Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

I have a feeling Naruto is going to be able to completely surpress the Kyuubi's personality with his own chakra and Sage Mode.

I don't think it'll be possible for Naruto to control the fox by himself, he's going to need Sage Chakra to do so.

Saying that, I think he's also going to use the Key to unleash more and more of the Kyuubi's chakra as time goes on.

Figure it this way, the more chakra he pours out, the more of the fox's personality comes out. So initially Naruto will only have control over the 4 tailed state, and as his power and control over the fox increases he'll be able to unleash more and more tails until he can use all 9 with no ill consequence.

As far as what Naruto is going to look like, I think it's going to be completely different than anything we have seen.

For one, it's going to be compressed, no huge transformation. I don't think his face his going to change much outside of his eyes, and I think his body with be covered in some kind of chakra armor with the tails. Of course it'll be red. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he resemebled something like Grimmjow from Bleach only with more Kyuubi features and more tails and no stupid ears.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    Thus no more physical "kyuubi" transformation,
    I'm not sure where you got that from. IMO it's pretty obvious that the main reason why Susanoo even exists is to give sasuke a "giant" form so he can take on the full kyuubi credibly.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I wonder about the possible Kyuubi chakra + Sage mode combo that I wonder about is if it will somewhat devalue Naruto's status as a Sage of mount Myoboku especially since they were making such a big deal out of him becoming one like Jiraiya during his sage training.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I'm not sure where you got that from. IMO it's pretty obvious that the main reason why Susanoo even exists is to give sasuke a "giant" form so he can take on the full kyuubi credibly.
    IMO I think Susano'o is just plot armour Mk.II, with hatred pills.

The reason I think there won't be Kyuubi transformations is because with Sage chakra, the user's body and chakra should resist the Kyuubi chakra, so it won't peel off his skin.

Also, big tranformations could hurt comrades or damage the village, which is why Naruto probably won't use it.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just saying to me, it would make sense if Naruto no longer took on the physical apperance traits of kyuubi because the chakra tries to force Naruto to become the shape of Kyuubi as Yamato once mentioned.

Keeping that in mind, if we go back to what the frog said about the Kyuubi's will and hatred being extracted along with the chakra Naruto draws (The whole problem in the first place) then by defeating the will and drawing the chakra alone and making it his own, there shouldn't be any reason for it to be full of hatred and forcing his body to take on the Kyuubi's appearance.

That's just my opinion though.

And on susano'o... it's not Relevant at this time.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; May 02, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Id suggest Naruto's base Kyuubi Sage form will be something simple. Kishimoto won't make any complex design, when he has to draw Naruto over and over again (Especially KB sequences), this IMO why Naruto doesn't have frog like features in Sage Mode or Ma & Pa (Which Kishimoto justified with Naruto's mastery, and the influence of the Kyuubi.)

If he does transform, it will be his trump card, and will likely only use against someone like Sasuke or Madara.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destined_One View Post
    If he does transform, it will be his trump card, and will likely only use against someone like Sasuke or Madara.
    Agreed.

Also, is it just me that thinks that cloak with bubbles sux? I hate the bubbles since the moment i first saw it.
    Mangekyou sharingan tobi is a spiral of errors that keeps growing indefinitely.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never really been a fan of Kyuubi Naruto, it was cool at first but eventually it just looked silly.

It's sort of gotten to the point where I don't think he works as a Jinchuuriki anymore mainly because there are people who can keep up with that sort of power without needing a bijuu.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; May 02, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

His eyes, i like both fox and frog, but not together. Instead that "+" it could be the fox eye with the frog mark around. But black like the manga when it`s not colored
    Mangekyou sharingan tobi is a spiral of errors that keeps growing indefinitely.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never really been a fan of Kyuubi Naruto, it was cool at first but eventually it just looked silly.

It's sort of gotten to the point where I don't think he works as a Jinchuuriki anymore mainly because there are people who can keep up with that sort of power without needing a bijuu.
    I'm not sure how a powerful nin being able to keep up with bijuu-level power relates at all to whether an individual works as a jinchuuriki.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the kyuubi and sage mode mixture it is similar to sasuke's EMS. where he has to mix his own MS with his brothers. he uses another persons power to gain new abilities. it is the same with naruto mixing sage mode in the kyuubi it is his own version of the ems by mixing 2 powers together. also both the kyuubi and sharingan came from the juubi. both were created from the same source and both naruto and sasuke have had them since birth. well naruto had the kyuubi longer then sasuke had his sharingan cause sasuke had to awaken it. naruto has had the kyuubi since birth like with gaara and other jinchuriki the power becomes there when they can control it and use it on their own without losing their mind. like gaara if naruto loses the bijuu he will still have characteristics of the creature like gaara still has his sand control naruto will still have a high chakra reserve and regeneration.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just saying to me, it would make sense if Naruto no longer took on the physical apperance traits of kyuubi because the chakra tries to force Naruto to become the shape of Kyuubi as Yamato once mentioned.

Keeping that in mind, if we go back to what the frog said about the Kyuubi's will and hatred being extracted along with the chakra Naruto draws (The whole problem in the first place) then by defeating the will and drawing the chakra alone and making it his own, there shouldn't be any reason for it to be full of hatred and forcing his body to take on the Kyuubi's appearance.

That's just my opinion though.
    But it still does for Bee, even though he presumably dispersed his own hatred. Plus, I don't see Kishi giving naruto the kyuubi transformations he got so far with the whole thing ending by not letting naruto use them at all. It would just be Sage Mode 2.0 (which is itself disappointing in that it doesn't really add anything new to naruto, just boosts the shit he already has).

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jspot View Post
    I'm not sure how a powerful nin being able to keep up with bijuu-level power relates at all to whether an individual works as a jinchuuriki.
    Not in the sense you think, by not working I mean, Naruto as a Jinchuuriki is just not enjoyable to me anymore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    If Kyuubi can maintain his own personality, like Hachibi seems to be able to do, there may be some moments like those, just slightly different.

Thats not suppose to happen with the Kyuubi. At least not if Naruto wants any real control over the Kyuubi. So if Naruto does really get complete control over the Kyuubi it will only be control over its power. And there should not be any interaction between the two because the Kyuubi's mind will be blocked away from Naruto. So in theory Naruto should get all of the power and none of the attitude.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    A victor is not required to avail himself of every spoil to be found, but he can take the spoils he desires (if they can be take at all). This is a battle for Kyuubi's power. Those other fights were not fights for the power of the enemy, but were fights for other reasons. In defeating Kakuzu Naruto could enjoy the spoils of friendship because he saved his comrades, no need for the hearts, imo, he crossed a dangerous bridge! The spoils of the Gaara fight were saving a friend, finding a close friend/ally, and disciple of the Naruto church, and saving him from eternal darkness, imo. The spoils need not be jutsu! In this fight, Kyuubi will be fighting to come back to full existence and control using his power (which would be his spoil of battle), and Naruto will be trying to use that power and control Kyuubi.

The training hard/work thing does not die the moment he can use it freely because he was only able to get to that stage through hard work and training. In some instances, when you obtain something, it is over. You don't have to undergo the same trials and tribulations every time you use it because you did it already and it is over!
    You are just sugar coating this, none of what you said makes naruto any less of a leach who stopped using his own power in any plausible way

Kyubi is not a thing, it is a living thing -whether it is or isn't a murderous asshole is besides the point-. He has his own inherent power and the manga is heading in a direction where naruto will subdue the kyubi to be able to use its power to his liking. Kyubi is not a KG not should it be compared to one because of many of the obvious differences. Kyubi is a creature completely alien to naruto, it was forced on him. At least sharingan is an ability developed through training and only overly talented and hard working ninja like sasuke and itachi can hope to advance it to the level they did. Even if naruto did fully made the fox into his bitch, using its power won't make it naruto's. The power would still belong to the fox, naruto won't be be using his own power he would merely be taking that of the fox. It is true not anyone is capable of properly leaching power of a biju though, only exceptional people can do it -that does not change the fact that they do not fight with their own power though-.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast