Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126

Thread: Strongest Mages?

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    When has Fried's magic ever been like a two edged sword. We surely must be reading different mangas. If that were so, then Fried would suffer recoil damage from using his magic which he doesn't.

    Im not sure you read any of my posts. The runes he used in the battle of fairy tail that levi rewrote was his barrier which I and Makarov already stated is unfit for battle because it takes time to make. Because of this Fried does not create his barriers during battles. We already know that. Therefore, during battles, what he uses are the runes he writes either on himself, his opponent or the air. Whatever he writes is Absolute. We saw that against Elfman. He wrote the runes on Elfman for suffering, pain, fear and they all happened. Just when he was about to write on him the runes annihilation, mirajane interrupted. Fried is able to create such runes in an instant. That is the fact of the matter. Fried is able to create both easy runes such as for fear, and higher level ones like annihilation and they both look like child's play to him. It's his magic and it is within he's capabilities. This is the problem with each manga I read. We are introduced to a character with a totally haxed ability and then fans try nerf him down by claiming all sorts of things their ability cant possibly be able to do cause it looks totally unrealistic. People need to get used to the fact that there would be hax abilities. Its as simple as that.

    Fried's magic being able to be countered by Levi hardly degrades it in any way. It probably just means she is the only one his barrier would be ineffective against. However she probably wont even be able to rewrite runes he casts on himself, his opponents or the air which are the only runes he uses during battle anyway.

    This debate is totally pointless. He's ability is hax. That is all there is to it. Please its better to just simply say you dont like Fried or you dont think he is the strongest instead of claiming he cant do things he obviously can. Im not saying you should rate Fried's magic higher than anyone elses. It's up to you.
    Last edited by Freid; October 08, 2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herminihildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Gildartz, cause if he isn't FT would be a joke. Natsu and Gajeel also. They're dragonslayers and pretty much the ones who are taking on the big guys.

    As for Fried, his strength is situational. I see him more effective in setting traps than head-on battle. Don't get me wrong, his runes is a strong magic. But as displayed with the battle with Mirajane proved what I said. And as for the counter against runes, it seems that after the FT fight arc Levi could easily write off Fried's runes as shown in the latest arc. It seems like rune is like a programming code, once you know how it's written you can alter it. Even Evergreen can alter Fried's runes.
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand the binary and those who don't

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    You know, I wonder if its cause my post is long that people dont read it. Why would Fried be more effective in setting traps than head on battles?. We already know that his barriers can be rewritten by someone like levi, however the runes he uses for battles as of yet have not shown to be have this weakness of being able to be rewritten. You guys are assuming the only runes Fried uses are barriers. The runes he uses during battles do not take the form of barriers. We already know Fried does not create barriers in 1 on 1 fights cause they take time to create. Also the fight with Mirajane does not take away from what Fried is capable of. Everything I have said Fried is capable of, he remains still capable of. The speed Mirajane's transformation granted her was overwhelming and disallowed Fried to write his runes. He then even equalled her speed and strength by writing a rune himself making him a beast. Remember him saying that 'only a beast can tame a beast'. Also if you read back to my first post in this thread, I clearly stated that Fried is one of the strongest non S-class mage if not the strongest.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    You know, I wonder if its cause my post is long that people dont read it. Why would Fried be more effective in setting traps than head on battles?. We already know that his barriers can be rewritten by someone like levi, however the runes he uses for battles as of yet have not shown to be have this weakness of being able to be rewritten. You guys are assuming the only runes Fried uses are barriers. The runes he uses during battles do not take the form of barriers. We already know Fried does not create barriers in 1 on 1 fights cause they take time to create. Also the fight with Mirajane does not take away from what Fried is capable of. Everything I have said Fried is capable of, he remains still capable of. The speed Mirajane's transformation granted her was overwhelming and disallowed Fried to write his runes. He then even equalled her speed and strength by writing a rune himself making him a beast. Remember him saying that 'only a beast can tame a beast'. Also if you read back to my first post in this thread, I clearly stated that Fried is one of the strongest non S-class mage if not the strongest.
    Well it is a pain in the ass to read massive posts when its just line after line. It also easy to miss bits in information. Works better when text is broken up more.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Yea but I would expect someone disagreeing with my post to actually read it and understand it or else what would be the point. I would just end up replying to the same points I replied to before.
    Last edited by Freid; March 24, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Hmm i m gonna say the strongest would be eother Gil/Mira [depending on how serious the wounds to Gildartz are and well , have not really seen him fight]

    As for Fried , Markov clearly stated that while Fried's spells are good for Ambushing , runes take time to write and are not very good for a get go type of a fight

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    For the last time, the runes he uses for battle do not take time to write. It is his barriers that take time to write. Fried's runes do not only create barriers. I dont know where on earth people got that idea from. I have stated over 9000 times that his barriers are not fit for battle. His barriers take time making. His barriers are good for ambushes. The runes he writes during battles are cast instantly. Did you not see the fight with Elfman and that other fairy tail mage during the battle of fairy tail. I will go berserk if someone says the exact same thing
    Last edited by Freid; March 24, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  8. #38
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herminihildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    You know, I wonder if its cause my post is long that people dont read it. Why would Fried be more effective in setting traps than head on battles?. We already know that his barriers can be rewritten by someone like levi, however the runes he uses for battles as of yet have not shown to be have this weakness of being able to be rewritten. You guys are assuming the only runes Fried uses are barriers. The runes he uses during battles do not take the form of barriers. We already know Fried does not create barriers in 1 on 1 fights cause they take time to create. Also the fight with Mirajane does not take away from what Fried is capable of. Everything I have said Fried is capable of, he remains still capable of. The speed Mirajane's transformation granted her was overwhelming and disallowed Fried to write his runes. He then even equalled her speed and strength by writing a rune himself making him a beast. Remember him saying that 'only a beast can tame a beast'. Also if you read back to my first post in this thread, I clearly stated that Fried is one of the strongest non S-class mage if not the strongest.
    Sorry I was able to read your entire post, only bits of it, probably missed a line or two.

    I'm not only referring to barrier runes. Though it was used a lot of times, I think he could also make runes that could be a bomb or something that would immobilize his opponent. Fried is a smart mage and that is what makes him a formidable foe.

    Though he still has problems against faster opponents. Maybe it's just me but I also noticed during the fight with Mirajane, when he used the darkness rune on himself it seems that his rune magic suffered. Theoretically, he might not have enough magic power to perform another rune magic. That's probably why he also said "Just how much magical power does she have?" when she use that water magic on him. He was surprised that Mirajane has enough MP to use that water attack at the same time as using her satan soul.
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand the binary and those who don't

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Your second paragraph is correct. The guy can make the impossible become possible with his magic. Fried's greatest weakness is actually Mashima. The possibilities of Fried's magic is endless. He's basically God. 'Let there be light, and there was light'. Out of everyone, I think Mashima would have an easier time portraying Fried as S-class the best cause of his capabilities.

    Also its not the case that he has a problem against faster opponents, Mirajane was just overwhelmingly faster that he couldnt write his runes on her and to match her speed he then wrote it on himself turning him into a beast. Him not having enough magical power could be true. However, that would not be because of his transformation. Previously that day, he had created an enormous barrier, had fought with a fairy tail mage (though weak) created several runes around the town, fought Cana, fought Elfman. If indeed he did not have enough magical power then its safe to say all of these things were the cause and not simply cause he turned beast mode. Also when he said 'Just how much magical power does she have', it was simply because her magical power rose beyond his expectations. Remember when she first transformed, he said 'what is this power'. So then when her water magic simply displayed greater magical power than she previously had, it surprised him. Anyway, I said in my very first post that Fried is one of the strongest non S-class mage if not the strongest. I dont really care about what went down in the fight against Mirajane cause it was obvious Mashima wont let him defeat an S-class mage at that time.


    Also I'm not trying to convince anyone to think that Fried is the strongest in the world or something. I just think that his magic doesn't have as many flaws as people are claiming him to have
    Last edited by Freid; October 08, 2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  10. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herminihildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Him not having enough magical power could be true. However, that would not be because of his transformation. Previously that day, he had created an enormous barrier, had fought with a fairy tail mage (though weak) created several runes around the town, fought Cana, fought Elfman.
    True enough there are still a lot to consider. Was Fried tired that time? Or can't make succeeding powerful runes? Only Mashima knows. Or he probably didn't give much thought about and just let Mirajane pawn him for plot sake.

    Though I would rather have the second one because there's room for improvement, that there's this untapped potential that he would only discover when no longer under Laxus. Hopefully, giving him more room for character development.
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand the binary and those who don't

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    That's what im saying. Im leaning more to the fact that Fried lost because of plot. The possibilities of his magic are endless, but Mashima obviously wont make him beat Mirajane for obvious reasons. But anyway all I was saying is that Fried's runes dont have the weaknesses that people were claiming on him.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

  13. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Someplace in a country.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    When has Fried's magic ever been like a two edged sword. We surely must be reading different mangas. If that were so, then Fried would suffer recoil damage from using his magic which he doesn't.

    Im not sure you read any of my posts. The runes he used in the battle of fairy tail that levi rewrote was his barrier which I and Makarov already stated is unfit for battle because it takes time to make. Because of this Fried does not create his barriers during battles. We already know that. Therefore, during battles, what he uses are the runes he writes either on himself, his opponent or the air. Whatever he writes is Absolute. We saw that against Elfman. He wrote the runes on Elfman for suffering, pain, fear and they all happened. Just when he was about to write on him the runes annihilation, mirajane interrupted. Fried is able to create such runes in an instant. That is the fact of the matter. Fried is able to create both easy runes such as for fear, and higher level ones like annihilation and they both look like child's play to him. It's his magic and it is within he's capabilities. This is the problem with each manga I read. We are introduced to a character with a totally haxed ability and then fans try nerf him down by claiming all sorts of things their ability cant possibly be able to do cause it looks totally unrealistic. People need to get used to the fact that there would be hax abilities. Its as simple as that.

    Fried's magic being able to be countered by Levi hardly degrades it in any way. It probably just means she is the only one his barrier would be ineffective against. However she probably wont even be able to rewrite runes he casts on himself, his opponents or the air which are the only runes he uses during battle anyway.

    This debate is totally pointless. He's ability is hax. That is all there is to it. Please its better to just simply say you dont like Fried or you dont think he is the strongest instead of claiming he cant do things he obviously can. Im not saying you should rate Fried's magic higher than anyone elses. It's up to you.
    Fried himself said even he was subject to the rules and such inside his barriers.
    And personally I'm not saying his magic isn't uber .. it is .. But to use it effectively I'm betting he needs time and such to set the fields .. establish a complex rune ... it's like using code ... you can do it on the fly .. but it's going to be easy to descipher for someone who knows how ... even evergreen could hax the ship runes ... and ergo less effective.
    Honetly .. I have no personal issues with fried. I do find his magic a little too all encompassing .. But it's nothing that irks me.
    I like his character ... but my only issue is .. i don't want to see him become a S-class mage ... because I think he did a little too much following of Luxus .. Even now he says he wants luxus open spot ... I think a S-class mage should be more indepent thinking .. and more self assured and oriented ... which all (except maybe cana ? ) are more-so than Fried.

    Sorry i took so long to respond .. busy week. ^_^
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

  14. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    I predict there will be more then 1 s class mage coming out of this trial.
    Probably cana so she can fulfil her dream and natsu since he need to fulfil his dream.

    Does anyone else want erza to finally get pwnt?

    Strongest mage has to be the founder of FT. I hope hes alive and kicking.

  15. #44
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner herminihildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Order of the S mages

    It not much relevance to the story, but I was wondering for a week what was the order of the S mages in FT. This is my order from first to the last one who passed S mage test excluding the current arc:

    1. Gildartz - for obvious reasons, besides being the oldest of the five, SS class jobs took years to accomplish and to qualify for there jobs he should have had a lot of experience in S class jobs
    2. Laxus - he was one of the longest members in FT, he must have been an S mage around 18/19 years old
    3. Ezra - she's a talented mage, hands down
    4. Mirajane - being a close rival of Ezra, she would follow suit
    5. Mystogun - I'm not sure when he joined the guild but a guess he was he joined later than the others

    What do you guys think?
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand the binary and those who don't

  16. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iron Fist Tournament
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest Mages?

    @Anti-panda..Ok, is it just me or has this entire forum gone mad. For the love of God, Frieds magic does not only create barriers! I know Fried himself is subject to his own barriers! How many times have I stated his magic is Absolute.?! The only thing he needs time for is to create barriers. Makarov already stated that nd that it is unsuited for battle. During battle he does not create barriers, the runes he casts are instant, where he writes runes on either himself, air or his opponent. I repeat, they are instant. You have only got to look at the fight with Elfman to know that. He does not need to set up the fields for the type of runes he uses during battle. That is only for his barriers that he needs time to set up. Again, the runes he creates that we know evergreen and levi are able to discerpher are his barriers once again which is different to what he uses in his one on one fights. In a one on one, if he writes is rune on you like he did Elfman, it happens instantly and so I doubt you can rewrite those.

    Sorry, had to let out some frustration. Once again, I'm not sayin you should like Fried but seriously, he is totally free of all the weaknesses claimed on him. He probably has some but the ones that ou guys are sayin is the weaknesses of his barrier and not the runes he actually uses for battle. Anyway all in all, you are free to like who ever you want.


    @lord. Strife.. Yh I'm wiv yu on that. I want erza to finally get owned.
    Last edited by Freid; October 09, 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts