Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I'm not sure where Bixlow goes. I don't really understand his ability so I don't feel I can suitably rate him.
Including some of the ex-members
Natsu with his powerups can vary greatly and at it's highest he was doing better against Hades then Makarov
I think Lucy is the strongest mage if,she can gather all of the stellar spirits and summon stellar spirit king
Taking into account the timeskip and taking out members who aren't in Fairy tail anymore and before the power-up arc. My Fairy Tail rankings for strongest mages.
1) Makarov: Master of Fairy Tail for a reason and held back big bad black dragon by himself for a while.
2) Gildarts: Crash Magic is so OP.
3) Laxus: Lightning DS magic plus the fact that he was an S-class Mage for a long time.
4) Erza: Her abilities and experience make her superpowerful.
5) Mirajane: Is back to being powerful as seen in the meeting where Erza and she came with Makarov to pay back the other guild with a beat down.
Lower tier than those 5 aka almost S class
1) Natsu: Huge amount of potential plus Zeref wants Natsu to kill him lol.
2/3) Lucy: Her potential to summon spirits who get more powerful depending on her magic powers and each spirit bringing with them new abilities is something to look out for and she can summon Loke who is almost S class anyways plus Capricorn is pretty damn powerful.
2/3) Gray: Student of Ur, has great potential and could possibly be equal to a fully awakened Natsu or maybe just a tad weaker.
4) Freed: Powerful rune magic guy, nuff said.
5) Gajeel: The Iron DS, of course he will be as powerful as Natsu but maybe a bit weaker since Natsu and Lucy are the main focus.
6) Juvia: Powerful Water mage, has great potential and can support Gray with her water magic.
I interchange Gray and Lucy because Gray is more powerful at the moment but I think that Lucy can equal Natsu pretty easily and surpass Erza as well.
Special mentions aka those who didn't make the cut.
1) Wendy: Not a battler and more of a support type mage so I can't really call her the strongest mage except for healing. She does have attacks of course but battling is not her specialty so there is no point in putting her down as the strongest mage.
2) Cana: Daughter of Gildarts but is barely shown and her card magic is rather weak. A good mage and maybe S class material but everyone else will leave her in the dust as the story progresses.
3) Lisanna: Great potential to overtake her brother and sister but she is rusty thanks to having no missions in Edolas. Someone to look out for in later arcs.
4) Elfman: Great potential like his older sister and I would like to see him fight more.
5) Bicklow: Powerful magic but he is barely shown. Another one to look out for in the future.
6) Levy: Was nominated for the S class test for a reason. Sadly her magic is underdeveloped and she suffers from Cana's problem.
7) Romeo: Will hopefully be more powerful than his dad lol.
1) All those not on the Island when it was destroyed.
I give compliments to Biska and Alzack for being relatively powerful though and Max for his new sand techs.
Last edited by crimsonlink310; December 27, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Gajeel is not even in your special mentions?!
I think all the ranking above will be changed soon....
With this new power up...and also some of Fairy Tail members training ...we will see how they gonna improve...
I doubt Laxus become same Lv as Gildartz tho.
But for Freed to be able to use his Rune magic without the need of too much time..that gonna make him climb everyone list I think.
I like how Natsu isn't quite in the top ranking area yet.
Anyway, my ranking goes like this(including deceased characters):
Gildarts (possibly interchangeable with Jura, also pretty damn close to Makarov)
Laxus/Mystogan/Bluenote (almost forgot about the latter, still, he was pretty frickin' awesome, and I want to see him again, hopefully he resurrected GH, or joined RT)
Mirajane (not at Laxus/Mystogan level because she's out of practice)
Natsu (without power ups)
Gray/Gazille/Fried (very close to Natsu)
Everyone else (in their own ranking that I can't be bothered mentioning)
A few points about some characters (IMO):
-Fried would be way further up with some setup time, he's damn smart, and, to be honest, the best candidate for an S-rank position (of those who went to the exam)
-Don't really know why Levy was selected for the S-rank exams (even though she's my favourite female character). Of shadow gear, she's probably the weakest in terms of fighting strength, and S-rank missions are supposed to require a lot of strength, or something. I guess she got through purely on intelligence/support magic skills, which is saying something. Still, on S-rank missions she wouldn't have Gazille there to save her ass every time.
-I wanna see some development for the left-behind characters. Macao was said to have taken care of 49 of those shape shifter things (can't remember their names), whereas Natsu had trouble with one (with support!). Umm, yeah, the arc where Macao goes missing, pretty much the first one, that's the one...
Also, it should be noted that we have no clue about the council members strength, Crime sorcieres strength (both together and of the individual members), or really anyone affected by the time skip. Sooo many characters...
Last edited by MONKEYS; January 06, 2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Overthinking
I didn't understand is this for the FT guild only or there could be mages from other guilds ???? And can the mages that we can mention can be dead or just alive?
1. Zeref - duh, still yet to see his full power and considered strongest mage in history
2. Mavis? or Hades - have yet to see Mavis' full power
3. Makarov or Kana w/ Fairy Glitter activated
4. Samuel? - have yet to see his full power, but it's probably stronger than Gildarts or Byro
5. Byro, has shown to be able to beat Gildarts in the anime
6. Gildarts or probably Obra
7. Gemma? - yet to see his full power
8. Kagura, Erza, Jellal, Jura, and Minerva?
9. Natsu, Laxus, Gajeel
10 Sting, Rogue, Mirajane, Gray, Ultear
11. Elfman, Lyon, Wendy, Orga
12. Lucy, Yukino, Bixlow, Freed, Meredy, Rufus
12. Juvia, and the rest...
Last edited by noobkiller; June 02, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: New chapter shows Kana + Fairy Glitter is over 9000!
gildarts, bluenote, ivan, genma
jura, jellal, zero
erza, mirajan, kagura, minerva, ultear, bachuss, ichiya, azuma
natsu, gray, gajeel, rouge, sting, orga, rufus, lyon, meredy, zancrow,
freed, juvia, elfman, lucy, evergreen, bickslow, pantherlily, yukino
i left out character but they are the main ones in order of strength imo.
Out of the current Fairy Tail mages, excluding Makarov, I'd rank them as follows:
Laxus (I'm finding it hard to place him - I'd place him fourth at the lowest, second at the highest)
Lucy (I may be doing her an injustive by placing her so low.)
Levy (also hard to guage since she's very much brain-over-brawn)
Can't think where to place Pantherlily either. :P
Jet & Droy
Happy and Carla
EDIT: Rereading the Tenrou Island arc, I put Erza above Mirajane.
Last edited by Tame; May 28, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Hmmm Top Ten Fairy Tail,huh? I don't know why people are starting to mention mages outside FT.
Here is a list of all mages on Fairy Tail. (Exclude the gray ones, though)
First we have the masters, they in every sense should be the strongest. (Aside Macao which wasn't picked)
Then for the rest it would be:
- Mavis Vermilion
- Makarov Dreyar
- Gildarts Clive
- Laxus Dreyar
- Erza Scarlet
- Mystogan (I'm taking what Jellal said about his magic, so I rank him below Erza)
- Mirajane Strauss
- Natsu Dragneel
- Gajeel Redfox
- Gray Fullbuster
- Lucy Heartfilia (After TimeSkip. Considering Loki, Caprico and Uranometria...She's quite something)
- Juvia Lockser
- Freed Justine
- Elfman Strauss (I think He's actually very capable. Doesn't share the 10th spot but it's close to it)
Last edited by Uriel; May 28, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Had to edit Kana's place, new manga chapter puts her with Fairy Glitter activated way over Jura, and probably over Gildarts, but probably same rank as Makarov.
considering she broke the MPF machine, Fairy Glitter probably would have ranked in the 15000s or higher, it's WAY OVER 9000!!!