Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Strongest Mages?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herminihildo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Mages?

Yeah, we forgot the topic was strongest mages ^_^
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand the binary and those who don't

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would really have liked to see Erza and Mirajane fight back in the day when Mira was still the "Demon". Or maybe Makarov always intervened so the guild or town or wherever they were fighting wouldn tget completely destroyed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I would really have liked to see Erza and Mirajane fight back in the day when Mira was still the "Demon". Or maybe Makarov always intervened so the guild or town or wherever they were fighting wouldn tget completely destroyed.
    Cat fights are hawt. ^_^

I personally think mirajane is the strongest of the S class mages at her peak ... I mean when she forced her magic into the river and bent it around her .. even the elite guy she was fighting was like ...WTF .. HAXORZ..?

I'm hoping Fairytail gets in trouble again ..a nd goes "Dark Guild" .. I'm kinda tired of the Council being political pricks ...
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Gildartz is clearly the strongest after Makarov, than it's debatable, but it should be Erza. Then it's Natsu.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member OldSkOoL's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Mirajane in her demon form could give Natsu a run for his money.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'd say tops is Gildartz because his magic supposedly just wrecks everything that he gets close to if he's not ridiculously careful. Second would've been Laxus or Mystogan, but they're gone. Following closely would be angry Mirajane and Erza, probably about on par with one another also.
    Now, more interestingly, non S-Class mages:
    Natsu-Dragon Slayer potential gives him more raw force than just about anyone. In a flat-out brawl I don't see him losing very easily.
    Gajeel-Pretty much a marginally weaker Natsu. Still Dragon Slayer. Still dangerous. No reason he couldn't kick the tar out of most opponents.
    Fried-I believe there's a limit to what he can cast with his runes based on his personal mastery of his magic. I have doubts as to how easily he can cast annihilation on someone and one-shot them, for instance. I think there's some kind of will saving throw or something against his abilities. For instance, I suspect Natsu would beat Fried in a fight because Natsu's a force of nature, not just because of plot. I think actually casting annihilation is probably very draining on him. Yes, I'm hypothesizing, but his spells like Pain were fantastic, and make him a very dangerous mage. I'd probably rank him above Natsu in usefulness, but Natsu beats him in raw power. His abilities in melee and preparation are both highly above average. Natsu is more powerful, Freid is more skilled. And since I rank Gajeel effectively equivalent to Natsu, the same goes for him. Additionally, Demon mode was frickin' awesome. Hope to see it again.
    Mest-He evidently narrowly lost the previous year. I'm excited for his potential. I expect he'll be a very powerful character.
    Wendy-Powerful, just not combat oriented. Her small stature, age, and element make her unsuited for fighting, but in terms of magical power she probably rivals the other Dragon Slayers, but cannot make full use of it due to her physical inability.
    Pantherlily-He fought Gajeel relatively evenly in Edoras and was ranked above Edoras Erza, even though he's nerfed now. I suspect he's very competent in combat.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolerthanzerok View Post
    Well, I'd say tops is Gildartz because his magic supposedly just wrecks everything that he gets close to if he's not ridiculously careful. Second would've been Laxus or Mystogan, but they're gone. Following closely would be angry Mirajane and Erza, probably about on par with one another also.
    Now, more interestingly, non S-Class mages:
    Natsu-Dragon Slayer potential gives him more raw force than just about anyone. In a flat-out brawl I don't see him losing very easily.
    Gajeel-Pretty much a marginally weaker Natsu. Still Dragon Slayer. Still dangerous. No reason he couldn't kick the tar out of most opponents.
    Fried-I believe there's a limit to what he can cast with his runes based on his personal mastery of his magic. I have doubts as to how easily he can cast annihilation on someone and one-shot them, for instance. I think there's some kind of will saving throw or something against his abilities. For instance, I suspect Natsu would beat Fried in a fight because Natsu's a force of nature, not just because of plot. I think actually casting annihilation is probably very draining on him. Yes, I'm hypothesizing, but his spells like Pain were fantastic, and make him a very dangerous mage. I'd probably rank him above Natsu in usefulness, but Natsu beats him in raw power. His abilities in melee and preparation are both highly above average. Natsu is more powerful, Freid is more skilled. And since I rank Gajeel effectively equivalent to Natsu, the same goes for him. Additionally, Demon mode was frickin' awesome. Hope to see it again.
    Mest-He evidently narrowly lost the previous year. I'm excited for his potential. I expect he'll be a very powerful character.
    Wendy-Powerful, just not combat oriented. Her small stature, age, and element make her unsuited for fighting, but in terms of magical power she probably rivals the other Dragon Slayers, but cannot make full use of it due to her physical inability.
    Pantherlily-He fought Gajeel relatively evenly in Edoras and was ranked above Edoras Erza, even though he's nerfed now. I suspect he's very competent in combat.
    Lol has Natsu ever lost except for his fellow guild mates

even he is already exhausted, he will come back again like a zombie and turn on the fight which is quite ...
    CLEANED

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    Lol has Natsu ever lost except for his fellow guild mates

even he is already exhausted, he will come back again like a zombie and turn on the fight which is quite ...
    LOL when fighting for his guild or against some one who has massively pissed him off grant shim a massive power boost since emotions are apart of natsus magic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

yea , excitement to fight dies after some time , anger only increases . Natsu is not really ever angry with his Guild mates , so he fights w/o use of flames of emotions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Weren't mirajane and erza said to be equals and rivals? How did that suddenly create the idea that mira was actually superior to erza lol. I think they used to be equals but right now considering erza has still been fighting while mira hasn't I can't see mira being the stronger one.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

1-Makarov
    2-Gildartz
    3-Luxus i hope they let him in the guild again in the future
    4-Erza (she could even be above Luxus but still he has fairy law...)
    5-Mira (equal to Erza but hasnt been fighting for years , she did destroy Fried easily though)
    6-Probably Mest
    7-Natsu/Gazille/Gray/Fried all on same level imo
    8-Lucy/Juvia/Elfman/Evergreen/Bixlow
    9-all others
    Last edited by plank; October 27, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner UTM's Avatar
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1- Gildartz
    2-Luxus
    3- mirajane equal with erza

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Makarov
    2. Gildartz
    3. Mystogan/Luxus
    4. Erza
    5. Natsu
    6. Mira
    7. Gazille
    8. Gray
    9. Fried
    10. Juvia

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja View Post
    1. Makarov
    2. Gildartz
    3. Erza
    4. Mira
    5. Natsu
    6. Gazille
    7. Fried
    8. Bixlow
    9. Evergreen
    10. Gray

Yes , i take gray weaker than Bixlow coz in their fight , Bix never used his eye power
    Fixed i guess
    Last edited by Bhoot; November 01, 2010 at 06:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Strongest Mages?

hello everyone ^^
    my first reply here

well, makarov's magical power makes him kinda sick, he can't control it freely anymore >.<

gildartz is very strong, though...he's always afraid of using his MP...and we knew very well why when fought against natsu...man, the world was shaking !!!

ok, due to chap 209... my final opinion will be as following

1 - ZEREF
    2 - GILDARTZ
    3 - HADES
    4 - MYSTOGAN
    5 - ERZA
    6 - MIRAJANE
    7 - NATSU DRAGNEEL ^^

sorry for possible bad eng and also for including non-seen-mages-MP...
    jana
    Last edited by MST-ar; November 05, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast