Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Yamamoto (limited) vs Shunsui

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto (limited) vs Shunsui

Rules and conditions:

1. Yamamoto has a limiter on him. The limiter reduces his power by 60%, so he has only 40% of his full power, regarding all aspects of his abilities and reiastu.

2. They both know each others abilities.

3. They start the fight in the air, in FKT.

I'm honestly not sure who would win. Hitsu limiter, limited him by 80%. That was enough to bring him down from the level of the 3rd Espada, to less than the 11th numeros. Yama on the otherhand at least has has double the reiastu of a captain, so a limiter might not hamper him as much. Not only that he's not limited as much in this battle. Still, Yama's super haxx power is reduced by 60%, so Shunsui has a chance of defending against it.

Shunsui is about one or two levels under Yama as far as ability and has an haxx shikai as well. Assuming their power is about the same at this point, I guess Yama would win. He has more skill, and experience than Shunsui. Also he knows all of Shunsui 's shikai abilities.

I'll change how much Yama's limited by, if it's agreed that their would a huge power difference with the current limiter.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; April 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto (limited) vs Shunsui

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Rules and conditions:

1. Yamamoto has a limiter on him. The limiter reduces his power by 60%, so he has only 40% of his full power, regarding all aspects of his abilities and reiastu.

2. They both know each others abilities.

3. They start the fight in the air, in FKT.

I'm honestly not sure who would win. Hitsu limiter, limited him by 80%. That was enough to bring him down from the level of the 3rd Espada, to less than the 11th numeros. Yama on the otherhand at least has has double the reiastu of a captain, so a limiter might not hamper him as much. Not only that he's not limited as much in this battle. Still, Yama's super haxx power is reduced by 60%, so Shunsui has a chance of defending against it.

Shunsui is about one or two levels under Yama as far as ability and has an haxx shikai as well. Assuming their power is about the same at this point, I guess Yama would win. He has more skill, and experience than Shunsui. Also he knows all of Shunsui 's shikai abilities.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I'll change how much is Yama's limited by if it's agreed that their would a huge power difference with the current limiter.
    This is hard to say because we haven't seen either of their bankai, and very little of Yamamoto's shikai. Yamamoto never even had a proper fight with his zanpakutou whatsoever (other than his brief skirmish against Shunsui and Juushirou which wasn't really shown).

I still think that Yamamoto would win because I think that Yamamoto is on Aizen's level, which means that he could take on like 10 captains at once. I don't think Shunsui is anywhere near Aizen or Yamamoto. He's roughly a little bit stronger than the other gotei 13 captains.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen isn't on Yama's level at all. even with his stupid illusions he still stood no chance without any outside help (WW). In fact I think yama could have taken Aizen without Ryujin-jakka. The way he pulverized WW into oblivion serves as enough proof for me that Yama is way above any captain. Hence all his stats being 100 except his strength. This due to his great age. I say it's a tie though. Yama knows Shunsui well, but it's the same for Shunsui. He knows his teacher well also. I woud say tie or Yama with a slight edge.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So can yama use his shikai? If so, shunsui may have his work cut out for him. But a limiter that great would also give shunsui the edge considering shunsui is very powerful. It would be a tie IMO. I like shunsui, but yama is the shit.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama can use his shikai. With the limiter I intended for Yama to be on a similar level as Shunsui is on (as far as power is concerned). I still think Yama would win, because of his skill level.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yama has definite skill, that's for sure. but we haven't seen as much from Shunsui to say that he isn't as skilled. Weve only seen one fight from Shunsui with Stark, and the massacre of Chad (sorry chad buddy but at least you lived).

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Shunsui be as skilled as the CC? Yama has all his stats up and is way more experienced.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how don't we know? how do we know? all we have are assumptions from one fight with stark. yama has fought on more occasions than Shunsui and Ukitake have. Yama has beaten Alon, and his makers. Then Yama has beaten WW, and almost fought against Aizen. That's more than 2 fights, with and without his sword. Shunsui has one fight with his sword, against Stark. And the fight against Chad wasn't even a fight. It was an effortless two sword slash strike that disabled him. The battle against Aizen didn't showcase anything new besides him hiding in the shadow (again) of Hitsu's ice. Yama has shown sword combat and hand to hand combat and demonstrated kido spells of very high levels. We haven't seen his two favorite students in very much action

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

yama wins because of near perfect skill in all areas of shimigami combat while shunsui is just skilled in combat. even if you limit his shikai to 60% it still bigger than most bankai. yama is a beast.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The limiter applies to ALL areas of yama's skills and abilities. Not just his shikai. Yama will be 60% slower, 60% less powerful, 60% less of a tank, etc. With just 40% of his strength, shunsui may have the edge. But RJ is an amazing zanpaktou

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread isn't the best fight scenario. I believe Yama is in a class on his own, Shunsui and Ukitake can come close when combined, but alone i don't think they're standing much of a chance. No one does in my opinion, even with the limiter.

New Reply