Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Favorite New Anime, Summer 2013

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kingdom 2

1 5.56%
  • Brothers Conflict

0 0%
  • InuHasa

1 5.56%
  • Gifuu Doudou!!

1 5.56%
  • Tamayura: More Aggressive

0 0%
  • Love Lab

6 33.33%
  • Servant x Service

3 16.67%
  • C3-bu

2 11.11%
  • Danganronpa

0 0%
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu SS

1 5.56%
  • Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen

2 11.11%
  • Gatchman Crowds

1 5.56%
  • Fate/kaleid

1 5.56%
  • Gen'ei

1 5.56%
  • Kinmoza

0 0%
  • High School DxD New

4 22.22%
  • Monogatari Series: Second Season

4 22.22%
  • Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2

3 16.67%
  • Genshiken Nidaime

1 5.56%
  • Uchouten Kazoku

4 22.22%
  • KamiNai

0 0%
  • Fantasista Doll

0 0%
  • Makai Ouji

1 5.56%
  • Blood Lad

3 16.67%
  • Watamote

0 0%
  • Kaminomi: Megami-hen

0 0%
  • Free

6 33.33%
  • Gin no Saji

5 27.78%
  • Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku

2 11.11%
  • Choujigen Game Neptune

2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Anime of the Summer 2013 Season

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Anime of the Summer 2013 Season

Vote for your favorite anime from the summer of 2013!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Anime of the Summer 2013 Season

Damn, there have been a lot of anime that I watched so determining the best among them is difficult for me. XD
    However if I have to chose one, I'd chose Love Lab, because it was really funny to watch, especially for Maki and Riko. LOL

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Damn, there have been a lot of anime that I watched so determining the best among them is difficult for me. XD
    However if I have to chose one, I'd chose Love Lab, because it was really funny to watch, especially for Maki and Riko. LOL
    This is multiple selection, so, I wasn't that worried about deciding on a best, but Love Lab would probably #1 if I tried to make a decision ^^

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to admit this season had been pretty underwhelming for me, as I did not follow couple of series regularly except several sequels. Fortunately, I love Uchuten Kazoku from this season, and if I only could choose one from multiple choices, Uchuten is the anime I'm going to choose. Original, great story and wonderful animation; shame it's only receive warm welcome.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the season as a whole wasn't all that great, though shows like Servant x Service and Love Lab delivered some good and entertaining comedy. I'm with Doku here, if I had to choose one favourite among the one-cour series, it's Uchouten Kazoku. Beautiful art and animation and a weird but splendid cast. Definitely my favourite by far, something I've looked highly forward to every week. Shame it's already over, I would love to follow the idiocy of the Shimogamo family some more.

I'm looking forward to the OST very much, some tracks were just too good. A show that really deserves more attention in my opinion, shame so few people bothered to check it out.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Netorare's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver Spoon, Genshiken & Highschool DxD were great.
    Love Lab was fun too.

Kimi no Iru Machi ist missing in the list.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Our polls only allow 30 options, and there were 31 anime this season. Something had to be left off, and Kimimachi was pretty much DOA, online and in Japan.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi no Iru Machi wouldn't get any votes, anyway. The anime is for at least half part a collection of randomly jumbled scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Our polls only allow 30 options, and there were 31 anime this season. Something had to be left off, and Kimimachi was pretty much DOA, online and in Japan.
    But just out of curiousity, what does DOA mean ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Netorare's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

dead on arrival
    but I can't believe that stuff like inu to hasami wa tsukaiyou or fantasista doll got more attention...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither Inuhasa or Fantasista Doll were that popular, but they still got more attention than Kimimachi. Kimimachi just wasn't that good of a manga in the first place. I really don't like Seo Kaoji's writing style, his characters get on my nerves. Not counting sequels, Free was arguably the most popular new series of the summer.

I really enjoyed this season. I only dropped two shows, and regret dropping one of them. At some point I'll give Kinmoza another chance. Uchuten Kazoku was my favorite. Such a smart, warm, multi-layered show. I also voted for Love Lab and Free. Love Lab was hilarious, one of my favorite recent comedies. A great cast of characters, great chemistry, funny jokes, and near perfect physical humor. Free was also a great show, more than just fanservice for women. The story was well paced, the characters all interesting, both the friendship and main conflict felt real, and unforced. It was a funny show too. Highly recommended. There were plenty of other memorable shows this season. Gin no Saji, C3-bu, Servant x Service, Gatchaman Crowds, Rozen Maiden, Kaminai, Kaminomi, and Watamote were all excellent. I'd recommend every one of them. Gen'ei was even a pleasant show. Not great, but it had enough good points that it was still a satisfying anime. Monogatari Second Season has also been excellent, but not a good as previous seasons. It feels like something is missing, it's felt like some of the humor and word play is missing from this season. Still a great show. Blood Lad was the only show I watched that I really did not like. Generic action, centered around meaningless fights, with a contrived plot. The characters were all great, only they were stuck in an awful story.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Inuhasa was very enjoyable and funny but I have no idea why I watched and finished Fantasista Doll...

Furthermore I forgot to vote for SxS... T__T

The highlight of this season was Love Lab for me. After that Kitakubu because it is random on an epic level.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Free!, Makai Ouji Devils and Realist, and Hakkenden Eight Dogs of the East 2 for me. All had such good friendship values and high friendship levels while delivering really good storys. Free! was most exciting for Rin and Haruka's friendship and trying to rekindle it, while Makai Ouji had the hilarious and lovable William Twining and Dantelion (and such good character music, Believe my Diece, and A Shadows Love Song), and Hakkenden was such good storytelling action and drama.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    OK, the anime Kimi Machi was pretty bad and could be considered DOA but the manga isn't that bad at all! Just like tons of other mangas, it became dull and boring sometimes, but it's a great manga

Anyway, i loved SxS! I had so much fun watching this anime... i look forward to seeing a new season but i guess it will not occur =/ i also enjoyed HSDxD 2, Gatchaman, Rozen Maiden, Makai Ouji, Blood Lad (so much fun as well), Hakkenden 2 (loved this season, it had a lot of action!). I also watched Free!, Brothers Conflict, Danganronpa and Fate/Illya, i liked them all but i liked the others more.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The characters are whiny, annoying, and self-obsessed. Typical characteristics of characters in Seo Kaoji manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a matter of taste, i can see a whole story behind what happens in the manga, between the childhood friends of Hiroshima, about the love that Haruto feels for Yuzuki... just like i said before, it became dull sometimes and i think Kouji lost his focus after Kazama death and took some time to get the rythm again. But i consider Kimi Machi a very good manga, lately it's been a good reading, and i think it had turn into a good slice of life with fun, drama, etc.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast