Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What tier are Shunsui & Ukitake in?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're high-tier. Don't mess with them or you'll be sorry.

86 86.87%
  • They're mid-tier. They're outstanding but so are every other captain.

13 13.13%
  • They're low-tier. New generation surpasses the old.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shunsui & Ukitake Mega Convo

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shunsui & Ukitake overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    how? and i said maybe you can reitsu stomp your way out but do you really think shunsui could reitsu stomp shinji? shinji's shikai is hax all he needs to do is stand there firing cero while his enemies get burnt to a crisp working out whats going on. the only reson aizan can get out is because his zanpakuto controls more than shinjis.
    No i don't think that shunsui can use reiatsu to counter shinji, but shunsui has shown to be very perceptive in his fighting abilities. Saying things like only Aizen can counter it is complete BS since shinji has only fought one person. I can easily say that only starks can figure out shunsui's games just the same, see what i did

And if shinji could ahve just fired cero, he would have done so against Aizen. Firing a cero, it doesn't matter what direction you move, if u move you can dodge it. You can think you are moving left but you move right, either way, you got out of the way. And shinji isn't like starkks, he can't fire off multiple ceros.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    No i don't think that shunsui can use reiatsu to counter shinji, but shunsui has shown to be very perceptive in his fighting abilities. Saying things like only Aizen can counter it is complete BS since shinji has only fought one person. I can easily say that only starks can figure out shunsui's games just the same, see what i did
    shinji's abilities and Shunsui's abilities are not the same thing you know, so what you did, is make the most inappropriate comparison. it's not about figuring out, it's about fighting. stark figured out shunsui, but couldn't fight him, and got killed. same with shinji, you can figure out his abilities with the first glance, I mean it's so obvious once you see the guy upside dows, but there's no way in hell you can fight him. Aizen probably KS-ed him and watched him fight thin air, while he was standing aside and preparing to make a precise move. I respect Shunsui in every possible way, I consider him one of the strongest, smartes but that doesn't change the fact that he would fall against shinji in 1 vs 1 fight. so, main point is, that it's not about figuring out Shinji's abilities, it's about countering, adjusting, fighting them, which is impossible.

P.S. guys, maybe we should transfer to "Shinji vs Shunsui" thread?
    Last edited by AlB; April 20, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    shinji's abilities and Shunsui's abilities are not the same thing you know, so what you did, is make the most inappropriate comparison. it's not about figuring out, it's about fighting. stark figured out shunsui, but couldn't fight him, and got killed. same with shinji, you can figure out his abilities with the first glance, I mean it's so obvious once you see the guy upside dows, but there's no way in hell you can fight him. Aizen probably KS-ed him and watched him fight thin air, while he was standing aside and preparing to make a precise move. I respect Shunsui in every possible way, I consider him one of the strongest, smartes but that doesn't change the fact that he would fall against shinji in 1 vs 1 fight. so, main point is, that it's not about figuring out Shinji's abilities, it's about countering, adjusting, fighting them, which is impossible.

P.S. guys, maybe we should transfer to "Shinji vs Shunsui" thread?
    You didn't get what i meant. I meant that we have only seen KG used against starks and we have only seen sakanade against aizen. If we can assume that only aizen can counter sakanade then we can just as easily assume that only starks can figure out KG's rules. But we know that that is not correct. hence saying only aizen can counter sakanade is also incorrect. But that is off-topic. Believe what you want

Thing is shunsui and uki are not overrated. Why? b/c shunsui took on unreleased starks with not even shikai whule ichigo w/ bankai and mask had trouble against unreleased grimjow and ulqui. Shinji w/ mask couldn't kill unreleased injured one arm grimjow. The feats speak for themselves

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't get what i meant. I meant that we have only seen KG used against starks and we have only seen sakanade against aizen. If we can assume that only aizen can counter sakanade then we can just as easily assume that only starks can figure out KG's rules. But we know that that is not correct. hence saying only aizen can counter sakanade is also incorrect. But that is off-topic. Believe what you want

Thing is shunsui and uki are not overrated. Why? b/c shunsui took on unreleased starks with not even shikai whule ichigo w/ bankai and mask had trouble against unreleased grimjow and ulqui. Shinji w/ mask couldn't kill unreleased injured one arm grimjow. The feats speak for themselves
    if you read my previous posts you will find out that I never believed that Shunsui is overrated

the one who is overrated is Ukitake, I have already explained a reason for that and I don't feel like explaining again, just too lazy

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uki's performance was lacking b/c the author had to find some way to get him out of the way. He is most likely saving uki for later. I kind of feel cheated that the author did that. But also note that the combination of shunsui and uki was considered to be exceedingly dangerous, so maybe by taking uki out it destroyed the chances that it can be used against aizen. Either way, i have faith in uki. after all, he is inferred to be just as skilled as shunsui

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake making more difference then 10 capt. lvl fighter.....for the lolZ

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A fresh Ukitake could indeed make a significant difference on how the Gotei could take on Aizen, specially since he and Shunsui whould most likely ownstomp Starrk so bad that none of them whould get significantly injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In what dream??What would have Ukitake bring to battle against Aizen??he is slow as hell,he has TB,he like to stare at people like Ichigo,he wouldn't touch Aizen even in another 1000 years!!
    Damn,Kyouraku didn't land a single hit on both Aizen and Starks and only with a sneak attack could heavily injure him (well,Hisagi did it better thought against a stronger opponent).Coming up with this kind of things just for hype isn't a way to back up an argument...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    Ukitake making more difference then 10 capt. lvl fighter.....for the lolZ
    Your logic fails b/c uki's and shunsui's zanpaktou are meant to fight together. They go hand in hand. So together their strength raises exponentially. That much is fact. It is already stated they complement one another.

Right now we can't really judge uki b/c the plot screwed him over. But we can judge shunsui and shunsui is without a doubt a top class shinigami

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    why should he be not affected by Sakanade? wow, people on forums sure like to spout nonsense, be it Tobi=Obito=Danzo, Isshin being King and now this lolz. anyway, maybe Shunsui is stronger captain than Shinji, but once he is affected by Sakanade it's all over. the only reason Aizen was able to adjust to the shit that Sakanade creates was that he is Aizen-sama, a genius and the owner of a Kyoka Suigetsu. all other are doomed, unless they are yamamoto.

btw, can anyone explain what makes a captain so-called "high-tier"? age, strength or what?
    <hr noshade size="1">

it's not only backwards dude, it's left and right, up and down. pretty deep shit. I don't think that anyone (except for Aizen or Yamamoto) could survive in conditions like that. they might be able to hold off for a couple of minutes but not much longer
    Sakanade is indeed very hax and it indeed will work against Yamamoto, but what do you do against someone who can literally just flame everywhere around him on a large scale? Then there's a chance of reiatsu nullification or the more tedious 'getting accustomed' to the new setting of your nervous system (Kabuto Yakushi, you're indeed a genius). Yamamoto's just on a different planet to these guys, there's too much beast in him. AoE guys, i.e. Hitsugaya, Byakuya, etc etc, are much more built for these fucked up settings. Btw, I'm not actually disagreeing with anything you've said, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents to support your idea.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

if kubo didnt ruin uki and let him fight with shunsui yes starrk would be beat wayyy quicker but as for aizen they still would of got screwed over by histu exposing every1 when he got annoyed the stupid kid.
    shunusi is high tier no denying that as for uki we only got yammas word or maybe starrk when he said ukis ablity was dangerous that it so far he doesnt have evidence to back up his power which is a shame i like the guy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Your logic fails b/c uki's and shunsui's zanpaktou are meant to fight together. They go hand in hand. So together their strength raises exponentially. That much is fact. It is already stated they complement one another.
    We don't know Ukitake's full abilities yet but some abilities may indeed complement each other perfectly. For example, suppose that I have a zanpakuto which instantly changes the color of skin/clothes on myself and others. It's completely useless by itself but me & Shunsui would be a lethal duo, much more powerful than sum of our individual powers.

More fighters don't always mean stronger force: Shunsui & Ukitake may perform much better against Yamaji than Shunsui, Ukitake & Nanao because of Shunsui's concern about Nanao's well-being in the fight. Hitsugaya has become more a liability than an asset against Aizen, this is why they lost more quickly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

shunsui imo deserves the most praise out of any good guy in this manga not for his skill or strength but for double teaming and sneak attacking becaue this war would be over if all the captains esspecially yama did that from the start. that being said they are all still stupid for not all releaseing bankai as soon a those side ways sky vaginas opened and going to town. just saying.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is, Shunsui didn't play unfairly against Stark. He was told otherwise by Ukitake. He told Shunsui that he wouldn't hear it that they weren't playing fair against him because they were essentially two parts to Stark, that is Lillinette. Now it was even- Stark and Lilly vs. Shunsui and Juushiro. Thing is, even after Ukitake got impaled from behind by ww and shunsui take a cero directly to the back from the most powerful espada there was, he wasn't even hurt. He got back up without so much as a scratch where he was shot at. Even Lisa-chan made fun of him for playing dead. I'm a believer that if it were an unbiased fight between captains, Shunsui would come out on top of everyone. All he has to do is hide in the shadows and attack accordingly. If that doesn't work, all he has to do is call out pink and he'd beat Byakuya if he used Senbonzakura as protection. There'd be no way to stop Shunsui if he hid in the shadows, no one would be able to tell where he was. In my opinion he could have done this to Aizen but it was an Illusion. In fact he wasn't even startled that they didn't beat him when they thought. Only Hitsugaya got pissed off and charged like a dummy. It looked to me like Shunsui Soi-Fon and Shinji were all preparing for another attack. We seen how good they worked together. Imagine how good he would work together with Juushiro. They are said to be above everyone else in terms of combat when they're together. This is probably why WW was ordered to take out Ukitake, so Shunsui and him couldnt team together to beat mr. Illusion

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now we can't really judge uki b/c the plot screwed him over. But we can judge shunsui and shunsui is without a doubt a top class shinigami
    Where did u get the raise exponentially???
    And sorry,how many captains have we seen fighting as a pair??most of them doesn't even know what kind of bankai the others have....
    And again,what kind of opponent would they team up against???others captain???lame......menos and adjuchas???lame,but u get a point here,their powers would be useful seeing that they would counter ceros whle slashing in saying black and white all the time.....VL???one may be above any single captain,but against 2 captain any of them can be defeated.....

So what is this supposed strenght of the duo???
    And sorry,even in 2 they couldn't hit Stark,it took 4 person to catch him off guard.....
    And seriously all this Shunsui has beaten STark with just shikai watching only at the small picture and not at the big picture is totally lame,in the end in the same way(from playing possum, to sneak behind a distracted opponent,to kill him with an unreleased/released weapon) Hisagi killed Tousen which is above Stark...oh well,Hisagi was even heavily injured...
    Do people consider Hisagi a monster for this? no......because he doesn't have all the fanboyism that Shunsui has.....

People always look at the small picture here just to back up a truth that is never the entirety of the truth....it might be convenient but surely it's not what mature persons does...
    Last edited by Yans86; April 21, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast