Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Hirako

18 39.13%
  • Captain Urahara

28 60.87%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara Kisuke vs. Hirako Shinji (100 years ago)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara Kisuke vs. Hirako Shinji (100 years ago)

Alright, please read this description everyone, because this match has certain restrictions.
    • The fight takes place over 100 years ago, during the time when both Kisuke and Shinji were captains.

• They fight in the forests of Rukongai.

• To make things evened out a bit, Shinji obviously will not have any form of hollow powers, and Kisuke will not have access to any of his inventions. They start the fight sealed, and can only go as far as using their shikai.
    • Kidou will also be disregarded here since we have no idea which one of them would excel more in that field.

• Neither one of them has any knowledge of the other's zanpakutou abilities.

I think this will be a pretty damn even fight. Both of them seemed to have top notch sword skills and top notch reflexes.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/233/14/

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/367/02/
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; April 30, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara Kisuke vs. Hirako Shinji (100 years ago)

I think that Urahara has the better chances here: he should be able to create a barrier that protects him from all directions, and then proceed to attack.
    Also, being a Genius and not having LOT of fighting experience, he should be able to more or less adapt to Sakanade, and then use his Benihime's attacks to defeat Shinji.
    60/40 for Urahara IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    I think that Urahara has the better chances here: he should be able to create a barrier that protects him from all directions, and then proceed to attack.
    Also, being a Genius and not having LOT of fighting experience, he should be able to more or less adapt to Sakanade, and then use his Benihime's attacks to defeat Shinji.
    60/40 for Urahara IMO.
    Actually Kisuke did have a lot of fighting experience. Remember he was the commander of the dentention squad or whatever it was called. I would argue that Kisuke got to see more action while in that position than most captains do. The captains seem to sit around and do nothing most of the time.

Kisuke had been training with Yoruichi since he was a kid too.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd lean towards shinji based on what we know. He was an older captain and his shikai can certainly help him get a good his on urahara. Urahara's shikai is versatile in that it has both offensive and defensive capacities but overall I would think none of them would be that helpful if he simply does not place them where he should.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also lean towards shinji in this case. He's a more senior captain (he was a captain of reasonably long time (him and Kensei being the non-novice captains from the vizards)) and Urahara was still a third seat in second squad IIRC. Also, less inventions (not sure if he invented the bankai doll before or after he became captain...).
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    I would also lean towards shinji in this case. He's a more senior captain (he was a captain of reasonably long time (him and Kensei being the non-novice captains from the vizards)) and Urahara was still a third seat in second squad IIRC. Also, less inventions (not sure if he invented the bankai doll before or after he became captain...).
    Doll definitely came long before he became a captain. Bankai is a requirement to become a captain -unless you are kempachi- and it also takes around a decade to master. Kisuke must have had captain level power for quite a while before becoming a captain otherwise he would not be adequate for the position.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

shinji release would work but urahara prob figure out the key to beating it he is smart and his benihime is one powerfull zan blood mist shield and his version of GT....i also belive urahara be fast practising with yoruchi look at the part where yammi tried point blank cero yoruchi he appeared and blocked it damn fast.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Doll definitely came long before he became a captain. Bankai is a requirement to become a captain -unless you are kempachi- and it also takes around a decade to master. Kisuke must have had captain level power for quite a while before becoming a captain otherwise he would not be adequate for the position.
    Yeah sorry, just forgot if Urahara used the doll to attain his own bankai or not, but yeah, if he attained his bankai with the doll, then yeah, before captainship he likely already had some nifty inventions.
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think Shinji would have a slight advantage here because of him possessing the second most hax shikai. Kisuke would still be a challenging opponent because his blood mist shield and the fact that he really is a genius (unlike a overrated that character that Shinji was matched up against in a similar thread) so he may be able to at least block some attacks from Shinji. But if Shinji keeps the pressure up, Kisuke would have to stay on the defensive, and eventually he's bound to make a wrong move and get slashed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, not disagreeing that Shinji will win since I personally think he will in this case.

But his shikai is: not that hax.

It's like a nerfed version of Tousen's bankai, and guess what, Tousen's bankai was defeated by Kenpachi with relative ease (still had eyepatch on and didn't use kendo). I can just imagine what Kenpachi could do to Shinji's shikai.

Seriously, Tousen's bankai takes away all vision and hearing (maybe smell too, bottom line, people can't find out where Tousen is while in bankai).

Shinji's shikai reverses just one sense.

At least with reversed vision one could have a chance at defending themselves, with no vision at all, no chance, and yet, Kenpachi managed to pull off a W.

So I ask you, is Shinji's shikai really that "hax"?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, don't know why I thought this thread was about kyoraku vs shinji lol.... Nevermind that now anyways...

Actually, what exactly is the depth of shinji's shikai? I was under the impression that your very movements were actually also reversed -as if you tried to move your left hand you right would- but after reading about it, it is not necessarily the case. If shinji's shikai truly is limited to only an optical illusion then other characters would still have a good deal of trouble but reacting would be a step simpler than what I thought. Still, closing your eyes is not that much different from having such an optical illusion on you, I'd go as far as to argue it is worst considering you won't even know when an attack is coming -unless you are kempachi-.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, back to the fight. Shinji's shikai will definitely be a problem for good old urahara. It does not provide any form of boost in terms of speed, offense or defense but at least for a while it will utterly get rid off all of those aspects of urahara's fighting. A main issue about this technique is what happened here. The extent to what things are reversed are also controlled by shinji. In that sense, things won't be upside down and left will be reversed with right and front with back every time. By not reversing up and down shinji can still use his ability to have sneak attacks on urahara. Also, seeing what urahara can do with his shikai, I have my doubts about how much would it work if he tries to use it to defend from urahara. If it covered a wide enough area, urahara could use it to defend himself from shinji but it does not seem like the type to cover 360 areas fast enough.

Shinji simply has a tactical advantage, his zampakuto can utterly mess up the enemy's offense and defense along with being great for sneak attacks.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 03, 2010 at 09:21 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I want to point out kempachi uses no form or technique when he fights, he just rushes in and brawls as well as a thug on heroin -considering the high he gets from fighting-. That is the reason kendo made such a huge difference, it was the difference of a chimp swinging a sword and a true swordsman fighting all out.

Now, back to the fight. Shinji's shikai will definitely be a problem for good old urahara. It does not provide any form of boost in terms of speed, offense or defense but at least for a while it will utterly get rid off all of those aspects of urahara's fighting. A main issue about this technique is what happened here. The extent to what things are reversed are also controlled by shinji. In that sense, things won't be upside down and left will be reversed with right and front with back every time. By not reversing up and down shinji can still use his ability to have sneak attacks on urahara. Also, seeing what urahara can do with his shikai, I have my doubts about how much would it work if he tries to use it to defend from urahara. If it covered a wide enough area, urahara could use it to defend himself from shinji but it does not seem like the type to cover 360 areas fast enough.

Shinji simply has a tactical advantage, his zampakuto can utterly mess up the enemy's offense and defense along with being great for sneak attacks.
    In other words, Shinji's best bet is to finish off Kisuke as quickly as possible. The more time progresses, the higher the chances Kisuke will formulate a plan for defending himself from Shinji.

If Shinji can control every level of inversion and switch them at will like you say then he wins period. That would make his ability ridiculously more hax than I thought. I'd have a hard time believing he's fail to defeat anyone besides Aizen or Yamamoto with that kind of ability, but who knows Sakanade really works that way.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisuke knows some stuff, but he had just began captain duties, Shinji on the other hand had been captain at least for 6+ years prior. Shinji is a smart guy too, not just Kisuke. He knew Aizen was up to something even though he was under an illusion. Sakanade is just one ability of a captain. I'm sure he has knowledge of Kido as well. And a Bankai. I think it'd be close, but my guess is Shinji with a slight edge over new captain Kisuke.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

- I actually thought of a method to deal with Sakanade. Hit and Run. The biggest problem with dealing with Shinji's shikai is melee combat. With Urahara's genius and his skills as the former 3rd seat of the assassins division, I think he might be able to pull it off with difficulty.

IMO Shinji would still be to difficult to beat though especially with his mask.

Edit:
    The gigai trick kidou combo might work, if they could use kidou in this battle.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; September 27, 2010 at 07:39 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast