Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65

Thread: Cross Marian's Age?

  1. #31
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Oh they usually put ages in character books, right? I didn't think of that. Maybe the question will finally be solved. I'm putting my bets on 44.

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    hmm his age?
    i been wondering that to HAHAH maybe around 40-50 years old?

  3. #33
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Hm, with the latest chapter we know that he's at least over 35 years old since that's when Neah died. He certinally doesn't look like a 50+ guy to me so I think this cements the fact that he doesn't age normally.

  4. #34
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    With that mask of his, that seems to have the ability to change his appearance at his will, might have something to do with the fact that he looks so young. With a disguise like that, Cross could be anyone.

  5. #35
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    The didn't reveal his age in the new character book as far as I've seen..... *sigh* why is that fact so mysterious?
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

  6. #36
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor_A.Knox View Post
    The didn't reveal his age in the new character book as far as I've seen..... *sigh* why is that fact so mysterious?
    It's really a shame! We don't even know which country he's from so he's shrouded in mystery. My guess is that he's in his late-30s to early-40s.

  7. #37
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Could be.... Or maybe Hoshino is planning something? (Cross lived a 100 years already or something and he came from Atlantis!!....lol...)
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

  8. #38
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    It's really a shame! We don't even know which country he's from so he's shrouded in mystery. My guess is that he's in his late-30s to early-40s.
    Late 30s to early 40s...that might be impossible, given that at the time of Mana's death, chapter 206 of DGM reveals that Cross had apparently been searching for the 14th's new host for the past 30 years. And adding that to the five or so years since then, Cross must be at the very least 35 years old, but of course he actually has to be older than that, too. Because if he is, say, 40 years old...that would mean he met the 14th and became his follower at the age of 5. Which is very unrealistic. If we up his age to 45, that, too, is unrealistic.

    Could Cross have been the 14th's follower at the age of 10, and been the one person the 14th relied on to promise to take care of Mana? Doubtful. I imagine that Cross must have been at the very least 15 at that time. So my guess is that his age now is a minimum of 50, but that he could be older than that. As Sensei says above, we know for a fact now that Cross is either not ageing naturally, or using some sort of magic to hide his real appearance. I'm betting on the former.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #39
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor_A.Knox View Post
    Could be.... Or maybe Hoshino is planning something? (Cross lived a 100 years already or something and he came from Atlantis!!....lol...)
    Maybe! There's probably a reason why several of the characters don't have a complete profile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    Late 30s to early 40s...that might be impossible, given that at the time of Mana's death, chapter 206 of DGM reveals that Cross had apparently been searching for the 14th's new host for the past 30 years. And adding that to the five or so years since then, Cross must be at the very least 35 years old, but of course he actually has to be older than that, too. Because if he is, say, 40 years old...that would mean he met the 14th and became his follower at the age of 5. Which is very unrealistic. If we up his age to 45, that, too, is unrealistic.

    Could Cross have been the 14th's follower at the age of 10, and been the one person the 14th relied on to promise to take care of Mana? Doubtful. I imagine that Cross must have been at the very least 15 at that time. So my guess is that his age now is a minimum of 50, but that he could be older than that. As Sensei says above, we know for a fact now that Cross is either not ageing naturally, or using some sort of magic to hide his real appearance. I'm betting on the former.
    My guess was based on his appearance alone so your calculations are more correct since you've taken into account on how long he's been searching for the 14th's host. The ages of quite a few characters (Mana, Road, Allen and even Tyki) are either unknown or presumed. It's possible that the ages are withheld so a definite timeline won't be made.

  11. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    O.o At home?
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cross´ age? Anyone?

    The new chappie left me thinking about one thing, so guys... am I the only one who´s been bothered by Cross´ age? I mean when he and Allen met the last time, he said that he was keeping an eye on him and that Allen/14th "promissed" him that he would return to Mana´s side - so here is the thing: Either Neah told him himself before he died and that would make Cross a reeeeeal old man: He said that 35 years ago and I think no child would be in a place of war *Note: I call it war.... but I mean the time when Neah had been taking care of his "brothers"* and it seemed to me that past!Allen took the only opportunity to let Neah use him short after the battle, and he also had lost his memories. Soooo I guess Cross HAD to be in a possition of interfere with the battle that maked me think he HAD to be older than 20 at least!

    Here go my theories:
    - Cross and Neah knew each other, as well as Past!Allen knew Neah. Right after the battle Allen took the oportunity to offer himself to Neah (I have such an urge to say "offered his body to Neah" but I don´t want to spread the slashes just for now anyways) and Cross found them, taking the possessed Allen and in that moment he could tell him that he would return. Aaaand I will be very optimistic and say that Cross is a veeeery talented magician and had made Allen young again.... (which of course had to be some time later *during the 35 years* coz Allen had to age to the certain point of being....5? i guess when Mana found him..... ) this making Cross at least 52 years old.

    -Or all that could happen without Cross, someone else took care of him, I would say that, again, some magician made him young but this time I dare to say Neah did his job inadvertently making Allen young again, and that mysterious man was related to young Cross, myby his family and so, and then when the person died, Cross took care of Allen... making Cross I´d say 35 - coz he really looked like a 35-year-old


    Sooo... If anyone bothered to read this - These are just my personal thoughts and I would like to hear your opinions.... so no flaming back *mental Thank you* I am really bad at smooth writting so I hope you know what I wanted to say....

    I am sorry for the mistakes in spelling (if there are some) and in the grammar (if there are some).








    * I am seriously thinking about writting a fanfic about this... hmm..... Allen offering his body to Neah....OMG I am such a pervert.... *


    "One shot is for all you did to everyone here... And all the rest are because you messed up my clothing." ~ Cross Marian to Level 4

  12. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Vietnam
    Posts
    266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross´ age? Anyone?

    Quote Quote:
    Cross is a veeeery talented magician and had made Allen young again....
    I don't think so, chapter 206 revealed that Cross didn't aware of Allen being a kid

  13. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    This shows one of the many reasons of why Cross shouldn't/couldn't have died yet!
    He has to many mysteries around him xD (+ he's awesome)
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

  14. #43
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Cross knew Neah 35 years ago, and more importantly was old enough to create the best Golem ever even back then so yeah, 50+, at least.

  15. #44
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    I have question guys.. I see many people believe that Cross is not dead. Can someone explain or give hints that cross is not dead.. Like some sort of hints given in manga. ( I even Personally believe that cross marian is not dead... he is just too good to die that way..) Another question is that since Cross's body wasn't found and his judgment gun is no longer his... what is the possibility of falling to a god?

  16. #45
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Cross Marian's Age?

    Quote Originally Posted by th3zone View Post
    I have question guys.. I see many people believe that Cross is not dead. Can someone explain or give hints that cross is not dead.. Like some sort of hints given in manga. ( I even Personally believe that cross marian is not dead... he is just too good to die that way..) Another question is that since Cross's body wasn't found and his judgment gun is no longer his... what is the possibility of falling to a god?
    The only things I can really tell you are: (1) We didn't get an actual dead body to confirm his death, (2) I don't see how such an important figure in the story can die like that with so little explanation and (3) Yes he is just too awesome to die like that.

    I'm still a bit fuzzy on the fullest conditions for one to become a fallen but given the nature of Cross's role as it relates to nea, i think that even if he wadsn't shot with judgement he would still be in danger of becoming a fallen eventually.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts