Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What artifact would you choose

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What artifact would you choose

As the topic describes it. What artifact would you choose from a pactio card? Pretend you can make your own, would you take Al-Iskandariya, Shintetsu Jizaikon or would you make your own?

Personally I would totally go for Imperium Graphices. Even though it only works for a while, it would be totally awesome. Like, anything you draws comes to life. Copying myself three times and then like, draw a monster. Then, since I know it will only be alive for a short while, I can release it to the city, defeat it and become a hero \o/
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What artifact would you choose

Well, I would chose the Tetsuaiga sword from Inuyasha. I mean, you can use it to make and break barriers, unleash a vortex of extremely sharp wind, send energy attacks back at the enemy, send thousands of diamond spears at the enemy, absorb the enemy' power by slicing them and even send huge spheres or blades of void at the enemy to devour them.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to choose Negi's and then just go around making a ton of pactios.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go for Rakan's Hero of a Thousand Faces. Swordspam is cool.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

something not unlike Yue's

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

it's hard to say...
    I'd pick either Rakan's, Negi's or Asuna's =)
    Rakan's gives you almost unlimited firepower
    Negi's is obvious choice... as AoD said... you just have to go around making pactios =)
    and i guess i don't need to explain why Hama no tsurugi =)

btw...
    I was just wondering...
    when Yue and others met that griffin dragon, Emily said that artifact cards are given only to chosen few... is there any connection between the fact, that pactio needs soul and most of MW aren't real?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner wardudes's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deSolAxe View Post
    I was just wondering...
    when Yue and others met that griffin dragon, Emily said that artifact cards are given only to chosen few... is there any connection between the fact, that pactio needs soul and most of MW aren't real?
    Well Rakan is imaginary and has an artifact so I think that is not quite the thing .
    Anyway back to the topic I would like something of a combination between Yue's and Nodoka's artifact to be able to know everything about a subject and read minds that has to count for something.
    You're so ugly you can be a modern art masterpiece!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dawnsan's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yue's artifact would be definitely handy. Chachamaru's artifact would be pretty awesome as well... Except I'm not a robot.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I don't really get practical use of Chachamaru's artifact... it's only one-hit surprise type of attack... it would be useless in 1 on 1 ... and Yue's artifact is cool and could prove useful, but again.. no immediate fighting power...same goes for Nodoka's... hers can at least be used to dodge now - as she has those magic items to read it real-time

I guess it's given by personality =)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner wardudes's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I said a combination between Nodoka's and Yue's , sure it won't give imediate fire power but if you can get info on a target before you engage it is as precious as an artifact that grants lots of fire power .
    And I agree with deSolAxe there's no practical use for Chachamaru's artifact ...
    You're so ugly you can be a modern art masterpiece!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giriath's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wardudes View Post
    Well Rakan is imaginary and has an artifact so I think that is not quite the thing.
    But Nagi isn't or wasn't. Maybe the subject can be illusionary and still get an artifact card, if the mage giving it isn't illusionary.

I would choose Yue or Nodoka's artifact, and use it in a strategic way. A person or a group of people influencing millions or billions of others to behave in ways that fit their goal, will always be stronger than a single man's fighting power.

Having an artifact that can access all written documents like Yue's, or one giving you access to other people's minds, will be a very strong tool in manipulating people. I think Yue's would serve that purpose best; Nodoka's won't be as useful when you've created a society which stimulates people from birth to behave as you want them to, and have many means available to observe and suppress the few who rebel.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dante-Uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hm i like asunas sword but negis artefact isn't bad at all xs hmmmm .... but asunas sword with a new style, like the style from monster hunter portable 3rd

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BluFlaim's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Having an artifact that can access all written documents like Yue's, or one giving you access to other people's minds, will be a very strong tool in manipulating people. I think Yue's would serve that purpose best; Nodoka's won't be as useful when you've created a society which stimulates people from birth to behave as you want them to, and have many means available to observe and suppress the few who rebel.
    ...what?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: What artifact would you choose

Quote Originally Posted by BluFlaim View Post
    ...what?
    Slow and steady always wins. What else? It's how most macro societies are run these days. Early manipulation of sentient beings to produce a desired outcome, usually succumbing humility like a servant, into indoctrination of clashing concepts of reality and idealism without funded philosophical exploration techniques, make fine specimens for bureaucrats to control. But since I don't want to get into a philosophical/political discussion in the artifact thread, let's leave it at: do you really think the winner is always the victorious combatant, or who dispatches the combatants?

PM if you really want delve in this discussion with me.
    Last edited by bebuxe; March 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: pm, an sexist comment, god would kill me
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BluFlaim's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok... well I understand what he said, its not that complicated. i just didnt know why he would factor it into how he decided the artifact, considering he used the tense you, thats all.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast