallow, guys. You're better than that, at least I hope so. You may not like someone but always give credit when it's due.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts