Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Kyuubi Sage" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think we'll see much of Kyuubi Sage Naruto. Sage Mode is basically the same as Kyuubi mode, but not as powerful or longreaching, and it's safe for allies and the user itself. Kyuubi mode is just more dangerous.
    If anything, Kyuubi may come into play while Naruto's in Sage Mode when genjutsu is being cast or is cast upon Naruto. Kyuubi Sage to me is like, putting an iPhone in a Droid phone. There's some differences, but both are mostly the same. Both can be used together to overcome some weakness to its user, but otherwise both may not be as necessary.
    I see a fusion of sage mode and the kyuubi, kish put the idea in the mind also Naruto has never completely mastered a complete jutsu (except shadow clone) shadow clone is needed for rasnegen, and is used for FRS it also used for sage mode. Or like you said to be used overcome each other weaknesses.

Ps. Combining the i Phone and Droid would be the best phone invented, both have app's with Google and i Tunes, theirs more but this is a Naruto thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NARUTO SAGE MODE+KYUBI CLOAK

what i think would be extremely cool is what if naruto transforms into the kyubi and then goes into sage mode! the fox already has human like features, such as his hands. if he has those hands, it should enable him to perform jutsus. imagine the ninetails in sage mode performing a rasenshuriken!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope for kyuubi sage mode because it would put an end to this tailed cloak and full transformations which i hate i think it would be cooler for him to be in sage fox eyes but still human in my opinion that would be cooler than a giant fox fighting ninjas

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@ninjabot

you make it sound like sitting still is like doing nothing. Those are very different things, Even as sitting still he was doing chakra balance, which is difficult by itself since he has a 4 elements to consider instead of 3, physical energy, spirtual energy, fox's chakra and nature energy.

He has honed the mastery of controlling / balancing these 3 elements (3, physical energy, spirtual energy). That's the main reason why he Naruto sucked at balancing chakra before, its because of the fox chakra, as stated in the manga.

I believe Naruto is at genius level as well like his father (4th hokage). Genius level at both hard-work and innate talent. It was always the fox that made Naruto's life a mess. Before he sucks at shadow clone jutsu, but later it became his main arsenal, he's probably one of the best using it.

So my point is, the sage training, its not just sitting still. It's the culmination of handwork and innate talent Naruto has. And I don't believe Sakura can even come close in mastering Sage Justu if she has the fox chakra disrupting her always. She's probably on a rampage, because she could be easily overwhelmed by the Kyubi.

Like Yamato said, Naruto was special having been able to suppress Kyubi. But like I said, its not just being special, its also because of hard-work. Without training even a genius would fall upon prey to a stupid counterpart.

Also the fact that Kyubi, is living inside Naruto, Naruto's own body as a host. Then by no means, he owns Kyubi! and whatever kyubi has, Naruto owns it as well.

It's like having a castle, the castle being your own domain, you own everything. From the soldiers to the maids. You can easily commandeer your troops to conquer a new land or whatever. Since you own the soldiers, it is your power. That's why a king is supreme. In Naruto's sense, he's currently battling, who own's the body, who is king, if Naruto succeed, then he can command / take over Kyubi's power as his own, ergo he owns kyubi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of people disliking the cloaks but no one is understanding the purpose it gives Naruto. While he will be facing Sasuke who has the best defense since Itachi, it gives Naruto a great defense also, the cloaks comes with jutsu too.

Naruto without the cloak would suck, it would just be like 0tails, he would gain speed, power and enhanced jutsu but that sage mode. The cloaks are the amount of power released.

The kyuubi is Naruto's birth right just like Sasuke's sharingan. After this battle the kyuubi's chakra will be his own so he's not leaching anymore, it's an extending of his own power. Also sage mode isn't his own power he is using the power of the air and ground.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner purearab318's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

kyubi + sage= naruto has become the most powerful being, with the most chakra character currently existing in the naruto universe.

but naruto is still susceptible to a gengutsu of uchiha power. remember that killer bee was saved by his partner the hachibi helping him against sasukes tsukiyomi. at the end of chapter 499 kyubi said i wont forget this naruto thereby implying that he's going to get even.

lets not forget that inorder to get out of tsukiyomi naruto needs the kyubis to disrupt the casters genjutsu (tsukiyomi).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Centrelink's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the kyubi form to represent.

Sorry but I loved his transformations, especially the added abilities it gave him (fox cloak hands are awesome).

I would be happy with some form of red pulsing chakra he could control to some extent with some of the bones from his transformation during the pain arc on his body. kinda like bone armor.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    I see a lot of people disliking the cloaks but no one is understanding the purpose it gives Naruto. While he will be facing Sasuke who has the best defense since Itachi, it gives Naruto a great defense also, the cloaks comes with jutsu too.

Naruto without the cloak would suck, it would just be like 0tails, he would gain speed, power and enhanced jutsu but that sage mode. The cloaks are the amount of power released.

The kyuubi is Naruto's birth right just like Sasuke's sharingan. After this battle the kyuubi's chakra will be his own so he's not leaching anymore, it's an extending of his own power. Also sage mode isn't his own power he is using the power of the air and ground.
    The reason i dont like them is because its like every other jinchuriki basically except for nine tails unorginal stuff we have seen since part I. Also not trying to be rude but what are you saying about the cloaks = amount of power we dont need cloaks to know if he is using its full power or not and i would much prefer a 0 tails than a giant fox running around spamming lazors at least have a human naruto spam lazors if your gonna go that road. what exactly is bad about speed gain, power gain and enhanced jutsu i would much rather have a kyuubi sage or rilkkoudo seal type form than seeing more partial transformations and cloaks which were cool at first but have been used for a long time and just seem stupid to me. i'm not saying he has to have no sort of transformation at all but at least change it up and make it different unlike every jinchuriki shown thus far. naruto seems to only transform when he feels the fox's hate so i have some hope that their could be a different non cloak transformation showing his mastery without succumbing to the fox's hate. also the cloaks arent that great a defense seeing as how naruto during VOTE fight broke his arm while in cloak and was stabbed by orochimaru in part II people keep saying it will be like susanoo and be invicible but i mean we saw what hapened when people have begun to overcome and break through susanoo. i just dont like cloaks cause they take away from jutsu arsenal and battle is simply reduced to monster blasts i want naruto to actually show jutsu using sage mode and kyuubi chakra without having battles become cloak/tailed/partial transformations/ full bijuu i just hope kyuubi sage happens because i just don't like the cloaks and its not like people don't get the point of cloaks i would rather see something different p.s sage mode is a decent defense too as it makes naruto's body super durable (as shown in training with fukasaku) and hard to hurt and who's to say that sage + kyuubi mode or any other potential form he may take wont be a really good defense he doesnt necessarily need cloaks for that theres more than one way to have good defense it doesnt have to be so cut and dry

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The cloak is not a result of giving into the beasts hate, B uses the cloaks to and he's not giving into hate. If anything these last few chapters have shown that he and the beast have no hate towards each other. There will be transformations for Naruto but he will now be in control. The only thing I fear is that he will loose the edge of the cloak it's self acting on it's own like in VotE fight where the chakra creates an arm and acts independent of Naruto. That gave him an advantage over the sharingan which was trying to track and predict his movements. True the higher end transformations usually result in huge one-shot attacks ment to end fights but with FRS and Kirin it's pretty much the same thing without transformations now so what's the difference? The sage/kyuubi mix formation was the best yet and showed Naruto in full control of his actions, I'm hoping we see more of that in the future.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheBeastWithin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    No, he doesn't. The Kyuubi latches on to the hatred in your heart and uses it to force it's will over you. Subduing the Kyuubi comes down to removing the hatred in your heart. Not fighting it tooth and nail. And sure as hell not overpowering it. Just like the Sage training, all Naruto needs to do is sit still and become a blank slate. Such HARD training. Oh sure, he got clubbed in the head every now and then. Hardly as dangerous or lethal as fighting the 8 tails jinchuuriki or a whole room fool of Kage.

It's bijuu control, not jinchuuriki control. Jinchuuriki are the ones holding the beasts within them. And they can't control their bijuu perfectly because not all bijuu are the same, not all jinchuuriki are the same, and quite possibly, not all of them have had the time to train that Yondaime Mizukage and Killerbee has. For one, the Kyuubi is pure hatred in physical form. It's been stated that he needs his hosts hatred inorder to grab hold of it and use it as a medium to take control. I'd say it's alot easier to ignore your hatred than it is to fight a beast of chakra the old fashioned way.

Likewise, there's no where can you show me that it's the same for every bijuu. For all you know Hachibi, Yonbi, Ichibi, Rokubi...all of them had more easily manipulated bijuu.

Misenterpretation for the lose. My logic entails that gaining a game winning advantage with the least amount of effort (effort that can't even be CONSIDERED effort) is not respectable and shouldn't be praised. We'll use your flawed analogy:

If you were about to take a test, and I studied for that test, but you had every answer to said test (gained by just SITTING STILL and waiting for them to be set on your desk), and you end up getting test scores far above mine, despite me studying day and night, losing sleep and drinking Mountain Dew non stop to stay awake...then you get no props, no respect, no honor from your achievements.

Now, before you bother mentioning Sasuke, killing your brother and sacrificing your sanity is most definitely a price. Far more costly then "sitting still". Going blind is far more of a price than "getting bonked on the head with a stick". Don't ever compare the Kyuubi to the Mangekyou Sharingan if you want to be taken seriously.
    dude u are such a naruto hater... umm sasuke got pawned at the kage summit, and ended up saved by madara and the leaf guy, and he didnt kill his brother, he died on his own from being sick, so stop praising sasuke so much cuz if narutos a leech den so is sasuke... afterall he would of got pawned by bee if not for ameretsu, which was GIVEN to him by his brother... just like minato gave the fox to naruto, so w.e... the curse seal was also GIVEN to him... and now he has his brothers eyes which were also GIVEN to him... so by ur logic sasuke is the biggest leech in the manga unlike naruto who was only given the fox... bcuz only he can controll it..

remember all the stone frogs at the mountain??? those were all people who tried and failed at the sage arts... so sage training tho it looks simple in fact is the hardest training in the manga....

The fox is narutos birth right... he was left with no parents, and was shuned by his entire village... he endured countless years alone being hated by his entire village becuz of the fox.. now u wna turn around and say its unfair for naruto to use his power??? Or call it leechin??? well its only fair, bcuz of the fox narutos childhood was a disaster, he deserves every ounce of the kyuubis power... its HIS power.. the beast lives within him, burdens HIS life... the least the fox could do is give him his power, and he had to take it for himself, tho his mother help'd... sasuke has had more help in power boost, oro (cursed mark) itachi (ameretsu) and madara (itachis eyes) pfff emo boy is the real leech!!
    Last edited by TheBeastWithin; July 01, 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hojinmaru View Post
    The cloak is not a result of giving into the beasts hate, B uses the cloaks to and he's not giving into hate. If anything these last few chapters have shown that he and the beast have no hate towards each other. There will be transformations for Naruto but he will now be in control. The only thing I fear is that he will loose the edge of the cloak it's self acting on it's own like in VotE fight where the chakra creates an arm and acts independent of Naruto. That gave him an advantage over the sharingan which was trying to track and predict his movements. True the higher end transformations usually result in huge one-shot attacks ment to end fights but with FRS and Kirin it's pretty much the same thing without transformations now so what's the difference? The sage/kyuubi mix formation was the best yet and showed Naruto in full control of his actions, I'm hoping we see more of that in the future.
    The cloaks are the result of the bijuu's will as it was shown in around chapter 490 when the scroll frog explains naruto's method of kyuubi control when I say hate I don't mean the emotion but I mean the evil will of the kyuubi and malice that it influences naruto to assume its form as explained by gerotora. I'm not saying bee and hachibi have hate at all I am saying that at least from what has been shown hachibi is not sealed as the kyuubi is thus allowing it to give chakra to bee which could mean he receives chakra mixed with will from it causing him to transform. I just want naruto to use something different than bee instead of using cloak and tail crap . Naruto has taken all the chakra from kyuubi making it his own so I don't see why he should transform just by using it he has managed to use it without transforming befor and staying in full control like in neji fight and kyuubi sage mode I would rather see that than some fox or some weid black thing with semi human face launching lazors. Also alhough frs and kirin are strong they are usually used after all other jutsu have been used and aren't the first thing that's used and then the fight ends all fox using tailed cloaks are usually the same 1. Transforming into cloak or tails 2. Rampaging and screaming around and even when in control mostly the same. 3. Chakra hand or some weirf body distortion technique. 4. Chakra blast. Kyuubi sage mode is the best of both worlds as it shows control over the kyuubi and sage mode simultanusly and now he can use the full power of the kyuubi with sage mode I just think its more impressive if a jinchuriki can control the full chakra while remaining in control then succumbing to the will and borrowing chakra from the kyuubi to transform

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ednometry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so let me get this straight... a few of you seem to think that Naruto is a leech for using the Kyubi... That he has not earned that power... So then the fact that he has suffered and been alone for most of his life for being one of few people left on the planet, as explained by his mother, with chakra even capable of suppressing the Kyubi... A monster exponentially more powerful than all other bijuu... Keeping it safely tucked away in his own body, not giving into his situation and hating the rest of the world for it (which is more or less what Sasuke did)... Only releasing it's power in the most dire of circumstances and usually for a friend's sake... all means nothing? None of this counts as "hard work" or blood, sweat and tears? You're saying he didn't earn this power though he's paid for it his whole life... by losing his family along with the possibility of acceptance by his village. That having to basically prove himself at every turn to every person almost ever in his life isn't enough of a sacrifice. You want him to what... lift weights? Oh wait, if he was born with it or it didn't have a will of his own then it wouldn't be leeching?

If in reality a man swallowed a bolt of lightning and then fried things by shooting electricity out of his ass that would make him incredible for doing the impossible because he should have died from being struck by lightning!!! That's Naruto's bloodline, doing the impossible against all odds!!! He's conquered a freaking force of nature by shear will alone!!! His bloodline and chakra were enough to keep it in check on their own but his will and hard work lead him to where he is now, which is in charge of one of the most potent and large bodies of chakra in his entire universe!!! Stop this leech talk BS...

IMHO I hope he still rocks the tails in one form or another, a clear shroud like the 8 tails with the sage mode keeping his skin from burning off would be cool... Then he could do that whole swallowing a ball of hyper chakra mouth cannon jutsu on his own and obliterate Susanoo in the blink of an eye. Or maybe he could just sit still and send his chakras out to kick Sasuke's ass on their own, like Kage bunshins made of just chakra (sage and kyubi) that could reshape themselves on the fly when attacked instead of going "poof". I liked the look he had with the spiral seals and flaming shroud, if he looked like that with the cross sage mode/kyubi eyes from the Nagato confrontation (I can't call it a fight) I would love that!!!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Please keep the discussion within normal parameters, it would be a shame for this thread to transform into Sasuke/Naruto bashing
    Thanks a lot

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4