Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 157

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 157

episode was okay the animation was not that good. but it should be better later

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man...I don't want great, but can I have original series level production values? Please?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am simply amazed at how poorly the animation team executed this episode. It looked absolutely horrid.

I really hope the animation teams do not find a way to ruin these episodes, because this arc was definitely the best fighting in the series thus far. I just don't see how they can execute so poorly considering what they have to work with.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saifi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the animation was definitely horrible what made it more horrible were static frames and changing quality of scenes in the same episode , so the crappy parts stand out more (naruto and fukasaku) the pacing seemed ... slow , it took forever for tsunade to find out and the atks animation was just ... "sluggish" !

The back ground music should have been a lot more dominant to make you feel the seriousness.

also to those people saying that anyone kommenting on bad animation need to realize that they are saving budget, to them i say .... anime shouldn't have crap animation eps and super animation eps, the animators need to keep a damn consistent lvl , they are supposed to be professionals and its not as if Naruto Shippuden series does NOT make a shit ton of cash for em ... they need to get less high school girls for compensated dating and pour that into the animation budget.again the anime need not be super but the viewer should not have to realize that there are budget issues, keeping a decent base throughout should be good enough.

Ps: i dont really think its a budget problem either , i think its the fact that they know they can get away with shit and are getting lazy!

If anyone needs an example of an anime that supercedes its manga , look no further than MONSTER, that is how an anime is supposed to be , its supposed to enhance the story's appeal , not make viewers lower their expectations and settle.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What I believe Pierrot is doing is putting in a crap load of budget into the movies. Personally I rather not have so many movies and use the extra budget for the anime. Canon > Fillers, and movies are fillers. Part 1 had such lovely animation rather consistently throughout the whole series and really enhanced your experience of the story. Part 1 anime > manga in my opinion, HARD. Part 2 has been a big dissapointment overall with the exception of many episodes since Sasuke vs Deidara, those have been pretty good averagely. I agree though I'd rather even out the budget and make the overall quality good and have less "super episodes". Seriously, if you take a look at Bleach you instantly realize that they have a far greater overall quality. Naruto is more of a rollercoaster ride while Bleach has a more balanced quality, with very few super episodes.

I see why they're putting the crap teams on these episodes tough, as they're most likely letting them put out all their episodes before the true pros come in and do the important stuff. It's pretty sad to think about these guys being "pros" and giving out this type of animation. Are they actually happy with their work? I would frown so loudly if this was the best I could do and I was animating for such a huge series as Naruto. This episode should have been better. An invasion is supposed to be terrifying and this was not close to terrifying. They started out very good though with showing the peaceful daily life in Konoha, that was a great extra touch. All in all the episode wasn't that bad, but the few parts with horrible animation just downgraded my overall impression so dramatically.
    Last edited by 3c; April 23, 2010 at 04:47 AM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Paradoxicon's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside of the so-so animation, I really liked the pace and the ideas. Pain was simply awesome, breaking into that peaceful situation.

Of course some moments were lacking, most of all Sakura. She gets a moment to shine once every 100 episodes and they made it look crappy. It felt more like closing a door rather than knocking out a giant centipede in terms of power.

Alas, we know they can do better, and for a mediocre animation team this was a good episode.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww come on its not that bad,
    I mean, some episode will have to look crappy in order
    for the rest to look awesome.
    I think its okay, but I have to agree, din't bring out the mood like in the manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is there an episode this week or will it be on break this week cause of golden week like the manga?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    is there an episode this week or will it be on break this week cause of golden week like the manga?
    There will be a episode this week, anime is not affected by Golden Week.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member $nipe's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind so much about the quality of animation, but I hate the lack of originality on the guys who make the storyboards... it seems as if anything not on a manga panel is most likely to turn out as plain awful.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 157: Beautiful

This is the episode where the Nine Tails awakens in response to Hinata and Pain's brief interaction.

The artwork in the long battle scene is so much different from typical Kishimoto, at times couldn't help but be reminded of FLCL. (Specifically when the Nine Tails' punch lands on Pain's jaw.)

Perhaps this is an unnecessary thread, but I think it's worth speculating that the artwork in this particular episode (and some I'm sure is CGI) is brilliantly orchestrated, and well worth a second watch.

Edit: Episode name is Planetary Devestation.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3