Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

To be honest, I'm going to watch it simply because I'm very interested if Germany's entry will be unsuccessful again. Besides that, there's really nothing which could convince me not to change the channel when the Eurovision is showing *lol*
    I'm almost entirely sure that I won't like 90% of the performances. Most songs are either damn cheesy or take getting used to, and don't get me started on the stage show v_v! I'm simply not too fond of guys wearing super tight, sparkly leather pants, participants being dressed as robots, etcetera. Additionally, the majority of the singers partaking shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves "artists", since they are not able to sing at all.

Actually you would think that people who represent their whole country at such a contest must have got pipes; that's definitely not the case. I'd even go as far as to say that I can sing better than half of the contestants without acting totally fake.

Well, I guess there's a good reason why Italy doesn't take part XD

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Same over here... It has been many years now since I have watched Eurosong. If I check it out then it'll be indeed to see how my country's entry is doing, but that's it.

+ mostly they - especially eastern European countries - always end up giving their neighbours higher points. Ah well, you can't blame them because as it is said: 90% of the songs aren't most people's cup of tea. Maybe that's why they always end up supporting ridiculous act, neighbour acts, etc

Italy foresaw it pretty fast.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    + mostly they - especially eastern European countries - always end up giving their neighbours higher points.
    Tastes differ, yes.

That's exactly why Eastern bloc countries' entries tend to do better :I
    I personally don't really think that certain ties or friendships between concerned countries loom large.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pandaaqueen View Post
    Tastes differ, yes.

That's exactly why Eastern bloc countries' entries tend to do better :I
    I personally don't really think that certain ties or friendships between concerned countries loom large.
    Could be a matter of taste but well, there's definitely a neigbour part (all over Europe). Eg. we always get high points from Holland and vice versa

but anyway, have you seen Serbia's entry (and some others)... WTH oO -> act > music in these performances

I think finals will go between:
    Belgium, Germany, Greece and...
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

In the news they said like Azerbaijan's entry top in the online votings atm, so I did search for the song and ended up reprising it for a few times now. And I actually can see it in the top 3 that is as well. Check tis out.
    Safura Alizade - Drip-Drop
    Song starts pretty weak but builds up quite quick, it's not bad, really. I think Europe might like it as well, we'll see.

Ob btw. Do we have the results from the first semi already, or when will they be revealed?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki
    but anyway, have you seen Serbia's entry (and some others)... WTH oO -> act > music in these performances
    Serbia's entry completely complies with what I can't stand. Plus, his hair style should be forbidden; compared with Milan Stanković, I'd even say that Justin Bieber's hairdo is kinda nice *lol*

Quote Quote:
    I think finals will go between:
    Belgium, Germany, Greece and...
    I really don't know :I The only thing I know is that Germany and Azerbaijan are both favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye
    Ob btw. Do we have the results from the first semi already, or when will they be revealed?
    - Bosnia & Herzegovina
    - Moldova
    - Russia
    - Greece
    - Portugal
    - Belarus
    - Serbia
    - Belgium
    - Albania
    - Iceland

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Serbia's entry completely complies with what I can't stand. Plus, his hair style should be forbidden; compared with Milan Stanković, I'd even say that Justin Bieber's hairdo is kinda nice *lol*

I really don't know :I The only thing I know is that Germany and Azerbaijan are both favourites.
    Same over here... I can't stand those acts. There's choreography and there's "choreography" (aka kitsch). His hairdo (reminds me, I need a cut very fast ), the rest and everything is ridiculous.

Listened to AzerBaijan, it's definitely not bad but it isn't exactly my cup of tea. I have never had a liking for that genre, but yeah it'll end quite high if not a potential winner
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    (reminds me, I need a cut very fast ),
    OMG! Hurry up then! But as long as you don't look like him, everything's fine =P

There are also those who suddenly grow butterfly wings while singing a song about love, freedom and other positive things *lol*

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Listened to AzerBaijan, it's definitely not bad but it isn't exactly my cup of tea. I have never had a liking for that genre, but yeah it'll end quite high if not a potential winner
    Don't forget that she's smokin'

Oh, well, Not surprised that Sweden's entry didn't go through, it was a joke. We should've sent Manboy but that wouldn't have been good enough to compete in the top either. We need a new GM of the Swedish Song Contest, this guy is singing his last verse, hasn't given us good entries for years, and clearly we need something new...
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Hurry up then! But as long as you don't look like him, everything's fine =P

There are also those who suddenly grow butterfly wings while singing a song about love, freedom and other positive things *lol*
    it doesn't look like him (but still, bland hairdo). If I would have a hairdo like that guy, I would have prayed to be bald for the rest of my life

yeah, which country was that again? Aesthetically, it was nice but I really can't remember the song or country. The butterflies hypnotized me

btw, this semi final's contestants in majority and in contrast to Tuesday, didn't at least look like clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Don't forget that she's smokin'

Oh, well, Not surprised that Sweden's entry didn't go through, it was a joke. We should've sent Manboy but that wouldn't have been good enough to compete in the top either. We need a new GM of the Swedish Song Contest, this guy is singing his last verse, hasn't given us good entries for years, and clearly we need something new...
    Kinda sad that you can't represent your country in your neighbouring country. Then again, don't feel ashamed because this semi final's quality was better
    Last edited by Koen; May 27, 2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lyra Belaqua's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thanking gods nobody voted for Lithuania. I live in Lithuania so the television presenter rooted for them but I just didn't want that disgrace to be seen by any more people.

This Eurovision is much weaker than last year's, which is a shame. The only songs I rooted for where Ukraine and Slovakia, and Slovakia didn't even get to the finals :/ And anyway, neither of them were anywhere near as good as 2009 Sweden and 2009 Estonia, or 2008 Bosnia and Herzegovina (which is my most favourite Eurovision song).

I suppose I can still root for Ukraine, but it doesn't matter who I root for, since Azerbaijan is a guaranteed win.

Oh well, I can always look forward to the next year's Eurovision, hopefully the 2011 contest will be just as great as the 2009 contest.
    Last edited by Lyra Belaqua; May 28, 2010 at 02:38 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Soooo people...? Who's watching?

My money is on Aserbaijan.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching with an other eye. I lol'ed at the random guy running to stage during Spain's performance.

EDIT: About Moldova.. Wannabe-Gaga
    Last edited by Ustegius; May 29, 2010 at 02:25 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Safura looks like a doll; she's a bit too perfect for my liking ._.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh God,homo je balkan.

It's not really my taste.

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast