Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Mages?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Mages?

Quote Originally Posted by noobkiller View Post
    Had to edit Kana's place, new manga chapter puts her with Fairy Glitter activated way over Jura, and probably over Gildarts, but probably same rank as Makarov.
    considering she broke the MPF machine, Fairy Glitter probably would have ranked in the 15000s or higher, it's WAY OVER 9000!!!
    It's a lend power.

LEND POWER.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to edit Kana's place, new manga chapter puts her with Fairy Glitter activated way over Jura, and probably over Gildarts, but probably same rank as Makarov.
    considering she broke the MPF machine, Fairy Glitter probably would have ranked in the 15000s or higher, it's WAY OVER 9000!!!
    Its likely that the machine had 9999 as its original limit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

For now , Gildarts is the strongest for me but in the future probably will be natsu because i think theres more to natsu than just dragon slayer powers like how dragon slayer magic is his primary magic and needs to learn a secondary power like how in other manga , naruto has jutsu as primary and kyuubi as seconday and ichigo has shinigami as primary and hollow as secondary , maybe when natsu obtais this secondary power , he will be near invincible .

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wonder whether Mashima even plans to ever place Natsu above the other FT mages. Ezra mentioned several times that she believes he will surpass her but the only possible hint that the distance in power shortened we've seen so far was when Ezra didn't experience the same side effect from the second origin release as the others. If the way things are now don't change then even when Natsu would defeat a dragon it wouldn't mean he is more powerful than the other S-class mages.
    Last edited by yieps; August 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

remember Bluenote? the only person against whom she used Fairy Glitter till now? having a powerful attack doesn't make her very powerful automatically; if she can't use that power, then that means nothing much. it was all proven against Bluenote.
    Naruto Forever

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

as for me its Lucy shes extremely strong just hasnt learnt about her potential yet, she will eventually learn how to summon all 12 spirits at once and just spam urano metoria

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Marakov is still the strongest, next is Gildartz, and then Erza, Natsu, and Laxus that are quite in equal terms based on the situation that they are in. But among the 3 on the 3rd place, Natsu can increase his battle power depending on the situation not to mention that he also possess the Lightning Dragon Magic.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marzarret View Post
    I believe that Marakov is still the strongest, next is Gildartz, and then Erza, Natsu, and Laxus that are quite in equal terms based on the situation that they are in. But among the 3 on the 3rd place, Natsu can increase his battle power depending on the situation not to mention that he also possess the Lightning Dragon Magic.
    Makarov or Gildartz aren't nearly as strong as Zeref, remember Zeref has Acnologia and Makarov and Gildartz were easily defeated by him. Zeref has to absolutely be the strongest mage in the manga hands down. But Gildartz I believe is stronger than Makarov because he was able to fight one on one against Acnologia even though he got hurt badly in the process.
    Last edited by noobkiller; February 02, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Makarov or Gildartz aren't nearly as strong as Zeref, remember Zeref has Acnologia and Makarov and Gildartz were easily defeated by him. Zeref has to absolutely be the strongest mage in the manga hands down. But Gildartz I believe is stronger than Makarov because he was able to fight one on one against Acnologia even though he got hurt badly in the process.
    First off, I believe Marzarret, was talking about the Mages in Fairy Tail the guild, not the whole manga. Second, Acnologia doesn't serve Zeref, in fact, Zeref fears him. Acnologia is probably as of now the strongest entity in the entire Manga. He serves no one.

Gildarts is far from being Makarov's equal. He was stated to be equal to Jura, who acknowledged Makarov to be as far above him as the sky above the ground. Gildarts didn't fight Acnologia, it all happened in a flash. He left him half dead in a mere moment. Badly hurt is a huge understatement. Leaving someone half dead in an instant is not a fight, at least not in my point of view.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; February 03, 2013 at 06:29 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner solarenergy's Avatar
    Country
    Maldives
    Post Thanks / Like

1 makarov
    2 gildarts
    3 laxus
    4 mistgun
    5 mira
    6 erza

top 6 for me from fairy tail giuld

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    For now , Gildarts is the strongest for me but in the future probably will be natsu because i think theres more to natsu than just dragon slayer powers like how dragon slayer magic is his primary magic and needs to learn a secondary power like how in other manga , naruto has jutsu as primary and kyuubi as seconday and ichigo has shinigami as primary and hollow as secondary , maybe when natsu obtais this secondary power , he will be near invincible .
    He already got a secondary power, lightning dragon slayer magic, just imagine if he can activate dragon force and lightning flame dragon mode at the same time, he could take out anyone

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Zeref
    Makarov
    Gildartz
    Gerard
    Jura
    Laxus
    Natsu
    Gajeel
    Erza
    Mirajane
    Minerva
    Ultear
    Kagura
    Sting
    Rogue
    Orga
    Gray
    Rufus
    Bacchus
    Lyon

My top 20 of current active mages

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    He already got a secondary power, lightning dragon slayer magic, just imagine if he can activate dragon force and lightning flame dragon mode at the same time, he could take out anyone

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Zeref
    Makarov
    Gildartz
    Gerard
    Jura
    Laxus
    Natsu
    Gajeel
    Erza
    Mirajane
    Minerva
    Ultear
    Kagura
    Sting
    Rogue
    Orga
    Gray
    Rufus
    Bacchus
    Lyon

My top 20 of current active mages
    Uh?

Erza is below Natsu and Gajeel in your list.
    Please, redo it.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Uh?

Erza is below Natsu and Gajeel in your list.
    Please, redo it.
    Currently, Natsu, with his Flame-lightning, mode is probably on equal grounds with Erza. I would even dare say, slightly stronger. If we take into account Dragon Force, he would probably surpass most other mages, with the exception of Zeref and Makarov. But anyway, these are just opinions. We have no way of truly knowing .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Gildarts is one of the top mages in the FT world. From what we have seen in the GMG Gildarts could have been a one man team and still come out as the winner. The reason why Mashima sent him on a journey is most likely cause there would be no real challange to Gildarts in the GMG tournament.
    What is speacial about Gildarts is that his magic power can even destroy magic itself like he did against Bluenote and Natsu's flames.
    In a fight against Makarov it would all come to if Gildarts would be able to crash FL and FG.

MY list would be:
    1.Makarov/Gildarts

2.Laxus,Jellal and Jura

3.Erza, Natsu, Mirajane

4.Gray,Gazille and so on.

At the end of the manga considering all characters:
    Dragons
    1.Awakened Natsu, Zeref
    2. Awakened Gazille

3.The rest

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I think that Gildarts is one of the top mages in the FT world. From what we have seen in the GMG Gildarts could have been a one man team and still come out as the winner. The reason why Mashima sent him on a journey is most likely cause there would be no real challange to Gildarts in the GMG tournament.
    What is speacial about Gildarts is that his magic power can even destroy magic itself like he did against Bluenote and Natsu's flames.
    In a fight against Makarov it would all come to if Gildarts would be able to crash FL and FG.
    Gildartz would probably win against Makarov for the simple fact that Makarov wouldn't be able to use Fairy Law against him.
    He loves him to much to be able to kill him with a magic that has such a restriction.

On the other end, Gildartz has no restriction with his magic, so he could freely use it against Makarov.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast