Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: What tier are Shunsui & Ukitake in?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're high-tier. Don't mess with them or you'll be sorry.

86 86.87%
  • They're mid-tier. They're outstanding but so are every other captain.

13 13.13%
  • They're low-tier. New generation surpasses the old.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    There is no overestimation if they have shown skills that have been implied throughout the manga. Case in point, shunsui fought against the #1 espada w/o even releasing his shikai. While someone like ichigo needed mask and bankai to deal with unreleased ulqui. What does that say to you?

Even against Aizen, shunsui put up a great performance. In the end it was his worry for hitsu that left him open. While other weak indivduals like love and rose took on aizen and got owned like they were childrens
    <hr noshade size="1">

How do you put shinji aboce them when shinji has yet to do anything impressive? Have u forgotten he failed the same way they did, except shunsui actually took on and defeated an opponent
    because the only one i can see logically beating his shikai is aizan. i guess someone could reitsu stomp him but i don't think shunsui can do that. and besides the only opponent shinji fought was aizan and its abit unfair to judge him by a loss to the main antangonist. and don't blame shunsuis loss on his caring nature. aizan could have just as easily stabbed him in the face while shunsui was cutting hinamori in half.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Saying that the only one that can beat shinji's shikai is aizen is crap considering we know that yama is stronger than aizen and from the looks of it isshin may be too.

Yea shinji's shikai is pretty scary, but captains who have been there for a millenium would be able to deal with it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Yama is "stronger" than Aizen doesn't mean he can do everything Aizen can do. Aizen is better than Yama in certain areas. As far as intelligence is concerned Aizen is far above Yama. His intelligence seems to be the main reason Aizen could deal with Shinji's shikai.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; April 19, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    ^^Saying that the only one that can beat shinji's shikai is aizen is crap considering we know that yama is stronger than aizen and from the looks of it isshin may be too.

Yea shinji's shikai is pretty scary, but captains who have been there for a millenium would be able to deal with it.
    how? and i said maybe you can reitsu stomp your way out but do you really think shunsui could reitsu stomp shinji? shinji's shikai is hax all he needs to do is stand there firing cero while his enemies get burnt to a crisp working out whats going on. the only reson aizan can get out is because his zanpakuto controls more than shinjis.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    how? and i said maybe you can reitsu stomp your way out but do you really think shunsui could reitsu stomp shinji? shinji's shikai is hax all he needs to do is stand there firing cero while his enemies get burnt to a crisp working out whats going on. the only reson aizan can get out is because his zanpakuto controls more than shinjis.
    Correct. Intelligence, speed, reaction time, etc. none of those have anything to do with Aizen defeating sakanade. Aizen simply used his own superior hypnosis to nullify Shinji's.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since Sakenade has only been used against one individual (AIzen), and since Aizen used KS to get out of it both times, we really can't determine whether other opponents could fight effectively against sakenade (other than just overcoming the ability with reiatsu).

Basically, it's not impossible that an opponent could become accustomed to the reverse world.

Also, to address this question:
    Quote Quote:
    do you really think shunsui could reitsu stomp shinji?
    He could potentially..... we don't know what levels of reiatsu shinji has in comparison to Shunsui. I'm not saying that Shunsui can, I'm just saying that Shinji hasn't really overwhelmed nor underwhelmed an opponent with his reiatsu.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How did aizen used his hypnosis to counter sakenade? I don't think the manga ever showed aizen using his illusion to counter it at any point. The impression I had was that aizen countered it simply because a simple optical illusion is not something which would stop aizen in any way.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are in no way overrated. Of all the captains we have seen fight so far, the only ones i would put above them are Yama, Aizen, Isshin, Shinji and maybe Urahara and Gin not sure bout the last 2 though since Urahara never really fought seriously and Gin is still in a battle. Since i Urahara and Gin are still in question i would say that only those 4 (Yama, Aizen, Isshin, Shinji) are definitely stronger and maybe Urahara, Gin and Unohana..They are strong, very strong IMO..
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

shunsui has been impressive beat starrk with shikai but still had help with love and rose as a distraction. ukitake i want to be good but the way kubo likes making him pointless is irksome espically when characters like momo get more battle time.

i place shinji either above or below shunusi yes he is strong but he coundt kill one arm grimmjow with his mask what the hell that about yet he only one to cut aizen :S. people over rate characters yes but it is a forum it bount to happen just over zealous fanboys dont listen to other people.

to sort out shinji kubo needs to show us when shinji was at the acedemy coz shinji could have been at academy like a couple of months behind shunusi and uki
    Last edited by Hystzen; April 20, 2010 at 05:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui is not overrated. he is awesome, his sword is awesome and his tactics are SMART! this is the war, who gives the shit for honor and pride, just stab the guy in the back while he's not looking!!! this is how wars are fouht and won. those who don't cheat end up on the losing side. Shunsui defeated Stark with his brain, he used the distraction provided by Vizard duo to deliver a serious blow and weaken his opponent significantly, so he could finish him off more easily later on. thing is, we don't know if he is a powerhouse/juggernaut like Yama, Aizen. hell, Stark could be stronger for all we know! it's just that Shunsui exploited every possible opening to kill him. the guy's got brains, and that's what I like about him

I'd say Shunshun is the 5th deadliest char in bleach after Aizen, Yama, Kisuke, Shinji and Mayuri (don't know anything about Isshin and Unohana, since we haven't seen their powers) note: deadliest doesn't neccesserily mean strongest

Ukitake is overrated though, duh. the only thing that pussy did succesfully was play around with lillinette, and he couldn't even track WW's and Stark's movements LOL

btw: why did this discussion go from "Shunsui and Ukitake" to "Shinji vs Shunsui"?
    Last edited by AlB; April 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Shunsui is not overrated. he is awesome, his sword is awesome and his tactics are SMART! this is the war, who gives the shit for honor and pride, just stab the guy in the back while he's not looking!!! this is how wars are fouht and won. those who don't cheat end up on the losing side. Shunsui defeated Stark with his brain, he used the distraction provided by Vizard duo to deliver a serious blow and weaken his opponent significantly, so he could finish him off more easily later on. thing is, we don't know if he is a powerhouse/juggernaut like Yama, Aizen. hell, Stark could be stronger for all we know! it's just that Shunsui exploited every possible opening to kill him. the guy's got brains, and that's what I like about him

I'd say Shunshun is the 5th deadliest char in bleach after Aizen, Yama, Kisuke, Shinji and Mayuri (don't know anything about Isshin and Unohana, since we haven't seen their powers) note: deadliest doesn't neccesserily mean strongest

Ukitake is overrated though, duh. the only thing that pussy did succesfully was play around with lillinette, LOL

btw: why did this discussion go from "Shunsui and Ukitake" to "Shinji vs Shunsui"?
    because some people think that shunsui wouldn't be affected by sakenade and therefore is better than shinji.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How did aizen used his hypnosis to counter sakenade? I don't think the manga ever showed aizen using his illusion to counter it at any point. The impression I had was that aizen countered it simply because a simple optical illusion is not something which would stop aizen in any way.
    Shinji's shikai is not an optical illusion. It just reverses all of your senses. Your sight, hearing, smell, perception of the direction of reatsu, probably your touch too, otherwise you can close your eyes and fight.

Aizen countered it because he had Shinji under illuision fighting thin air. He then had ages to set up a single slash.

A character like shunsui, Uki or Aizen will have no problem moving backwards if they have time to think. It is when you are faced with this:
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/400/08/
    If Shinji did what Gin is doing here, there is no chance in hell that you can block every attack perfectly. Even Yama couldn't do it (and I also doubt anyone in the bleachverse has enough reatsu to nullify the effects of a high tier captain's zanpakto).

I agree with AlB that Shunsui is smart, but he is also ruthless. He didn't hesitate to back stab starrk the second he could manage it. Ukitake didn't want to fight starrk because he thought it would be 2v1, shunsui however, would have jumped at the opportunity. There are few characters with battle smarts like that.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

out of all of the people in FKT shunsui has been the only one fighting smart by doing sneak attacks it best way to avoid been killed or tiring yourself out (soi fon). just wouldnt mind if uki had more panel time before i judge him fully.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    because some people think that shunsui wouldn't be affected by sakenade and therefore is better than shinji.
    why should he be not affected by Sakanade? wow, people on forums sure like to spout nonsense, be it Tobi=Obito=Danzo, Isshin being King and now this lolz. anyway, maybe Shunsui is stronger captain than Shinji, but once he is affected by Sakanade it's all over. the only reason Aizen was able to adjust to the shit that Sakanade creates was that he is Aizen-sama, a genius and the owner of a Kyoka Suigetsu. all other are doomed, unless they are yamamoto.

btw, can anyone explain what makes a captain so-called "high-tier"? age, strength or what?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    A character like shunsui, Uki or Aizen will have no problem moving backwards if they have time to think.
    it's not only backwards dude, it's left and right, up and down. pretty deep shit. I don't think that anyone (except for Aizen or Yamamoto) could survive in conditions like that. they might be able to hold off for a couple of minutes but not much longer
    Last edited by AlB; April 20, 2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    it's not only backwards dude, it's left and right, up and down. pretty deep shit. I don't think that anyone (except for Aizen or Yamamoto) could survive in conditions like that. they might be able to hold off for a couple of minutes but not much longer
    Spoiler show

(Spoiler's wildly offtopic. Sakanade's powers are blatant hax (much like Shunsui's), but can't you just beat it by plugging your nose?)

Anyways, fact of the matter is, I doubt we'll ever see Shunsui go lawligagging into a 1v1 duel. If you wanna go all fantasy and say Shunsui vs. Shinji, you can bet your ass Shunsui'd stab Shinji from the shadows while he was on the crapper. That's just the way he fights when it's a serious battle. (Chances are, it'll never be, between those two. Shunsui has one of the closest ties to the Vaizards... Lisa)

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast