Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

I figured since I haven't seen one around really so this seems fine. Anyway basically this thread is for talking about your thoughts on what Kyuubi Sage Naruto may look like, do you think the form we saw back VS Nagato was a hint? or just a random moment of nothing etc.

My thoughts on Kyuubi Sage aren't good, I don't really like the idea and always thought that Naruto has to either lose Kyuubi or lose the Physical transformation of Kyuubi.

As it just looks like a mixed bag of random powers.
    Where as people like the Uchiha's and their sharingan just seem a lot more better fitting together.

Discuss your thoughts.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

I think if Naruto mixes the full control of the Kyuubi with Sage Mode, he won't have the physical transformations of the Kyuubi.
    Reason of why I am saying is because transforming can hurt his comrades, or destroy hude amounts of landscape, so I am guessing he will contain the chakra in his body like a cloack, but it won't peel off his skin due to the durability of his own body in Sage Mode.

Also, thanks to the huge amounts of chakra, he will be able to stay longer in Sage Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed feelings about this subject.

I would feel like it would be a shame if Naruto's "version 2" never showed up again, as I found it quite awesome looking, far more than Bee's. On the other hand I wouldn't like Naruto using a version 2 and transforming into a monster at all.

The most I want to see is his eyes transforming and a version 1 chakra cloak. I must say it would look pretty badass with nine tails and a red bubbling cloak surrounding him. Besides the unpredictable chakra is a total winner and incredibly useful technique. Think about it, mixed with Frog Fu it would be devestating. I'm not a huge fan of eye transformation, the only transformation I really like is the Kyuubi eyes. The SageKyuubi eye combination looked odd to me, and I was never a fan of yellow toad eyes. But the most I'll accept is the + shaped eyes and a chakra cloak like Bee's version 1. No version 2 please, and no Bijuu blasts.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really wanted naruto to master kyubi. Quite frankly, I would have prefered if he used the key to utterly seal it and stop the kyubi's chakra from mixing with his own. Basically, naruto would be a jinchuiriki which would fight through his own strength and innate talent rather than merely sucking up the power of some other dude which was placed specifically in him for either political reasons or no reason at all. Naruto stealing the kyubi's power makes him a leach, once he dominates the kyubi's power any further training is useless.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always disliked the idea of the kyuubi because its basically like taking power thats not yours. I really wished naruto would have listened to what yamato said and not rely on kyuubi. I think it would be ok for naruto to use kyuubi if he used it in conjunction with sage mode or used only its chakra but remained human with no cloaks cause quite frankly i hate tailed or cloak transformations to me they show like no control and its just getting mad and uneashing the kyuubi's chakra which sn't even his own power. i would be fine if he uses it in a human state to increase the power of his jutsu but if he uses it the way bee uses it i think that would be stupid because he would have gained all these jutsus through his own power and then thrown them away for some power that's not his. I don't really won't to see a full fox or cloak tailed naruto entering the war i would rather see a fully human naruto either using sagemode or ninetails like in his fight with neji with n transformations kicking ass. I think it's stupid if he is recognized as the strongest ninja if he doesn't use his own power

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although Kyuubi does not originate from Naruto, when properly done using Kyuubi he is using his power because he is taking it for himself from Kyuubi, imo. He will be defeating a foe and taking his power for himself. Before when Kyuubi gave him gifts of power, he was using it but it wasn't like he took it with his own hands by dominating Kyuubi. He was "relying" on Kyuubi to share in some cases, or giving in to Kyuubi himself through anger or hatred. If Naruto puts himself in a place where he masters and controls Kyuubi despite the great difficulty and danger of doing so, and despite Kyuubi's great power wishing otherwise, Naruto will have, imo, through victory, properly acquired the power of Kyuubi, whether he uses it with Sage mode or not. Through training, hard work, and dedication (blood, sweat, & tears), he will have earned the power of Kyuubi. He will join a select group of elite shinobi who came to fully control a beast.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the difference between naruto being given kyubi's chakra and taking it by force. I mean, either way its not a power which originates from himself nor he has absolutely anything to do with it's developments. All that changed in that scenario is the means behind naruto leaching. Changing the form in which naruto leaches the kyubi's power does not make him any less of a leach. The way I see it, using the kyubi is worst than using actual steroids....

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

A Bijuu is much like a Kekkei Genkai really. Naruto did receive it at birth after all. Having Kyuubi as a "bloodline limit" may be a little haxed compared to other bloodline limits, but if you compare it to the sharingan which evolution seem to be almost endless, and the Rinnegan, the Kyuubi is not that absurd really. People do say that Sasuke is using his own power after all, the same went for Pain. As jdw said if Naruto is controlling Kyuubi and not letting Kyuubi take over, then he's pretty much using his own power. Besides if we're going to make exceptions like this then we can pretty much pick every single character to shreds. Kakashi isn't using his own power, it's borrowed from Obito. Kisame is so strong because he's borrowing powers from a sword. Bee is downgraded without Hachibi. Raikage relies on his Raiton Armor etc etc. Also another point, Naruto is already been gradually influenced by the Kyuubi since his birth. The seal was designed to make Kyuubi and Naruto's chakra combine slowly over time after all. So in a sense Naruto's insane reserves are already connected to Kyuubi. All in all I agree with jdw. Letting Kyuubi control Naruto is borrowing his powers, taking it for himself is something else entirely even if it's haxed.

So when Naruto eventually combines Kyuubi with Sage Mode, which has pretty much been hinted at already, he'll be using his "own" power in my opinion. I'm a little against "power ups", as this will clearly turn into. But that's pretty much what's going to happen. And when that happens the most likely outcome will be either cross eyes with enhanced whiskers and feral looks overall like when Naruto encountered Nagato, or that added with a chakra cloak.
    Last edited by 3c; May 02, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

10. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't see the difference between naruto being given kyubi's chakra and taking it by force. I mean, either way its not a power which originates from himself nor he has absolutely anything to do with it's developments. All that changed in that scenario is the means behind naruto leaching. Changing the form in which naruto leaches the kyubi's power does not make him any less of a leach. The way I see it, using the kyubi is worst than using actual steroids....
    The difference, imo, is begging for power/giving another control over you because you feel like you are not enough or are desperate, which is what Naruto had done on some prior occasions (other times just giving into rage/hatred), and defeating the Kyuubi to use his power. Either way the power does not originate from Naruto, but when one defeats a foe he usually gets the spoils of victory.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although i am in some ways opposed to the kyuubi I think that naruto will be using it properly if he uses it in a way that he remains human and uses the kyuubi's chakra staying under control i personally think that naruto will inevitably use the kyuubi's chakra but in a manner unlike bee where he does not transform although he can control his bijuu it seems more like a borrowing of chakra and a partnership more than control. I think i would be satisfied if naruto uses kyuubi in conjunction with sage mode or makes the chakra his own then it will be his own power but i think that the transformations and cloaks are giving into the kyuubi's hate and not using his own power.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kisame123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't care about whether it's naruto's power or not, all I care about is just if it's interesting. as long as Naruto can entertain me with his powers, I'll be pleased and the same goes for all the rest of the other characters, which sadly suck so hard. either way, whether Naruto controls his powers or not, makes no difference as the power is always there and will always make a difference in battle. however, I can't say that I'm pleased with naruto "controlling" the kyuubi. to be honest, I liked it when the Kyuubi randomly gave Naruto his power without his consent. those were the awesome days when Kyuubi would give Naruto strength in the middle of battle or when he really needed it, surprising his opponents. I'm going to miss moments like these:these random moments are what made the manga exciting. the readers would never really know what would happen in the battle, it was the surprise factor that made the battles exciting. naruto's interaction with the Kyuubi was interesting as well. however, with Naruto being able to control that power, that element of surprise and randomness is gone. he is basically going to spam the power throughout battle and what is worse is the possibility of the Kyuubi becoming a tamed dog like the Hachibi. the idea of that happening disgusts me, if that does happen, you'll see people gladly cheer on Sasuke as he neuters the Kyuubi. I don't take to well to the idea of the Kyuubi becoming a good puppy, cooperating with Naruto like that dumb idiot known as the Hachibi.

I'm going to miss epic lines like these that got me interested in the manga!
    Last edited by kisame123; May 02, 2010 at 12:48 PM.
    Square Enix is the cheapest slut in gaming. Do not buy Final Fantasy for the outdated Xbox360!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kyuubi can maintain his own personality, like Hachibi seems to be able to do, there may be some moments like those, just slightly different.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    The difference, imo, is begging for power/giving another control over you because you feel like you are not enough or are desperate, which is what Naruto had done on some prior occasions (other times just giving into rage/hatred), and defeating the Kyuubi to use his power. Either way the power does not originate from Naruto, but when one defeats a foe he usually gets the spoils of victory.
    Under that logic naruto should have a couple extra hearts, hyoton and a sand armor.... I don't think kyubi should count as the spoils of victory. For one thing, a spoil of victory should not be a living thing. Naruto going from beging to extorting the kyubi is not that much of a difference IMO, the circumstances do not change. At the very least a KG is an innate ability which has to be trained and develop just as any other skill. It is literally in your genes. People compare talented KG users but that is unfair IMO given the difference in how this skills are acquired. KG is innate, you are born with it, it is a skill which has to be developed for it to be useful or special. Kyubi is not innate, it is not a birthright, it is not a skill you develop. It is a creature implanted in either unborn or recently born babies from which you have to either beg or extort power from. The whole thing about naruto training and going lots of hard work dies the second the kyubi becomes something he can use freely or at any level.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Under that logic naruto should have a couple extra hearts, hyoton and a sand armor.... I don't think kyubi should count as the spoils of victory. For one thing, a spoil of victory should not be a living thing. Naruto going from beging to extorting the kyubi is not that much of a difference IMO, the circumstances do not change. At the very least a KG is an innate ability which has to be trained and develop just as any other skill. It is literally in your genes. People compare talented KG users but that is unfair IMO given the difference in how this skills are acquired. KG is innate, you are born with it, it is a skill which has to be developed for it to be useful or special. Kyubi is not innate, it is not a birthright, it is not a skill you develop. It is a creature implanted in either unborn or recently born babies from which you have to either beg or extort power from. The whole thing about naruto training and going lots of hard work dies the second the kyubi becomes something he can use freely or at any level.
    A victor is not required to avail himself of every spoil to be found, but he can take the spoils he desires (if they can be take at all). This is a battle for Kyuubi's power. Those other fights were not fights for the power of the enemy, but were fights for other reasons. In defeating Kakuzu Naruto could enjoy the spoils of friendship because he saved his comrades, no need for the hearts, imo, he crossed a dangerous bridge! The spoils of the Gaara fight were saving a friend, finding a close friend/ally, and disciple of the Naruto church, and saving him from eternal darkness, imo. The spoils need not be jutsu! In this fight, Kyuubi will be fighting to come back to full existence and control using his power (which would be his spoil of battle), and Naruto will be trying to use that power and control Kyuubi.

The training hard/work thing does not die the moment he can use it freely because he was only able to get to that stage through hard work and training. In some instances, when you obtain something, it is over. You don't have to undergo the same trials and tribulations every time you use it because you did it already and it is over!
    Last edited by jdw; May 02, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think Naruto will turn around after this and tell it to play dead once he can control it, that way he won't be constantly using a majority of his chakra keeping it at bay (I forgot about his chakra being used 24/7 for a long time)

The training will stop Kyuubi from being a risk at all, and allow him to fight at full power without a need to worry.
    So even if Naruto plans to NOT use kyuubi. He will still be better off and probably stronger after this.

However, on the downside, Kyuubi's ENTIRE chakra reserve (possibly Unlimited) will then become Naruto's own since he essentially kills it's will. Thus no more physical "kyuubi" transformation, makes me wonder how it'll look when Naruto Punches Sasuke or something and his Punch has the kyuubi's physical strength in it.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; May 02, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast