Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126

Thread: Strongest Mages?

  1. #106
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Why are there so many Gildarts fans here ?

  2. #107
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Why are there so many Gildarts fans here ?
    Why not?
    He's the typical, extremely strong laid-back father figure to the main character.

    Think Jiraiya, Shanks, etc.

    They are usually the favorite character of everyone.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  3. #108
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    ^ The problem is that you guys are hyping him too much. He's not worth half the credit you guys give him. And comparing him to Makarov is just really wrong...

  4. #109
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    ^ The problem is that you guys are hyping him too much. He's not worth half the credit you guys give him. And comparing him to Makarov is just really wrong...
    Aside from Fairy Law, Makarov is not that impressive, IMO.
    Sure, he can become huge (enough to battle Acnologia), but he hasn't showcase that he's invincible or something like that.

    I fail to see how he would be able to prevent Gildartz to use his magic against him...

    And like I said, Fairy Law is a pretty restricted magic that he cannot use against everybody.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; February 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  5. #110
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Aside from Fairy Law, Makarov is not that impressive, IMO.
    Sure, he can become huge (enough to battle Acnologia), but he hasn't showcase that he's invincible or something like that.

    I fail to see how he would be able to prevent Gildartz to use his magic against him...
    Shaking the world, creating Tsunamis, creating a thunderstorm and basically causing a disaster is nothing impressive ? And what if Gildarts use his magic on him ? As if that pathetic magic will even scratch Makarov.

    Gildarts was said to be equal to Jura who laughs the idea of being compared to Makarov, that's how far above Gildarts he is. Take Fairy Law and his Titan magic and Gildarts still doesn't stand a chance.

  6. #111
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Shaking the world, creating Tsunamis, creating a thunderstorm and basically causing a disaster is nothing impressive ? And what if Gildarts use his magic on him ? As if that pathetic magic will even scratch Makarov.

    Gildarts was said to be equal to Jura who laughs the idea of being compared to Makarov, that's how far above Gildarts he is. Take Fairy Law and his Titan magic and Gildarts still doesn't stand a chance.
    Alright, alright.
    Makarov is superior.

    But Gildartz is still probably the 2nd strongest one (equal to Jellal and Jura).


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  7. #112
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Shaking the world, creating Tsunamis, creating a thunderstorm and basically causing a disaster is nothing impressive ? And what if Gildarts use his magic on him ? As if that pathetic magic will even scratch Makarov.

    Gildarts was said to be equal to Jura who laughs the idea of being compared to Makarov, that's how far above Gildarts he is. Take Fairy Law and his Titan magic and Gildarts still doesn't stand a chance.
    That's Makorov's statement. It doesn't really mean much. It was more than once stated that Gray and Natsu are equal whereas we know that this isn't true.
    Let's see Jura is porbably equal to Zero and not even Zero could force Natsu to his knees when he released his magic. Neither did Jellal.

    Care to show me where makarov made a tsunami??

    Gildarts can crash any magic.

  8. #113
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    That's Makorov's statement. It doesn't really mean much. It was more than once stated that Gray and Natsu are equal whereas we know that this isn't true.
    Let's see Jura is porbably equal to Zero and not even Zero could force Natsu to his knees when he released his magic. Neither did Jellal.

    Care to show me where makarov made a tsunami??

    Gildarts can crash any magic.
    How doesn't it mean much ? There is no one with more knowledge than him in the guild (with the exception of Mavis who also noted on how powerful Jura is.) And Natsu and Gray are equal in terms of feat, at least they were up until the timeskip.

    That was DF Natsu, and Zero is far below Jura.

    Here and here.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; February 15, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

  9. #114
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    How doesn't mean much ? There is no one with more knowledge than him in the guild (with the exception of Mavis who also noted on how powerful Jura is.) And Natsu and Gray are equal in terms of feat, at least they were up until the timeskip.

    That was DF Natsu, and Zero is far below Jura.

    Here and here.
    Gray was never equal to natsu maybe when they were kids.
    The link you showed is because of FL being activated something even laxus and Cana did when they each used FL and FG.

    What is your proof that Zero is below Jura??

    Let's see Gildarts. The only human who went on the 100 years mission and came back alive. Soemthing Jura isn't even considered to be a candidate for.
    Now why do you think Mashima sent gildarts on a journay instead of letting him take part in the games if there is somebody who would be able to challenge him.
    When was the last time makarov saw Gildarts fighting?
    I mean Makarov seem to be oblivous about the fact that Natsu is the strongest being out there. Someone who is even capable of killing Zeref.

  10. #115
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Gray was never equal to natsu maybe when they were kids.
    The link you showed is because of FL being activated something even laxus and Cana did when they each used FL and FG.

    What is your proof that Zero is below Jura??

    Let's see Gildarts. The only human who went on the 100 years mission and came back alive. Soemthing Jura isn't even considered to be a candidate for.
    Now why do you think Mashima sent gildarts on a journay instead of letting him take part in the games if there is somebody who would be able to challenge him.
    When was the last time makarov saw Gildarts fighting?
    I mean Makarov seem to be oblivous about the fact that Natsu is the strongest being out there. Someone who is even capable of killing Zeref.
    There are so many flaws in what you're saying...I don't even know where to begin. Let's see...Gray was always equal to Natsu and even defeat people who Natsu couldn't. The links I showed have nothing to do with Fairy Law, I can't even comprehend how you brought FL into this, it's too weird I can't wrap my head around it.

    What's my proof that Jura is stronger ? Well...he almost murdered him in a one-sided battle.

    Who said Jura can't go in a 100 year quest ? And what does him doing so have to do with anything ? Is failing miserably in a mission after wasting 3 years, that amazing?
    Why did he send him ? Who know why. That is completely irrelevant as to who is stronger.
    When ? Why does this even matter ?

    Natsu ? Strongest being ? Who exactly said something like this ? He has the "potential" to kill Zeref, not that he can at this moment. There is no one in the guild who knows how powerful Natsu is more than Makarov. He even felt that he could take on Laxus.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; February 15, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

  11. #116
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    1-Gildartz
    2-luxus
    3-natsu
    4-mirajane /erza
    5-gray/Gazille
    6-juvia

    ---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

    natsu whith dragon force no one in fairy tail could stand up aginst him
    only those in the same level as Gildartz

    because natsu is deatly machine whith that kind of power

  12. #117
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    ^ The problem is that you guys are hyping him too much. He's not worth half the credit you guys give him. And comparing him to Makarov is just really wrong...
    I think when the manga the started they've already given ranks

    1- Makarove / Gildartz ( he was shown below him, but it was said which one is stronger is debatable )

    2- Erza / Laxus / Mystogan (*cough* ...Laxus is stronger )

    Makarov standing his ground against Acknologia was indeed impressive, however don't forget what Gildartz said....It's not using the strength it did when we fought.
    Dreyar Style

  13. #118
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I think when the manga the started they've already given ranks

    1- Makarove / Gildartz ( he was shown below him, but it was said which one is stronger is debatable )

    2- Erza / Laxus / Mystogan (*cough* ...Laxus is stronger )

    Makarov standing his ground against Acknologia was indeed impressive, however don't forget what Gildartz said....It's not using the strength it did when we fought.
    That was the chain of command, not necessarily power. There was no direct statement as to who's stronger, except the comparison between Gildarts and Jura. And don't forget what Gildarts also said, it ended in a flash.

    In terms of feat, it's too funny to compare them

  14. #119
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That was the chain of command, not necessarily power. There was no direct statement as to who's stronger, except the comparison between Gildarts and Jura. And don't forget what Gildarts also said, it ended in a flash.

    In terms of feat, it's too funny to compare them
    I don't know which one is stronger between Gildartz n Jura, and it's hard to compare.....If Jura through a stone on Giladrtz; Gildartz will turn it into little pieces, however Jura can control those small pieces to put them together again the same thing he did when he fought Brain.

    So again Gildartz will turn those stones into more mini stones ? Endless fight hehe
    Dreyar Style

  15. #120
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    How people are hyping gildard so much?, he is strong as hell, he even survived from acnologia fight by himself.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts