Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Naruto using fuinjutsu to beat genjutsu?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto using fuinjutsu to beat genjutsu?

Recently in chapter 500 we were told that the uzumaki were feared for their great sealing jutsu and power. We were also shown Mito uzumaki who beared a similar mark to tsunade. http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/87110441/5
    Which made me think of the nature of tsunade's mark, which is a seal she uses to store chakra so that she can cause massive cell generation to heal herself. http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/15/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/169/16/
    Using a seal in which she has stored chakra she can disrupt her normal body function and cause massive cell regeneration and cell division to heal herself. Recently many people discuss the problem of naruto combating genjutsu because not being partners with kyuubi like bee is with hachibi, bee stating a partner is usefull in disrupting chakra flow to allow the jinchuriki to break free from genjutsu.
    It was also shown in the beginning of part II that focusing and gathering large amounts of chakra can also be used to break free from genjutsu.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/259/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/259/10/

Naruto also possess full control of the kyuubi's chakra and has access to natural chakra from sage mode thus being able to potentially gather large amounts of chakra to disrupt his own chakra flow and break him free from genjutsu. considering this with naruto's relation to uzumaki and potential to learn sealing jutsu there could be a possibility that naruto could potential focus a certain amount of chakra to one place in a manner similar to Tsunade but instead sealing sage or the kyuubi's chakra (which has now mixed with his own chakra) into a specific point. Potentially naruto could release the seal and disrupt his chakra flow allowing him to break from genjutsu in a manner similar to gathering large amounts of chakra. This is just a theory. feel free to discuss/comment criticize etc. thanks

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto using fuinjutsu to beat genjutsu?

Interesting theory,

But I think Naruto is unlikely to learn any sealing from Tsunade. I think it would be too complicate for him to learn and since he's no good at chakra control...Which I assume that fuinjutsu required it.

But I can see Sakura learning it from Tsunade more than anyone else. She learned complicate things very quick and good at chakra control too.

I remember reading Data Book and noticed that Sakura has learned seals more than anyone else in Team 7 (equal or more than Sasuke)...So it seems that Tsunade has taught her something.

However, I believe that he will be able to beat genjutsu with something else, like in Sage mode/Kyubi mode...It seem to be real Naruto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    …and since he's no good at chakra control...Which I assume that fuinjutsu required it.
    If he's no good at chakra control, how is he able to perform the sage transformation, create large rasengan, and thousands of clones. I think you are not looking at his skills correctly. I agree he's naive when it comes to certain things, but once shown in a manner in which he can understand he quickly masters it. Examples are shadow clones, rasengan, nature manipulation, and sage jutsu.

It is however an interesting idea to try and store an amount of chakra to be used as a quick jolt for genjutsu release, but I highly doubt it will happen. At least not against Sasuke. Perhaps many years in the future when he's more educated in sealing jutsu I could see it happening, but it still doesn't seem his style at the moment.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't transform into an entirely irrelevant topic. Let's stay on-topic please

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is an interesting thought. I was wondering the other day why you couldn't use some sort of seal to counteract genjutsu.

It wouldn't have to be anything as powerful as Tsunade's mark though.

Just some kind of seal imprinted on your body that is set to react to the nature of your chakra if it falls under the effect of a genjutsu. It only has to disrupt the chakra flow a relatively small amount from that point to nullify the genjutsu.

Considering the type of stuff they do with seals, I don't see why someone very skilled with seals couldn't do it easily.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Jiraya did seal Amaterasu somehow. It might be the key to Naruto defeating the Mangekyou Sharingan.

Ever since the Chuunin Shiken that seals are one badass power, used by Orochimaru to show how supreme he was compared to regular ninjas. Learning it would be the ultimate knowledge for Naruto to get the respect he needs to be Hokage material, imo.

But I don't see Naruto sealing Sasuke's eyes. That's... odd!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    I see your point. But I think that if he is really good at chakra control like anyone here said. Why don't he just stop his chakra flow to get free from genjutsu? It's a lot more easier and use less chakra (Or not at all)

Maybe it's just me that always compare this ability to Sakura, who's excellence chakra control.

P.S. Sorry, that I did comments off topic on your thread...my apologize.
    I don't think resetting your chakra network is the 'perfect' counter to genjutsu otherwise genjutsu would be pretty weak against any accomplished jounin. Jiraiya taught Naruto that as a way for him to try and counter genjutsu back when he had no other options.

Against TS it looks like you'll need something far more impressive. Just look at Kakashi (who has superb chakra control based on how many techniques he can use with his small chakra pool) who had a sharingan and still couldn't do a single thing against Itachi's TS. I don't think anyone is breaking through genjutsu from the MS without some kind of special technique or trick.

As far as Sakura goes.... she had excellent chakra control from the very start of the manga and got trapped in a genjutsu by Kakashi in survival training and she's never been hit by a particularly powerful genjutsu to see if she could get out of it by chakra control alone.

I like the idea Naruto will learn and use sealing techniques to help with Sasuke's genjutsu, but I think it's more likely he'll get friendly with the fox and get out of it the same way Bee did. Even if they aren't best friends I think the fox would go for helping Naruto escape a genjutsu over being controlled by Madara again.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Deleted some of the off topic posts here. Stick with the topic, Naruto using fuinjutsu to beat genjutsu, please. No need to mention his poor chakra control.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tahl's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it looks pretty clear that bee will teach naruto how to control the kyubi. Ergo making him another perfect host who is immune to genjutsu.

As for sealing techniques, maybe. Narutonas a hats yer isn't really the type who knows that many different justu's. In my opinion he is not Kage level yet simply because all that he has is a couple of (very powerfull) kage level moves. So no I just can't see him to be the type who learns counter seals to stop genjutsu. I think the whole hung on the boat set up how normal shinobi stop genjutsu but it also establishes that for naruto web he basics of the art are beyond his capabilities.

As for more skilled ninjas such as the Kages then yeah I don't see why not. The only possible drawback being that you'd

A) have to realise your in an genjutsu in order to activate the seal

And

B) be able to activate the seal whilst in a genjutsu.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really interesting theory.

I think Naruto will learn fuinjutsu from his mom Kushina since they're already talking.
    Or Naruto going to learn fuinjutsu using the scroll like he learn kagebunshin from the big scroll he took near the beginning of the anime.

But I do think that Kyuubi will cooperate with Naruto. As what it states at this chapter : http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/500/06/
    Naruto going to fill the vessel will love and only then will naruto will be able
    to completely cooperate with the Kyuubi.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Well, Jiraya did seal Amaterasu somehow. It might be the key to Naruto defeating the Mangekyou Sharingan.

Ever since the Chuunin Shiken that seals are one badass power, used by Orochimaru to show how supreme he was compared to regular ninjas. Learning it would be the ultimate knowledge for Naruto to get the respect he needs to be Hokage material, imo.

But I don't see Naruto sealing Sasuke's eyes. That's... odd!
    That's the best way I think than using rasenshurikken on him lol.

Naruto bring him back in one piece

Well Naruto didn't say how he would bring back sasuke right
    CLEANED

New Reply